2 Stamford Road, Singapore, 178882, Singapore

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• Theft @ Swissotel Stamford Road

Lovely Hotel and perfectly located however not safe.

Laptop stolen from my room and hotel not taking any responsibility.

You expect personal safety and security in such a hotel and it is not there

Hotel mgt dont seem to care- ''call you next week''.....currently trying to go through Singapore legal system, headache !! .........When things go wrong on travel ( as they soemtimes do) you want to know your dealing with people who ''care''- Not here Im afraid...

• DEBBBEDB's Profile Photo

Above the Rest

My grandmother and a companion met me and my husband in Singapore. We stayed at the Westin Stamford in Raffles City. As of 2002, this hotel is now called the Swisshotel Stamford. The world' tallest hotel, this 1263-room Hotel provides guests with spectacular views

Unique Quality: 20 years later, I don't remember a lot of details but this is what the hotel website says

A Deluxe room offers consistently excellent accommodation. Local phone calls are free. Small touches make the stay, like an iron and ironinging board in every room. And it's very easy indeed to appreciate the convenience of a one-touch call for every service in the hotel.

A Harbour View room offers everything a Deluxe Room offers, with the added bonus of a guaranteed view of the harbour, the Padang and the drametic skyline of the Shenton Way business district. Stamford Crest furnishings are tastefully selected to reflect the decor of an elite private home. These palaces in the sky represent a vastly elevated way of living. A living room. A television in the bathroom, so you can watch movies while you soak. A top-of-the-line Bose Hi-fi System, with a collection of jazz, pop and classical music. Online staff.

• Great views. Bad service.

We stayed there for a week in May.
    The views were brilliant BUT...
    1. the pool was depressing, sandwiched between highrises and crowded.
    2. They charge for use of the gym.
    3. Check in and check out takes a long time due to too few staff for too many guests.
    4. Exhorbitant charges for WIFI usage.
    5. In most hotels, the exec floor is a 'child-free' zone so that adults can focus on business, etc. Not the Stamford;the lounge was full of raucous children, even during cocktail hour! Nothing like having kids sneezing all over the canapes to ruin your appetite.
    6. Expensive cover charge for Equinox bar on the top floor. $20 just to sit down!
    7.Drain in the bathroom smelled so musty we bought bleach ourselves & poured it down to destroy whatever bacteria was causing the smell.
    8. Wait times for elevators that were often over 5 minutes between 12-3 pm.
    9. Breakfast buffet restaurant was a nightmarish feeding frenzy.
    I could go on but you get the idea. THis hotel has brilliant view & not much else

Directions: Above CIty Hall MTR

• Ujamaflip's Profile Photo

High-Rise Comfort

I stayed at the Swissôtel The Stamford in 2004 during a business trip to Singapore. The hotel is located in the Raffles City development, a shopping and leasure complex in the block adjacent to the Raffles Hotel.

I remember seeing this hotel being built when I first visited Singapore in 1987, and marvelling at it's height. No wonder, it was then the tallest hotel in the world and is still the tallest hotel in south Asia, and third tallest in the world. The hotel houses over 1,200 rooms, making it the largest hotel in Singapore.

The hotel was renamed in 2002 after it was taken over by the Raffles International group, this caused a little confusion at first as my taxi driver didn't understand what hotel was "The Swissotel", however everybody should recognise "The Stamford".

I was lucky enough to receive a complimentary upgrade whilst checking in, and received a suite on the 67th floor. The view from the suite was amazing, looking down on the raffles complex and out to the ocean. The room was spacious and modern, equipped with a great bed and quality fittings.

Unfortunately during this visit to Singapore I was in transit from China back to Europe, and just before leaving China I had picked up some food poisoning. After having spent a week in China, and before that several months in Germany, Singapore was like coming home (for a Brit), where people were driving on the correct side of the road! Singapore is truly like a touch of Britain in Aisa, but the best thing is it combines all components of Asia, China, Malaysia, India, Indonesia... The selection and choice of food is outstanding, a shame I wasn't in shape to enjoy it on this visit.

Despite the upset stomach I thoroughly enjoyed the stay at The Stamford. The staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly, the environment was luxurious and impressive, and the room was comfortable and spacious. I will try to stay here again on my next visit to Singapore.

