The Elizabeth Singapore

Hotels.com Agoda.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• alcyone's Profile Photo

Average but friendly

We stayed here for the first time for 2 nights because it's near Orchard Road, and when we were about to book our 2 nights at another hotel nearby, it was fully booked, so we decided to try this hotel.

I was already very happy by the friendly staff, from the bell boy, concierge and the receptionist,though there was this lady receptionist who just won't smile *the only person who won't smile*
    When we arrived, i was told that they have a complimentary shuttle bus to the new Universal Studio Singapore. Which is good. , and the staff are gladly to help you arrange for it. The bus came on time.

The lobby of the hotel has a distinct perfume, which is too strong for me, but thankfully there was none in the room.

We had a S$202 (exclusive tax and breakfast) for a deluxe room. Which we booked online, and i was told there was a King size bed, but when we arrived, there was none. And the deluxe room is so small, i can't imagine how small is the superior room.
    The design is so elizabethan, it lives up to the name, but i sure think it needs to re-design the rooms, and the poor lighting in the rooms.

Bathroom floor was stone cold, there was no complimentary slippers, but you can ask for it from the housekeeping staff which are friendly and fast.

Towels are worn out-looking with threads loose and thin. It needs a serious change for a new ones.
    Room wasn't really that clean, the bed-head has dusts on it.

But when the staff are that friendly, you can easily forget about the unpleasant towels and dust above your bed (i think....)

I would not recommend this hotel for those with bad leg or can't stand long walks uphill, although it's near Orchard Road, it'll take up tp 15 minutes to reach this hotel.

• erikute3534's Profile Photo

good location!

looks a bit oldish, but was comfortable enough. Got good deal trough booking.com with free breakfast and internet...

Only neighbour of ours was a bit noisy dealing on phone from 6am till evening... he just couldnt shut his mouth or be little bit quieter in his room that we could have little bit more of sleep.

so when you stay ask for not interconecting room attached as you will hear all of your neighbours!

Unique Quality: free internet and location! Also had a pool and nice bar

Directions: very central and just min away from Orchard road, very quiet location since is not on a main road

• Stentorian's Profile Photo

One of the aristocratic hotels

Nice Hotel, in one word. Big rooms, cosy bathrooms, in room bar, cable tv, Electronic safe, all the facilities are availble. I stayed there for 12 days. Good stuff, very nice bar. Located in the aristocratic Elizabeth street.Walk for 2 mins to Mount Elezabeth Hospital. Nearby metro station and big shopping malls. Very good Swimming pool with a pool side bar. I paid US$158 per night. It was a good experience.

• elizabeth hotel singapore

i highly recommend this hotel, not the cheapest but certainly not the most expensive.
    Very friendly and attentive staff, airconditioned rooms , internet service available, a fantastic breakfast buffet if desired,a tiny pool but service on the terrace, coffee facilities in room, seperate bathroom ,luxurious but not extreem, and a short easy walk to orchard street, about ten minutes down hill. ideal for shopaholics. I have stayed here several times and will always go back.

Unique Quality: internet available in room, gym, sauna ,pool ,laundry ,great staff.

Directions: orchard road

More about The Elizabeth Singapore

Close to Orchard Road Shopping

by Donna_in_India about The Elizabeth Singapore

This was a very nice hotel with its best feature being its close proximity to Orchard Road malls and shops. Had a problem with our booked room type being unavailable at check-in. Was moved the next day. Did not use any of the facilities or services other then room service which was good.

so average

by TripAdvisor Member happiestcamper

We stayed at this hotel for a week when my son needed emergency medical care in singapore. We needed two connecting rooms. Both smelled so strongly of cigarettes that it was difficult to stay there. To mask the smell, strong room deoderant was sprayed every time the room was cleaned. It is hard to say which was worse.

My room service experience was dismal both times. The first evening, half the food arrived and not as I had requested it. The second evening it didn't come at all. When I called down to check on it, they obviously rushed the order because it wasn't fully cooked, and again, not entirely as I had ordered it. I gave up after that.

