2 Stamford Road, Singapore, 178882, Singapore

Agoda.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• nezz's Profile Photo

A drink while the kids swim

ANOTHER VIEW OF THE POOL AREA THIS TIME THE BAR AREA

Unique Quality: BESIDES THE POOL THE HOTEL ALSO HAS TENNIS COURTS , A GYM & A DAY SPA

• nezz's Profile Photo

TOP VIEW OF SINGAPORE

This is definitely one of the great hotels in Singapore. We have stayed here twice & each time were very impressed with all levels of service & accommodation. The pool area shared by the sister hotel is spacious and lucky for us never crowded. I would recommend this hotel to anyone especially the first time visitor to Singapore as it so close to everything you need.

Unique Quality: This hotel is the tallest hotel in southeast asia and because of that you get spectacular views from your balcony. the position of the hotel in the Raffles City Shopping complex also means you don't have to go to far to find what you want. Their is even a supermarket in the shopping complex below the hotel. The Mrt is just out the front door. It is also very easy to catch a bus or grab a taxi from the roads outside. The buffet breakfast included with our room was a great start to our day.

Directions: Position in the Raffles City shopping complex get off the mrt at Raffles city.

• snuggie's Profile Photo

The Stamford

Unique Quality: - Concierge (multilingual)
    - Wedding services by Raffles Romance
    - Outdoor catering services by Raffles Affairs
    - Executive Club facilities
    - 24-hour medical service
    - Hairdresser

Directions: Located in the heart of Singapore and easily reached by MRT (City Hall)

• litekimchi's Profile Photo

The Stamford was OK

Overall, I found my stay at the Stamford OK. The staff were professional--I especially liked the bellboy who assisted me during check out. He was very friendly and very helpful. Too bad I never got his name.

The rooms were spacious for somebody staying alone. It provided for different kinds of tea, but only enough for two cups of coffee. It had your usual business hotel amenities--internet access (which was expensive), iron and ironing boards, heating kettle, an alarm clock that doubled as a control station for the lights, A/C, TV and Radio (the tv plays the radio) and a complimentary shoe shine service.

I wasn't impressed with the bathroom--something I am critical of, especially when staying in luxury/business hotels. It didn't feel clean enough, and there were stains on the tub. I did appreciate the fact that they provided me with many towels (but which I didn't use much--I normally bring my own. I am wary of hotel towels!) They looked and smelled clean, though.

I was just disappointed that I was assigned a 12th floor room.

The breakfast was OK, I've had worse. Besides, I normally prefer a continental, anyway, when out on trips abroad--but I venture to taste local delights and specialties whenever I have the appetite for it. It could improve on variety, though. They, for example, only offer 3 kinds of juices--orange, pink guava and grapefruit. While their baked goodies were aplenty, some didn't taste appetizing at all. I also hope that they could find a more efficient and effective way of keeping the food warmer.

I was travelling with my boss, who didn't like the place at all. He does tend to be very critical about his hotels. He didn't like the smell of the carpet (it wasn't that bad, but it did smell a bit old), he didn't like the breakfast at all--the tables at the Stamford Cafe were covered with white paper! Kopitiam provided a relatively better breakfast, but it opened later. The Cafe opened at 6:30am, Kopitiam opens an hour later.

Unique Quality: I think the hotel's best quality is its location. It was raining during my stay in Singapore (2nd week of January), but I was still able to move around and get to the Suntec City and the Esplanade. The hotel is connected to the City Hall MRT, Raffles City Shopping Center, Raffles the Plaza, and the CityLink Shopping Mall, which linked the above stated to the Marina, the Esplanade and Suntec City (where the Fountain of Wealth is located).

And because it was near malls, changing money was not much of a problem. For those staying here, there's a DBS Bank at the Raffles City Shopping Complex, which is just across Chjimes. Banking hours: 8:30am-4:30pm. There's a mall concierge if you need help on anything.

The next time I'm in town, I'd probably look for another hotel--I've seen better reviews of others.

Directions: They changed the entrance and exit points of the hotel, to accomodate the one-way traffic in the surrounding roads. Some cabs know it, but some don't.

• DarleneCMF's Profile Photo

SWISSOTEL - VERY CONVENIENT LOCATION

Ok overall. Breakfast is not as good as the other hotels I've stayed in before. The staff, at least those in the restaurant, aren't very generous with smiles... There's no complimentary bottled water... But the rooms are ok, the view is spectacular.

Unique Quality: The Swissotel in Stamford is located very close to the MRT station. You only need to go underground and have a means of going to virtually everywhere in Singapore. There's a mall beside the hotel, grocery and food court downstairs. The Esplanade and Suntec City are also within walking distance via underground walkways.