Unique Quality: Heighest Hotel in Southeast Asia.

Directions: Located in the Raffles City complex, behind the Raffles Hotel.

• signedbytheo's Profile Photo

family unfriendly

was visiting the restaurant on the top floor of this hotel... and they didn't allowed us to go in as me and my wife where together with our 14 month old baby... we loved to have a nice exclusive family dinner for our wedding anniversary and then they threat us like that... even when I told that we are staying in the hotel, it didn't help.... other bars and restaurants linked to his hotel have the same policy...
    If a hotel has a good quality restaurant, I love to discover it, you don't have to leave the hotel and taking cabs in a strange city. Now the hotel stills force you to take a cab and travel to somewhere else, just because you have a kid. Next time you can better stay in a better hotel, Singapore has better hotels then this one.
    This one is the most UNFRIENDLY for parents with kids!

Directions: downtown area

• Stepwalk's Profile Photo

Gym fees

My wife and I were booked into Swissotel Stamford for 8 nights on a business trip. After 4 nights were decided to move to the Meritus Mandarin. Swissotel was crowded, the staff were unfriendly, the service was slow, the prices were high, and they even had the audacity to ask for $23 Singapore per day to use the gym facilities! This was despite the fact that they advertise gym facilities at the hotel so you assume its included in the room price. Our last 4 nights at the Meritus Mandarin were completely different on all counts and we had an enjoyable stay.

Unique Quality: Good location with quick access to MRT.

Directions: Raffles shopping plaza area, City Hall MRT.

• SLLiew's Profile Photo

Downtown convention hotel

Stayed here a few times for convention.

I like the fact the MRT is just at the basement and the hotel adjoins the Raffles City shopping center. So it is very convenient to get a bite or shop around.

Up high in the room also the commanding view is excellent. Try the restaurant at the top. Got a special mug that resemled the tower.

• redhotwax's Profile Photo

Tallest hotel in Singapore

The place is really very much what you'd expect from a five star hotel. Check-in was swift, and the room was tidy. Beds were really comfy and air conditioning was sufficient.

Bathroom was somewhat of a letdown, as the bathtub had an attached shower, no separate shower booth.

We stayed on the 24th floor, and the view was quite nice. Obviously, if you've got the cash to splash, try to get a harbourview room up top.

Unique Quality: The best place in this hotel must be the Equinox centre right at the very top, at the 90th floor. The place boasts a nightclub, a number of bars and a restaurant. Great panoramic views over the city and harbour. Really quite an impressive sight.

The breakfast was luxurious! A large range of both Pan-Asian as well as Western dishes. I especially enjoyed the fresh fruit on offer.

The City Hall MRT station is right downstairs, so it's super easy to access and to see the city.

• qwert_babe's Profile Photo

Luxury at Best

Definitely not for anyone on a budget - but definitely recommended for anyone on business trip, looking for good spa facilities and anyone else who can afford to be luxurious on a vacation!

Compared to its sister Swisshotel the Stanford, it simply feels more luxurious with its inhouse Amrita Spa name, with its toiletries sprawled all over an absolutely fantastic bathroom...

Its location is great and centralized, minutes within the Orchard shopping road, Chinatown and Suntec City (which is just walking distance....)

Unique Quality: In house Amrita Spa.

Directions: City Hall MRT, Raffles City Shopping Centre

• truesally's Profile Photo

Great location, reasonable digs

I love the location of this hotel - right above Raffles City & the City Hall MRT, it connects to City Link Mall which then leads out to Marina Bay. It's also within walking distance of Raffles Hotel, CHIJMES, St. Andrew's, the Esplanade, Ft. Canning, National Museum, art museum. It is beautifully presented, pleasant & helpful staff, variety of restaurants/bars onsite and a nice spa for guests only.

However, if we had not been there for business & so paid for by my husband's company, it would have been far too expensive. The Internet connection was more than $20/day for only one computer (I went down for free WiFi in a City Link Mall everyday since only my husband's laptop was paid for in the room). Laundry prices were outrageous (this is the norm for most hotels, however - we went to Washy Washy in Cuppedge Plaza and it was far cheaper even with cab fare). Room service had an extensive menu and early/late hours, but again very pricey.