The rooms, in short, are dismal and tired and need serious refurbishment.

On the upside, it is one of the cheaper hotels in Singapore and is close to Orchard road and other main attractions. The employees at the front desk were friendly and the bell hops were very helpful.

Other than that, not at all exciting.

Could do better...

by TripAdvisor Member the-masked-avenger

Stayed here half-board only in February 2005. This was my first time in Singapore and will most likely be my last, no doubt not helped by below average hotel. It is fairly modern and reasonably clean but my room stunk of cigarettes and was cold during the night – I could not turn the air-con down!
Breakfast was OK but I never had dinner or lunch and vegetarian options are limited. The restaurant staff were quite friendly but the front desk staff where downright rude!
The other comments here echo my sentiments.

Sour Singapore

by TripAdvisor Member Terme

The Elizabeth Hotel failed to provide the room we had booked. I must state that my wife and myself were happy with the transfers to and from the airport as well as the breakfast provided by the Hotel, however the rooms that we had booked and paid for (to the travel agent) at the end of May 2006 did not align with the room we were given.

When we arrived at the hotel we were directed to our room however when we entered the room we discovered that the room had not been serviced after the previous guests had left - there were towels strewn around the room and the bed sheets had not been replaced. We immediately went to the foyer and informed staff of the condition of the room. I also mentioned that we required a non smoking room and were informed that one was not available. After checking their available rooms, my wife and I were offered a non smoking room with three single beds with the promise that a room with a queen size bed would be available the following day. I reluctantly agreed to this as we had just flown from Paris via Heathrow and was extremely tired.
The following day after sightseeing and shopping we returned to the Hotel (around 6.00pm) expecting to have been transferred to a non smoking room with a queen size bed as promised. However, we were only offered a non smoking room with two single beds and were required to wait for over an hour for this room to be serviced (with the compensation of a soft drink). We found during the night that the adjacent room (there was a locked door between our room and the adjacent room) was occupied by smokers and the strong smell of cigarette smoke was coming under the door into the room thus compounding our problems.
Our treatment by the Hotel in Singapore has left us with feelings of discontent and we would not consider staying at the Elizabeth Hotel in the future.

Elizabeth Hotel, SingaporeElizabeth Hotel, Singapore

airport tansportation to hotel

by tabando

we will be in singapore for two days, Nov.1 to the 3rd,

best way to go to St. Elizabeth far east hotel from Changi airport?
how far is Jurong park from the Elizabeth hotel?
how much time needed to see the best of Jurong park?
do we have time to go to Sentosa Island after visit to Jurong park?
how late is the transportation from sentosa island back to the elizabeth hotel?

Thanks for any help from anyone...

by stevemt

According to the website, the hotel is only a brisk walk away from a MRT station, so you could certainly look at that option.

The hotel website also offers this

Airport Transfer :
Limo Taxi:
S$55+++ (Airport to Hotel)
S$45+++ (Hotel to Airport)
Standard Taxi: Approx. S$20-S$25
Estimated travelling time: 30mins
S$10 surcharge applies between 11pm and 7am

by chrisbilal

To me the best way is always by taxi. It depends when you get in, but I the costs should be around 30 SD if I rememeber correctly.

If you don't mind time and just want to save money, take the MRT - Elizabeth Hotel is near Orchard station.

Nothing is really more than an hour by taxi in Singapore. To see everything in Sentosa takes a full day - best to research what you want to do beforehand.

by carteki

Jurong Bird park is quite a distance from the hotel - you would either need a taxi or there is a dedicated bus or you can take the MRT. Prob take close to an hour on MRT & bus - shorter by taxi / dedicated bus.
You will probably need to spend at least 4 hours at the bird park. There are a couple of shows which are well worth seeing too.

Sentosa is open until late evening, so you will have time to visit there afterwards. Some of the museums may close earlier - but just check to see what you want to do and organise accordingly. I can recommend the Songs Of the Sea light show - 7:30pm(?).

Enjoy