The view from the higher floors is also very nice. :)

Directions: Very accessible from Singapore's Changi Airport. Take the SRT, or taxi, or shuttle from the airport. I did the last one. It's only SGD7 per person, ride-sharing with 6 other passengers, flat rate from the airport to most major hotels in the city.

• Pete.Gibson's Profile Photo

Singapore Sling

Never stayed here but you must have a singapore sling first find the long bar then sit down and enjoy.............Ingredients are Gin,cointreau,Cherry Brandy,Dom Benedictine,Pinneapple Juice, grenadine, and a touch of Angoustira Bitters

• relax47's Profile Photo

Harbour views great - 70 storeys high

stayed at another hotel close to orchard rd last time, glad I was recommended this one. The rooms are quite comfortable. This hotel is a 5 star. The MRT is right below and Raffles is opposite. Recommend

Unique Quality: Pool facitities are great. The views are the best from your room ( harbour view ).

Directions: business district and close to harbour and singapore river

• euli's Profile Photo

Get A Great View of Singapore From Here

Although native to Singapore, my family like to take a break from home and "hole-up" in a local hotel, where we are pampered with housekeeping and great food once a year.

The Swissotel being smack in the city centre, near the Esplanade (great for musicals, music performances, etc), near Marina Bay (great for evening walks by the Singapore River), next to shopping, great eateries, etc., is usually our choice for this annual event.

Unique Quality: Being Singapore's tallest hotel, and perhaps one of the tallest in Asia and one can get very beautiful views of the city from the hotel room or even the Equinox restaurant at the top of the hotel.

Part of the Raffles Group of hotels and service is good. There is also a great spa - the Amrita - it is a little pricey, but worth it.

Directions: City Hall MRT Station Stop
    15 Minutes from Airport by taxi

• IggyBah's Profile Photo

Views to die for

Great Hotel, fantastic location being right above the City Hall MRT station. Also handy is walking from the hotel lobby into Raffles Plaza shopping complex. Here you will find Robinson Dept store, numerous shops a food court/hawker centre and Supermarket. Across the road is the rustic Raffles Hotel, the Esplanade Theatres, and just a short walk to Suntec City. Behind the hotel and Raffles Plaza is Chijmes - great bars and restaurants, abeit a bit pricey, but also one of the best money changers rate wise that is. Hotel is also handy to numerous bus stops.

Unique Quality: Harbour view room is the go. Great airconditioning, that doesn't keep you awake all night. Breakfast every morning on the second floor was awesome (part of our package).

• imstress's Profile Photo

Swissotel the Stamford 5*

The Swissotel the Stamford is very centrally located with the City Hall MRT Station at the door step.

The Raffles City Shopping Mall is just downstairs too.

You could have a great view of the city.
    Ask for the sea view or the esplanade view if you stay high enough.

Else head to Equinox ($20 cover charge) for a drink and enjoy the breathtaking view.

Thanks to Dave & Wendy for allowing me to take a pic of their room. The view from their room at Level 39 was excellent. I had a great time chatting with them.

• Hewer's Profile Photo

The View!

I stayed at The Stamford for one night in January, 2005. The hotel is well positioned, has all the facilities one would expect and generally has a fairly glitzy feel, from the airy reception area down to the valets out front clad in pith helmuts.

Nice hotel - no disputes there - but also the site of one of the most ridiculous hotel errors I have ever encountered. I was checked into an occupied room and spent two hours snacking on the mini-bar and snoozing (a la goldilocks and the three bears) in the bed. I left to tell reception about 15 seconds before the occupants returned. Whew! They made amends with a lovely bottle of Penfolds!

Unique Quality: The view has to be the best thing about this hotel. The famous lounge is in the upper floors and all of the deluxe rooms have an open balcony as in the picture here. If you are frightened of heights, this might not be to your liking.

There was a great view of the Marina district and the city skyline. You can see Boat Quay, Clarke Quay and the Merlion all quite clearly. Magic view!

Directions: It's right alongside City Hall MRT station.

• bobkw2000's Profile Photo

Outstanding service, great accomodations.

I stayed here over a month in 2004, paying a little extra for the Executive Package, (which gets you a very nice free breakfast in the Executive Club, drinks/food in the evening and access to an outstanding fitness spa, just ask at check-in). I stayed on the 59th floor and enjoyed spending time on the balcony with a great view of the city and the ocean. Every little concern was handled so quickly it amazed me, usually within minutes.

Unique Quality: Beautiful pool and spa, with a great fitness center. Easy access to CityLink mall and Suntec City mall. There is too much to say here about those, so I'll add additional reviews later.

Directions: Everyone knows where it is, just ask! It is easy to spot, as it is such a tll building, (70 stories for the tall tower), so when waking around town, it is usually easy to spot!

