Siloso Beach Resort

Based on 757 reviews

Beaches Romantic Travel and Honeymoons School Holidays
See Amenities

Paying S$450++/per night and worst than 4 stars

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 10, 2010

The toiletry provided is worst than budget hotel , I have the photos with me. The roof top bath tub was not clean. With ants. Breaskfast are horribly cook and utensils are dirty, the peppers. Photos provided.Toothpaste is the worst...small and seems like those worst than budget hotel type..all the toiletry in fact..

Best is globally known that there is a world cup yet there’s no channel to it. YET, THEY DID not bother to inform us.. and tell walk over to the opposite pub and they sponsor that.. ..

You did mention about a gentle man, what is his name? Mind is call Ariun and he says he called Kelvin the person in charge of this hotel. But the boss of Siloso Beach will not take action...

There are more things and the way he talk to me is : becus this is an eco friendly hotel, and if I were to bring my Girlfriend I will not bring her here if I expect a higher class hotel. I will bring her to cabella..

Why Did i not flag out this method to him after check in? I was questioned by him ( Arun) and he mentioned He spoken with Kelvin Ng and will not be taking any action...
I says, I am not going to pay that much and whole night no one is there to look into the case.. so I have to wait till morning..

He even mention: I should let him known about the toiletry the second I check in..why wait till 11pm? The fact is because I am not a picky person..when everything blow up is when I realise there’s so many unhappiness end of the just a collection of everything thing as it move on to trying enjoying my night...

As for the toiletry he says he is run out , so no choice..he gave us the very budget type...
The whole conversation was ..everything he will just expectation is different and..if alot of customer really complain he will be standing at the door step and be very alot of people complaint..everyday...the room is packed..with tourist and regular Singaporean..and everyday..everyone is happy..

So the best is..he can just reduce the 10% service charge which is S$45 and just let the method rest..

My questions is: Are you happy for paying S$450++ for what you are getting.. ?? Pls ask for photos..I have it with me..

I will be highlighting this to Singapore Tourism board and I believe that some actions needs to be taken. He made us pay and he charge us first before we check in and he says we agree to it. My bf is a very easy going he pay first...
Worst he mentioned that my expectation is different from others. Which I am very disappointed with it.
Pls contact me at :81027566 and I would like to work with you together to make known to the board of Director / really operation manager and Singapore Tourism board for an investigation.

Miss Toh

Worst Experience Ever

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 25, 2010

I was supposed to celebrate my bf's birthday at this hotel. I booked a roof garden suite that cost me $380++/night. I arranged 2 weeks in advance that I would need a table set up on the deck of the hotel room so that I can enjoy food with a good view. I brought my own food due to the poor reputation of its food outlets. They agreed and told me that there were no additional charges when I asked. They spoilt the surprise by not setting up the table in the given time frame. I had arranged to leave the room deliberately for the set up. Upon messing up the arrangement, I called the front office and asked to speak with the highest authority. The "duty manager" which attended to me was unsympathetic and rude. I was very disappointed.
We left the room for a walk and came back to find not 1 but 3 lizards in the room crawling on the wall paper. I was too astounded for words. I called the reception and ask for the highest authority again. It was a gentleman that attended to me. I told him my entire experience and that I just cannot bring myself to stay in their hotel anymore. I have no more trust for such a unreliable hotel.I would like to check out then and I am not willing to pay. He said he will contact a higher authority for this matter. I waited some time and realised that I really needed to get out of the room. I went to the reception and he said that he has contacted his "boss" and that I can choose to check out but I still have to pay the full fare. It was 11pm in the night. I think his boss is trying to tell me that I can just pay and get out if I am not happy. Later he offered me a package that he will charge me on the nett amount and offer me a late check out as well as a room change. This time, I have no confidence at all in staying in this hotel even if it was free, but at the same time, it was very late at night, we were tired and dirty. I told him I would like to speak to his boss the following day and he mentioned that actually, he did not manage to contact his 'boss'. So, he is a liar. Later, he advised me to take up the package since I am paying anyway. We needed a resting place; we took up the package reluctantly.
The new room was stuffy due to the poor air-conditioning system. Bath robe was short of one belt. I did NOT have a restful night thinking there might be more lizards crawling while I am sleeping.
The breakfast when we had the next day was of poor quality and range. I went to speak to the Quality officer which I was referred to. After sounding my grievance, she told me she would investigate. She came back and told me that the chairs and tables which I have requested actually had a service fee of $100 and that they are willing to waive for the misunderstanding. I was LOST FOR WORDS. What was there to waive when I was told I did not have to pay for it in the first place? They also said that outside food was also not allowed which was not told to me in the first place, so she made it sound that they were doing me a huge favour! Last but not least, the ice-cream cake which I handed to them came all melted. She offered me a compensation of $30 for the cake that cost $43.
I advise all patrons to think carefully before booking with them. I will summarize by saying that I had a bad dinner experience, sleepless night, rude attitude and excuses which accompanied with lies and NO BIRTHDAY CAKE. Although the hotel room is nice, but honestly, if they cannot provide the service, and only the hardware, they should render themselves as a no frills hotel so people do not have to pay for the bad service. I had an unforgettable birthday party with my bf, I hope you guys don’t share the same experience.

Unique Quality: Great View, nice room if not for the lizards

Directions: Next to Cafe Del Mar

Henrik_rrb's Profile Photo

Amazing breakfast

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 5, 2009

The Siloso Beach Resort is one of my favourite hotels all time! Located on the paradise island Sentosa outside Singapore city it's just a quick ten seconds walk to the beach. The rooms are huge, and if you get a room on one of the higher floors you'll have a great view over the ocean.

But that's not the best though, as the breakfast is yet to come. Don't miss it whatever you do, not for all the money in the world!

