Regent Singapore The

Regent Singapore
Agoda.com Travelocity Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• kandl1's Profile Photo

Pampered, and away from the crowds

The taxi dropped me off right in front, and the doormen rushed over to open the cab doors for me...hmmm, I thought, this could be nice.
    "Welcome Sir, may we take your bags?"
    Sure, after 18 hours on a plane, I'd say yes to just about anything, but this was just the beginning of my experience with this high level of service. Every door was opened for me, the entire staff inquired about my needs and my day. The fresh fruit and flowers in the elevator lobbies was an extra touch. The lobby itself was stunning. It's one of those atrium-style open lobbies, with glass elevators in the center. Water fountains added to the relaxing setting. The rooms were very nice, not the biggest, but plenty large for the two of us.

Unique Quality: When I arrived, I found out that this hotel is part of the Four Seasons hotel group. The high level of service was something that I haven't experienced before but would love to have again. The little touches from the friendly and inquisitive staff are what we'll remember the most.
    We had a memorable experience in The Bar on our last night. Long story short...we had cuban cigars, champagne, listened to, and talked with the entertainment (a singer of the standards) for a few hours.

Directions: At the far end of Orchard road, near the tanglin mall, tanglin place, and tanglin center.

• kumachan200x's Profile Photo

Waoo

Regent International Hotels was founded in 1972 with the intention of establishing a group of world-class hotels focused on the Pacific Rim.

From 1972 to 1979 the Company opened and managed a number of hotels, but only gained truly international recognition in 1980 with the opening of its flagship, The Regent Hong Kong. The property was instantly accepted by the public and, by 1982, was recognised as being one of the world's great hotels. Since 1991, it has been named one of the world's top two hotels by Institutional Investor's Annual Poll; having achieved the number one position in two consecutive years.

In 1992, Regent International Hotels became a wholly owned subsidy of Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, Ltd. of Toronto, Canada. The Regent and Four Seasons brand are associated with hotels of the highest quality and exceptional service, meeting the needs of the international traveller.

As a group they continue to garner prestigious awards from the readers of Institutional Investor, Conde Nast Traveller, Travel & Leisure as well as independent rating services.

In December, 1996, Four Seasons signed a binging letter of intent to partner with Carlson Hospitality Worldwide to develop and market new hotels under The Regent brand. The plan is to build on Regent 's outstanding reputation while adding new locations in Asia and around the world.

Regent properties are currently located in the Sounth-East Asian of Hong Kong, Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore and Taipei, Sydney, Australia and Beverly Hills, California and the United States.

More about Regent Singapore The

One of Singapore's best Hotels

by awlawl about Regent Singapore

Raise an eyebrow and a waiter or assistance will come running. Impeccable service. Style, the best in Singapore, Singapore’s answer to The Dorchester, Parklane, Mayfair, W1X

Regent International Group of Hotels

by Sharrie about The Regent, Singapore

Nicest & most cosy lobby, Chinese-style. Fabulous ambience with excellent restaurants & lounge.

Best for Business, ok for travellers

by TripAdvisor Member thepeacha

The hotel was nicely located, quick stroll to shopping both major and minor, yet in a quiet location. We were there just before Christmas and they were doing room renovations, as it is a business hotel and was virtually empty during our stay. In fact the room next to us was being worked on during our stay but it was no bother. We were on the top floor, which had nice views- however the ventilation/ AC at the top of the soaring lobby was poor and it felt like a sauna as we passed from the lifts to the room. The pool was lovely, and I had a terrific massge as well. Breakfast buffet was very nice. Service everywhere was fantastic, high marks for all the staff. Would probly go back if rates remained favorable, otherwise seek out a more posh resort.

A Great Place to Stay

The Regent was wonderful - there is simply nothing negative to say! The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are comfortable, and the food/dining choices are plentiful. The workout facility is small but up to date with an attentive staff. Slightly removed from Orchard, it is still quite convenient to everything.

Overpriced, average hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member WorldTraveller84

Having had a fantastic stay in The Regent Kuala Lumpur the previous week, this hotel paled in comparison.

Upon arrival we did not get the room we requested. Throughout the week I was not impressed with customer service and efficiency. For example, when phoning housekeeping for requests, staff were sometimes courteous, sometimes aloof! Evening room service seemed to involve variations throughout the week, sometimes receiving certain things e.g. clean towels, sometimes not.

At breakfast we requested tea and water on all 6 mornings we visited. We received this request on only 1 of the 6 visits without having to ask for the drinks at least once more! Supposedly the staff simply forgot on all the 5 other days! Breakfast had a wide variety but I found factors such as few cereal varieties remaining as early as an hour before breakfast closed slightly annoying. On one occassion I also found 2 hairs in my cereal!

The hotel is quite well positioned with a 5-10 min walk to the Orchard Road. However, others such as The Marriott are even better positioned right in the heart of Orchard Road.

I wouldn't visit this hotel again. I believe it to be overpriced with inefficient staff service.

Great Hotel for Business & Leisure Travellers

by TripAdvisor Member Member1

The Regent Hotel is lovely, and situated only 10 mins walk from the main Orchard Drive. My husband stayed there for over one month for business and I joined him for a week on holiday. The service is excellent with all our needs met with attention to detail. We enjoyed the Club Lounge - again the service was excellent. The only negative, is that I found the pool to be a bit on the small side, however, it was never really that busy anyway! Would definatley recomment the Regent over the Traders!

Comments