We had a few issues with housekeeping - countertops were never wiped down, dirty spoons, not refilling ice bucket, broken refrigerator. Only the spoons and refrigerator troubles were remedied, and both took quite awhile. Our friends staying in the hotel also had problems with unclean floors & counters and excessive construction noise.

I would not recommend this hotel in general because it was far too expensive for the services offered. Because the MRT system is so fantastic in Singapore, the location of Swissotel Stamford is not enough to overcome the price and lack of extraordinary amenities & service.

Unique Quality: Amrita Spa is located in the hotel for guests only, which makes getting to it a bit of a chore (using key card to access hallway, then walking across pool area to another secluded hall). But the prices are reasonable for Singapore (basically what we would pay at an upscale spa in Portland/Vancouver).

I had a manicure that was decidedly no frills - tiny room, pop music playing, no refreshment/water offered - but there was a comfortable chair, good selection of polish, and my attendant did a great job.

Directions: Above City Hall MRT

• UKDaisy's Profile Photo

Centrally located

A great place to stay. Rooms are spacious and clean.
    Centrally located with easy covered access to City Hall MRT.
    Close to tourist sites such as the Raffles Hotel, The Esplanade, Raffles Landing Site, Merlion Park and Clarke Quay.
    Situated next to the Raffles City Shopping Centre (which has a large food court on the 3rd floor and a large supermarket in the basement).

Directions: City Hall MRT - Exit A, through into the mall and it is on the righthand side.
    Main entrance on Bras Basah Road, opposite the Raffles Hotel.

• Fantastic View From This High Rise Hotel

My wife and I stayed in this hotel(Swissotel the Stamford) in Jan.2005 for a one night stop-over in Singapore. I think we got a good deal via Singapore Airlines' special rate for transit passengers. We arrived in Singapore at around 9:00 p.m., therefore we were able to check in to this hotel at around 11:00 p.m. The check in was quick, and the bellman who accompanied us to our room was very helpful and friendly. The room we got was spacious and clean, the electronic appliances are new, and the bathroom is very modern. We had a fantastic view of the city-state and if I correctly recall it, our room was above the 40th. floor. The following morning revealed an even more spectacular view of Singapore. We wanted to experience the culture of Singapore in the short time we were going to be there, so instead of eating breakfast in the hotel we decided to take a cab and have breakfast at an outside cafe on Orchard Road. Luckily, this hotel is not too far from Orchard Road and the cab fare was very reasonable. When we got back to the hotel we discovered that there is a good sized shopping mall right next to the hotel's lobby and is accessible via a short hallway, how cool is that? Before our flight back to San Francisco, we sat in the hotel's restaurant lobby to wait for our airport shuttle bus. We ordered two glasses of different flavored fancy iced tea and they were delish!!! The ice tea alone is worth going back to that hotel, OK I'm exagerating but you get the point. I only wished we had more time in Singapore.

Unique Quality: Friendly staff. Clean modern rooms. Latest appliances. Good location. Fantastic bathroom.

• Fantastic View From This High Rise Hotel

My wife and I stayed in this hotel in Jan.2005 for a one night stop-over in Singapore. I think we got a good deal via Singapore Airlines' special rate for transit passengers. We arrived in Singapore at around 9:00 p.m., therefore we were able to check in to this hotel at around 11:00 p.m. The check in was quick, and the bellman who accompanied us to our room was very helpful and friendly. The room we got was spacious and clean, the electronic appliances are new, and the bathroom is very modern. We had a fantastic view of the city-state and if I correctly recall it, our room was above the 40th. floor. The following morning revealed an even more spectacular view of Singapore. We wanted to experience the culture of Singapore in the short time we were going to be there, so instead of eating breakfast in the hotel we decided to take a cab and have breakfast at an outside cafe on Orchard Road. Luckily, this hotel is not too far from Orchard Road and the cab fare was very reasonable. When we got back to the hotel we discovered that there is a good sized shopping mall right next to the hotel's lobby and is accessible via a short hallway, how cool is that? Before our flight back to San Francisco, we sat in the hotel's restaurant lobby to wait for our airport shuttle bus. We ordered two glasses of different flavored fancy iced tea and they were delish!!! The ice tea alone is worth going back to that hotel, OK I'm exagerating but you get the point. I only wished we had more time in Singapore.

