Royal Plaza On Scotts

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 24% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• One of the best

I stayed at the Royal plaza on Scott's in February 2012, the hotel is centrally located just off orchard road. The lobby is large and inviting with a restaurant on the left as you enter. The reception area is well staffed with friendly and efficient people. On my check in I found them to be ver happy and courteous . The room itself was fantastic, large spacious well looked after and with good benefits in that the fridge was stocked with drinks, Oreos which were complimentary. As well as that a nespresso machine in the room made fantastic coffee. The bed in the room was king sized and vey comfortable

I've stayed in other 5 star hotels in Singapore and is rate this one as the best that I have visited.

Unique Quality: There is a gym and a swimming pool. There is also a computer room on level 2 with macs set Up for use by guests making it easy to checkon emails and events back home.

• fridz's Profile Photo

One of Singapore's Best Hotels

our 3nights stay there was so good! the price was worth it. the staff were accommodating and friendly.they refilled the mini fridge every morning with sodas, water and even beer - and that's for free!you can grab fresh apples anytime. and of course, you can drink teas, coffees all you want in one of their lounges. the breakfast buffet was good too. though i haven't try some of their amenities/facilities like swimming pool , the gym... overall, we really enjoyed our stay here.

Unique Quality: nice location. very accessible.

• this is what i called a hotel

Everything is free during my stay.
    Free stuff from mini bar- no charges at all and they will refill it the next day.
    Free wi-fi service.
    Free drinks at one of the hotel’s lounge.
    Free buffet breakfast.

Spacious room.
    Comfortable bed.
    Friendlly & Helpful staff.
    5 minutes to Orchard MRT Station
    Taxi’s are easily available at the doorstep of the hotel.
    Located strategically at the heart of Orchard Shopping district and also it is next to DFS (Duty Free Shop)

• wise23girl's Profile Photo

Everyone Likes to be Near Orchard Road

Well my first impression was very favourable. We had our luggage wrapped in plastic and as there are no sharps allowed on the plane how on earth do you get into your luggage(we had had this problem before)?
    Well the porter was "on the ball'. Would you like us to unwrap your suitcases? Yes please. Was surely worth a tip don't you reckon.
    So we were escorted to our quite spacious comfortable room for our 2 nights stopover. All was in order. No real view . But who was going to be in the room all the time? Not us.

Breakfast was included ..a good selection of food and an omelette made while you wait. My favouite thing.

Unique Quality: Well I had never seen this before but the bedroom looked right into the bathroom. And the toilet was in full view. Ok I might look charming in a bubble bath but a toilet view is not very exciting.

It took a while. How dumb is that but in the end I found a blind. Voila! All is well.

Now I have to locate the photo my friends took of this. Stay tuned. Yep but the photo is from the bathroom to the bed...untidy! Theirs!

And there is an actual bath. A bath is just divine.

I guess you realize the "Scott" part is a Street.

And you are SO close to Orchard St.

Directions: Just off Orchard Road but hey grab a taxi or a trishaw and they will take you there.

• Lyda1973's Profile Photo

Fantastic hotel

Very well maintained, very good location, surrounded by shopping malls, restaurants, discret bars, cinemas, mc donalds. Is the perfect place to stay if you want to doing some shopping.
    The rooms are spacious, the bed is very comfortable and also the pillows, are bigs and very comfortable; the staff is extremely helpful and the restaurant next to the lobby is amazing, the buffet is absolutely fantastic.

• maac56's Profile Photo

Real Value for Money

I stayed for 5 nights in Sept 2005. Although the Hotel may not look impressive from the outside, this impression changes as soon as you pass through the Entrance doors. The foyer is very welcoming and the staff i met were very nice and accomodating.

Check-in took a few minutes and was quite painless. The receptionist was very nice and offered me a nice welcome to Singapore.

The bedroom was roomy and although the view was nothing to write home about, this was made up for by the facilities and of course the inclusive mini bar. My luggage arrived a few minutes after i arrived in the room. The porter was extremely helpful and offered to show me where everything was in the room.

The hotel house cleaning called to ask if everything was OK with my room, which of course it was.

I did mention that some of the drinks in the mini-bar were not to my liking and they made sure for the rest of my stay they were replaced with other drinks that i liked. It was a little touch that i appreciated. What i did notice was 'only' the drinks that i had used were replaced, so for the remainder of my stay i made sure the minibar was empty.

Room service was very good and the prices very very good compared to what i would expect to pay at home in Ireland.

The bathroom was in my opinion a little dated, but this in no way took away from the excellent value for money this hotel offers. There was ample soap and lotions.

Unique Quality: This Hotel is ideally placed for shopping on Orchard Road, a few minutes walking and you are in shoppers paradise, but be warned you'll shop until you drop.

Directions: Just off Orchard Road

• rinxie's Profile Photo

The Only Hotel With Free Mini-Bar

We got the deal which was for locals for about US$95 nett per night. The check-in was alright, not much friendliness though.