• dcrubio's Profile Photo

The Tallest Hotel

Swissotel the Stamford (previously Westin Stamford) is an excellent hotel!! We stayed here for a month two years in a row! The service is great, and the wiew breathtaking (that is, from the 59th floor)! Another plus, which matters a lot, is that it is directly connected to the Raffles City Shopping Center, a higher-end mall, which has pretty much everything from a food court to a supermarket! It also is walking distance to the gigantic Suntec City mall. Above all, the hotel has the City Hall MRT right below it, which is a great convenience for going out and about.

Directions: Also near the Esplanade, for those of you who like the Arts.

• another_prufrock's Profile Photo

Stay high up!

The Westin Stamford - could afford it only because of the package from Singapore Airlines. Even so, had to pay $56 extra for each night, but it was worth it. We got an upgrade to a room on a privae floor, service was good and there's a great food court right next door in Raffles City.

The only problem was that we were kept waiting at check-in, perhaps because they were overloaded by the SAL offer. The service was generally good other than the girls at the front desk.

Unique Quality: The view! It was the first time in my life that I had been as high as the 63rd floor, let alone spend a night up there, and I could have spent half a day just taking in the view!

Very nice pool and a decent gym, too, so if I ever go to Singapore on business (and my company picks up the tab!) I'll stay there again.

Directions: Not too far from Clarke Quay - never had to know the address because the cabbies knew.

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

Five Star Luxury

The SwissĂ´tel The Stamford is one of the tallest hotels in Southeast Asia. It is really an example of the modern side of Singapore. The room was high enough to have a great view of the city and everything was sparkling clean. The room was a bit smaller than I'm used to but other than that it had everything needed.

I didn't stay here myself, my friend did and I came to visit her for the day. She would be flying back to Jakarta the next morning so took a room here the day before.

Unique Quality: Located conveniently, in the business district, but the sounds of the city were muted. During the day of her stay we went to her room to park her luggage, then walked around the public areas to check things out. A few of her family members joined us and we all visited around the pool while the kids went swimming.

The pool area was quite relaxing and if I hadn't been taking medicine or if my friends weren't Muslim, I could have had a few cocktails from the bar.

More about Swissotel The Stamford

view from the top, swissotel stamford (ex-westin)view from the top, swissotel stamford (ex-westin)

Swissotel Stamford Opinios

by kelfran

Hi Everyone - Thinking of spending a 10 day holiday at the Swissotel Stamford next year. Anyone stayed there recently - and what is your opinion. Is this a good choice or could I do better. Thanks

by p_yenyen

Depending how much budget do you have. If you are not on budget trip,.. try Fullerton hotel. Thats a very nice hotel.

by Ujamaflip

Hi,

I stayed in this hotel a couple of months ago. I was visiting Singapore on business, and the hotel was booked and paid for by my company.

Upon arriving at the hotel I was given a free upgrade to a deluxe room on the 58th floor, the room was very large, comfortable, and well equipped, and the view was fantastic.

The staff where friendly and corteous, and the service excellent. The breakfast buffet was well stocked and enjoyable.

The location was not the best, it is positioned a little out of the main shopping district, next to the Raffles hotel. but there is a shopping centre inside the Stamford building, and the surrounding buildings. Its about a 25 minute walk to Orchard Road, or a quick cab ride.

All in all I was very pleased with the hotel. You could do better, you could stay at the Raffles, but the price is a bit different!

Hope you enjoy your visit,

Charlie

by germasia

Hi there,

I have been to Singapore 5 times till now. I visited a lot of hotels during my last stays to find the right one. Well, 10 days in Singapore are quite a lot, but like you, I did the same this year in September. For me, not only the rooms or location are important, also the pool area is a main point for my relaxation. And this is a disappointing fact of the Swissotel Stamford. The pool is small and you have to share it with the guests of the Plaza Hotel as well. Location is ok, cause the metro station is in front of the hotel. Boat Quay, Suntec City, the Financial district are near to the hotel, you can reach this parts by feed within 15 min.

I can recommend you these hotels:

The Ritz-Carlton Millenia: great rooms and breakfast, wonderful pool in a green garden,
The Mandarin Oriental: more reasonable than Ritz-Carlton, huge pool too.

One tip at least: contact the hotels directly, maybe you will get a special rate or an upgrade cause of the 10 days.

Greetings from Germany!

by jarul

Singapore hotels can range in price from $30/- or thereabouts to $900/- or thereabouts!

However if you want to make like the locals and an experience that is uniquely Singapore, I can offer you homestay at my home.

Jarul

by kiwihtage

swissotel is excellent value if you're looking for business/leisure with full facilities - prob can get for S$175++. for more upmarket ritz carlton, maybe S$250/night but huge rooms. for great boutiques, try 1929 www.hotel1929.com, or sleepy sams www.sleepysams.com

Comments