• ITjetsetter's Profile Photo

Former Raffles the Plaza now Fairmont Hotel

simply perfect - clean good view service fast 24/h
    strongly reccomended.

Unique Quality: it has everything- it also has the biggest SPA of south east Asia :Amrita SPA resort.
    obviously pool great view . shops

More about Swissotel The Stamford

view from the top, swissotel stamford (ex-westin)view from the top, swissotel stamford (ex-westin)

Swissotel Stamford Opinios

by kelfran

Hi Everyone - Thinking of spending a 10 day holiday at the Swissotel Stamford next year. Anyone stayed there recently - and what is your opinion. Is this a good choice or could I do better. Thanks

by p_yenyen

Depending how much budget do you have. If you are not on budget trip,.. try Fullerton hotel. Thats a very nice hotel.

by Ujamaflip

Hi,

I stayed in this hotel a couple of months ago. I was visiting Singapore on business, and the hotel was booked and paid for by my company.

Upon arriving at the hotel I was given a free upgrade to a deluxe room on the 58th floor, the room was very large, comfortable, and well equipped, and the view was fantastic.

The staff where friendly and corteous, and the service excellent. The breakfast buffet was well stocked and enjoyable.

The location was not the best, it is positioned a little out of the main shopping district, next to the Raffles hotel. but there is a shopping centre inside the Stamford building, and the surrounding buildings. Its about a 25 minute walk to Orchard Road, or a quick cab ride.

All in all I was very pleased with the hotel. You could do better, you could stay at the Raffles, but the price is a bit different!

Hope you enjoy your visit,

Charlie

by germasia

Hi there,

I have been to Singapore 5 times till now. I visited a lot of hotels during my last stays to find the right one. Well, 10 days in Singapore are quite a lot, but like you, I did the same this year in September. For me, not only the rooms or location are important, also the pool area is a main point for my relaxation. And this is a disappointing fact of the Swissotel Stamford. The pool is small and you have to share it with the guests of the Plaza Hotel as well. Location is ok, cause the metro station is in front of the hotel. Boat Quay, Suntec City, the Financial district are near to the hotel, you can reach this parts by feed within 15 min.

I can recommend you these hotels:

The Ritz-Carlton Millenia: great rooms and breakfast, wonderful pool in a green garden,
The Mandarin Oriental: more reasonable than Ritz-Carlton, huge pool too.

One tip at least: contact the hotels directly, maybe you will get a special rate or an upgrade cause of the 10 days.

Greetings from Germany!

by jarul

Singapore hotels can range in price from $30/- or thereabouts to $900/- or thereabouts!

However if you want to make like the locals and an experience that is uniquely Singapore, I can offer you homestay at my home.

Jarul

by kiwihtage

swissotel is excellent value if you're looking for business/leisure with full facilities - prob can get for S$175++. for more upmarket ritz carlton, maybe S$250/night but huge rooms. for great boutiques, try 1929 www.hotel1929.com, or sleepy sams www.sleepysams.com

• Apr 25, 2014 at 5:52 PM

My husband had to work in Singapore and took me along on this trip of a lifetime. We were to be there 2 weeks, which turned into 2.5 months! Few tourists get to stay for that long! As for the hotel itself, my only complaint was the cost of having laundry done. The company paid for my husband's but the cost was prohibitive for my laundry so I washed and hung up each day!!

Other than that, we enjoyed our stay, the food, the pool area and those delightful people who took care of us at the pool - one beautiful woman named Maria.

While my husband worked regular hours, I roamed the entire city - and enjoyed the original hawker stalls across the street from the hotel, which are no longer there, sad to say.

We met people from Australia and we have kept in touch all these years since 1995.

Our river/oceanview from the 38th floor was outstanding!!

A fav restaurant for me was the Asian Cafe in the hotel compound - especially the soup wanton mee.

There was a club/restaurant on one of the quays that had fabulous Italian bolognese sauce so we ate there a lot - and enjoyed the musicians!! We were treated like family, that's for sure.

If I had the money I would take all my friends to Singapore for at least 2 weeks. I saw everything, except the prison. We're got enough of those here in the USofA.

Thank you, Singapore, for 2.5 months of memories, lah.