As our room is a Premier room, we got to have our morning breakfast, afternoon hi-tea and evening cocktail at the Club lounge. The service provided at the Club lounge was really much better than those at the front desk. We went for our hi-tea and returned again for the cocktail session, and by then, the staffs could remember our names

Unique Quality: Hmm...The location itself is an asset. Situated at the heart of Orchard Road, the shopping frenzies are beckoning you the moment you step out of the hotel lobby; not for the faint-hearted though.. =)

Directions: Located next to the DFS (Duty Free Shopping)

More about Royal Plaza On Scotts

stay away

such a shocking and outrageous service at check in - had to wait 10 hours and then had the nerve to change our booking rate to a high us$170 - if you travelling some distance to arrive into singapore - then stay away from this hotel - what misery

HIghly recommend

by TripAdvisor Member ebert3198

We have just spent 4 nights at the hotel, with an upgrade to a premier room and I can highly recommend it. Central to everything. Orchard Road shopping is easy to walk to as you are right at one end of the shopping precinct. And the MRT is right at your door step. Not that you probably need it as taxis are so cheap. Excellent service and friendly staff. Pictures you see on the internet are just like what you get. Facilites are high standard. So if you want somewhere to stay that is reasonably priced and treats you like 5 star, give this one high consideration.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member bigpud

Stayed here for 2 nights with partner 4 children in April.We had connecting rooms each with 2 double beds.Rooms were clean and had all the mod cons.View onto carpark not so good but we were not in the room much.Pool small.Nice deck area though.Great location,right next to shops catering for all price ranges.Food outlets right next door.MRT Orchard rd 5 mins walk.Great place to stay.

A good choice for a reasonable price

by TripAdvisor Member Sal the Fat Fish

I must first make a confession -- I chose staying here this time round because of the attractive promotional rate of S$160, which includes two breakfasts and all the complimentary mini-bar drinks!

I did not expect too much on this hotel, but I must say I was somewhat pleasantly surpised. Yes, it's old and you can see it. It's also in need of a renovation, but everything else works fine. The bathroom remains clean and in good working condition, except for being a bit small. The room carpet is a bit worn out but remained fine. I think with the price I am paying, this is a good deal totally! I have paid about 40 Singapore dollars more for other supposedly better hotels in other parts of Singapore, but had got worse off conditions.

This hotel is slated for a renovation at the end of the year. I think with the touch ups and refurbishment, it should get better but hopefully, not too expensive. And oh yes, did I mention the good service? The front office manager Benny is not only cute looking, but also pleasing as a service provider. Keep up the good work!

Which hotel - Royal Plaza Scotts or Swissotel Merchant

by feast

Hi,

I will be in Singapore for a couple of nights and am trying to decide which hotel to go for:
Royal Plaza on Scotts (near Orchard Road)
or
Swissotel Merchant Court (near Clarke Quay)

The main things I do want to do/see are:
Little India
Chinatown
Orchard Road (I am not a big shopper but do want to check it out)
The Raffles Hotel...drop in for a Singapore Sling
Boat Quay & Clark Quay
Sentosa Island....catch the cable car to Sentosa
Singapore Zoo (specifically the night tour).

I am currently leaning towards the Royal Plaza but read a review that mentions the area is so crowded that it is hard to get taxis to get around the rest of Singapore. As I am not interested in spending all my time on Orchard Road this is definitely a major concern. Also, I do not want to eat at the hotel, so was wondering if there are good breakfast options around there (like there seem to be near Clarke Quay)?

Thanks in Advance!

Re: Which hotel - Royal Plaza Scotts or Swissotel Merchant

by leonghyi

Hi,

Royal Plaza is near to Orchard MRT station (10mins) walk.
You'll see major shopping center like "Isetan Scotts, CK Tang, Wisma, Takashimaya, Heeren, Centerpoint etc. Other than restaurant, you can also find fast food, cafe or food court around the area, mostly $$4 or S$5 and above depending on your choice. You can catch the taxi just outside your hotel so shouldn't be difficult, just take note the ERP gantry and peak hour charges (35% of total fees) that can cost up to S$30+ per trip if you're going to Singapore Zoo (Night Safari) in Mandai area.

Hotel link -> http://www.royalplaza.com.sg/

Swiss Hotel is nearer to Clarke Quay MRT, nearer to Chinatown, City Hall, Esplanade, Singapore Flyer. You can also take the MRT to Little India which is just one station. From Clarke Quay, it's also the same "NE Line" to Chinatown and Harbourfront station (nearest to Sentosa).

Swiss Hotel link -> http://www.swissotel.com/EN/Home

MRT MAP -> http://www.transitlink.com.sg/images/eguide/mrt_sys_map.htm

Depending on your meal preference, Chinatown has got more chinese food and likewise Little India is major in India cuisine at the lower price for both area.

Let me know if you need further advise.
Hope you enjoy your stay.

HY

Re: Which hotel - Royal Plaza Scotts or Swissotel Merchant

by oldc

We stayed at Swissotel Merchant Court in May, couldn't fault it at all. Did all the things you mention, used taxi most of the time and found the prices reasonable. We also used the hippo bus - you can hop on and off at many different places. The hippo bus starts from suntec city, buy your ticket and use it all day.

The night zoo is a must see.

Comments