Seated on the terrace next to the beach (okay fine, a beach club that is located in between the terrace and the beach is just a tiny bit in the way...) you'll enjoy the calmness, the fresh fruits, the amazing omelette, the juice, the sweet cookies. And at the same time look at the squirrels running around you, looking for a piece of watermelon to chew on. So damn cute!

The peacocks that come by every now and then are a bit bigger than the squirrels and a bit scary, but quite exotic for sure!

Only problem after this is that all other hotel breakfasts taste like crap...

As written above the rooms are huge, and so are the bathrooms. If you get one of the suites on the top floor you'll have your own jacuzzi/pool with a view over the ocean. Only problems we've had on our visits here was once when we had ants in the room. Not many, but enough to make me feel uncomfortable (to Herny's big joy, her boyfriend getting afraid of ants...). Two seconds later the staff had given us a new room, very nice.

Always very good service, the parking is free, and the swimming pool and sun deck is huge. The waterfall next to the pool is quite nice too.
Only problem is that the area is too calm and nice, so it's way too easy to get stuck there with a good book instead of going out and explore the island.

The hotel is located on the south west side of Sentosa, but it's walking distance to everything. 5-10 minutes walk to both the Underwater World and the train to Singapore.

The restaurant area is open also for lunch, although that's nothing special. Plenty of nice restaurants for dinner in the area though.

When we were here there was a a nice promotion of "stay four nights and earn 30 per cent discount" which gave us a price per night of about 80 euro (including taxes and service charge). Well worth the money for sure.
Last time I checked though that discount was gone, and the price was rather high.

The beach is white and great, and perfect for a long walk. The view is quite stunning, as hundreds of huge ships pass by on its way into Singapore harbour every day.
And, you do the math and swim in the water if you want. But I think I rather pass and let the ships and their mess have the sea for themselves...

Unique Quality: The breakfast. Oh. The. Breakfast.

Directions: Take the bridge over to Sentosa, then it's 5-6 minutes drive from there, on the south side of the island.

batgirl1001's Profile Photo

Value for Money Deal

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 23, 2008

Siloso Beach Resort is one of the newest hotels on Sentosa Island and is located right at Siloso Beach behind Casa Del Mar.

The hotel offers standard rooms (rather small), deluxe rooms ( a little bigger but with tub), family rooms and deluxe rooms with private pools on the rooftops. The deluxe room-with private pools are value for money if you need a romantic break and are offered at $380++.

They have a promotion package of $380++ for 2 night stay in a deluxe room inclusive of breakfast and this is a good deal since a deluxe room for one night is $250++.

The hotel is built on the slope of a hill and hence its cafe is on the ground floor, right behind Casa Del Mar while its swimming pool is on the 5th floor. The reception is on the 7th floor and the hotel rooms all have views of the Siloso beach and lagoon.

Indoor carpark space is small but they have ample outdoor parking and good security. Reception area was rather small and had no seats while you are waiting.

However the hotel has nice scenery which encompasses a tropical nature theme background, a high waterfall as a backdrop and a nice swimming pool with kid slides.

Staff are quite friendly (despite the reviews we read in Tripadvisor) and greeted us with smiles and hellos. They even open doors for us. One staff even carried my coffee cup during breakfast to my table even when I said it was not necessary though I was carrying a lot of things and gave my baby girl a small present too.

Breakfast was suppose to be continental but they serve chicken options too. Restaurant manager took great pains to explain to us that food is from halal sources, no pork or lard but they could not apply for halal certification since they serve wine and liquor. They do this because they have a lot of clientele from the Middle East as well as Asian visitors. To make Korean guests feel at hoem, they serve Korean noodles and kimchi which made an elderly Korean lady very happy.

Hence Siloso Beach Resort was a pleasant stay and we certainly would consider staying there again.

Unique Quality: Tropical nature theme which blends well with the building. Seems eco-friendly. Lovely waterfall and swimming pool that blends with the decor. Ambience pleasant and good.

Staff which are friendly and helpful.

Deluxe rooms with private rooptop pools that overlook the Siloso Beach Lagoon. Romantic getaway.

At Siloso Beach, about 500m from the Beach Station. Hence near to the action. Accessible by beach trams which stop directly in front of the cafe.

hassan_abu's Profile Photo

Tropical Rainforest Type of Resort

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 19, 2007

Very pleasant stay here. We stayed at the deluxe twin and it cost us $250 per night. Throw in the all the extra charges like service charge and 7% gst, the total bill costs us about $294.
That is about the same amount if we were to stay at Rasa Sentosa Resort just a few hundred meters away from the Siloso Reseort.

Unique Quality: Its unique quality is that it is well blended with the tropical rainforest. It gives you a relaxed feel. It is quiet and also near the Siloso beach. So, you decide if you want to relax by the pool or sun tan by the beach.

aslc's Profile Photo

Best beachfront resort in Singapore!

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 3, 2007

Beautiful soft bed! Brilliant View!! BIG swimming pool and man-made waterfall!!! Some rooms come with 2nd storey open air seaview jacuzzi. I had that room and it was fabulous! Absolutely loved the experience! Cafe Del Mar is right on the beach, in front of the resort. ALso, love the way the resort has a jungle-garden theme to it- I love the nature-all-around-us feel.. Highly recommended!!!

Unique Quality: HUGE man-made waterfall at the large pool with water slide. Weee!

Open-air jacuzzi with an fabulous view of the Singapore straits.

Directions: from harbourbourfront MRt station: sentosa bus, LRT, beach tram, cab- take your pick

Nearby Siloso Beach Resort

• Business Services
  • Suites
  • Free High Speed Internet

Singapore Travel Forum

Need advice about Singapore, Singapore? Visit the Travel Forum for Singapore and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Singapore hotel reviews