The Sentosa Resort And Spa

Satisfaction Average

Rated 16% lower than similarly priced 5 star hotels

• My Second Trip For Abroad

Hi friends,

I want to share my vacation in Singapore. This was my second international tour with my best friend Nikhil. I want to share with you some of the tourist places which are popular in Singapore .The Sentosa Island is the most popular tourist place in the Singapore. In Sentosa you enjoy the water sports, sky tower, butterfly park, underwater world etc. In Sentosa Island we stayed in five star hotel The Sentosa Resort & Spa which was provided by the Antilog Vacations. We confirmed our package from the “ www.antilogvacations.com ”. The hotel was good and the sightseeing was amazing. Night Safari is another attraction of Singapore which is also the favorite place for families and children. Night Safari has thousands of Nocturnal Animals which are best seen during night. Night safari is truly an amazing and out of the world experience. The Singapore Zoo is located just adjacent to Night Safari is a must visit.We enjoyed our tour to Singapore and we thanks Antilog for making it never forget able experience.

Thanks

• wwroam's Profile Photo

A Quiet Retreat

I stayed here for 4 nights during the 2008 Formula 1 Grand Prix. A lthough it was the most expensive hotel I have ever stayed in ( app. $A1900.00 for 4 nights). It was a bargain compared to the rates on offer for the same period for other 5* hotels in Singapore.
    "Resort" may be an exaggeration. It had a pool ( and not a particularly attractive one) and not much else, though it does have good spa facilities, if very expensive. The grounds are beautifully landscaped and the restaurants are of a very high standard. The rooms are spacious and well appointed but the hallways are not of the same standard.The staff are efficient and courteous as expected from a hotel of this quality.
    The hotel runs a shuttle bus twice hourly to Vivo City, a five minute walk to HarbourTown MRT Station. From the hotel to my seat at the GP...45mins.
    This hotel suited my purposes well, a place to sleep and lounge around in the morning before heading off to the track. Anyone staying here expecting the full resort experience would be very disappointed.

Unique Quality: The hotel is opposite the Sentosa golf course and there is a substantial conference centre detached from the hotel. Use of these facilities would be the most significant attraction to the hotel.

Directions: Opposite the Golf Club

• Openseas's Profile Photo

A getaway from the city.

The Sentosa Resort - Singapore

The Sentosa Resort is a great stopover hotel if you’re doing the long haul flight from Europe or England to Australia. It’s just the place to unwind and soak up the humidity by the poolside; it’s also a fabulous place if you have young children as there are heaps of activities for them.

The only negative thing I can say about this resort is that it’s not a 5 Star but more like a 4. The rooms although spacious, are in need of a serious refurbishment and renovation. There are stains on the carpet and the furniture is damaged and marked. The bathroom is very ordinary with chipped tiles and mould. The rates are totally overpriced for what you get.

The pool area is a standard size but again needs major work to bring it up to a five star. The service and bar area at the poolside was high-quality with appealing small nibbles.

We had a special deal with our room which consisted of two buffet free dinners, breakfast and unlimited laundry service which we put to excellent use. The buffet dinner was ordinary with heaps of kids in the restaurant. The next night we opted to eat at "The Terrace" restaurant which had a good quality food and wine menu, minus the screaming kids.

The top feature about the resort is eating at "Starkey’s" for Sunday lunch. They have a terrific bunch with an excellent buffet overlooking the ocean. Make sure you book to avoid disappointment.

Unique Quality: PROS: impressive family resort. Kids would love it as plenty of activities and fun things for them to do.
    A pleasant way to relax before a long haul flight. Sea breezes make it all worth while. Good size balcony with lovely views. Lunch wonderful sitting by the seaside

CONS: Major renovations and refurbishment needed in rooms. Very expensive and overrated.

Recommendation: Yes. For the sea breeze.

• Restless-in-kl's Profile Photo

Sentosa's swankiest hotel

Normally I would not stay in Sentosa Island as I find it too man-made for me. However, my best friend was getting married at The Sentosa Resort and Spa, so it made sense to stay at the same place too especially when we were planning to stay up late and party :-)

One of the main features of this hotel is its manicured tropical gardens and its garden spa. Other than that, I don't really find the hotel very well-maintained although it is part of the Small Luxury Hotel chain.

We took the deluxe room which faces the garden. Room is quite small for the price we paid (S$250+++) and the fittings/furnishings need to be upgraded soon.

I like the Spa Botanica though that's very pricey too.

Unique Quality: Gardens
    Spa Botanica

• donnabellauk's Profile Photo

Sentosa Spa

I stayed there for 4 nights in August 06, the hotel is in a secluded and quiet part of the island, but be warned, it is popular for business incentive groups and celebration parties.
    I chose the hotel as I wanted to relax and be pampered, but once had to leave the pool and pay to go to the spa area for the day, due to a very rowdy party being held on the restaurant veranda.
    I got a cheap deal on asiarooms.com and a very good room rate, so wasn't too bothered, but if I had paid full price I would have been miffed!
    I was allocated a small but elegant room, very comfortable, but obviously the room allocation was due to the discount booking I had made, again, would have been disappointed to get that room if I had paid full price. Again, you get what you pay for, it was acceptable for the price.

I was a bit disappointed in the spa, it was somewhat under staffed, I found it difficult to get an appointment for the treatments I wanted, so had to compromise, it is very expensive also,as spas go!
    The relaxation areas were not staffed and sometimes the mud pools did not work or were not serviced and were messy.
    The treatments I did have however were superb, but then they should be for the cost!
    The treatment rooms were beautiful and very cosy and relaxing.

Unique Quality: The buffet menu was excellent, alot of choice and was clean and well serviced.
    I enjoyed the breakfasts, but it was not included on my last day and is expensive as an extra.

The pool area is pleasant but I would say not suitable for young children, the pool tiles were very sharp edged and slippery and you could easily cut yourself on the tiles, some were broken and cracked. However, it was clean enough.

The bar areas were lovely, both the open air piano bar, and the bar at the end of the pool, very relaxing, romantic and atmospheric.

The Island itself was a bit sterile, full of student fresher groups on incentive courses which was abit irritating.
    I checked the other hotels on the island and the Sentosa was definately the best one for my purposes as a single traveller wanting to relax though.

• rhaps0dies's Profile Photo

A Tranquil Luxurious Hideaway in Sentosa

The Sentosa Resort And Spa is a premier hotel tucked away on Sentosa and away from the hustle and bustle of the city. After a day of sightseeing and shopping, this is the place you'll want to be. It's considered a 5-star resort, so do expect the standard 5-star rates. Nevertheless if you don't mind spending the dough on your accommodation, this hotel is well worth the holiday investment. You'll be surrounded by lush greenery and a beautiful view of the ocean - Not many hotels offer that in Singapore. And as its name goes, it also offers a world-class spa - Spa Botanica. Imagine being pampered, with a massage and soaking in their float pools. You can op for their various packages, including the ones for golfing (at the Sentosa Golf and Country Club) and spa.

I'll highly recommend this place for the discerning tourists who's willing to spend on accommodation. Personally, my take is (if you can) try this hotel for 2 nights - it feels like you're in Bali and not in Singapore city - and then another 2 nights in a city hotel. You'll feel like you're in a totally different place. Plus, other travelling essentials on transportation and food are relatively cheap/affordable in Singapore, so it might just work out for you.

Directions: The Sentosa Resort and Spa is located on Sentosa Island and it would be more convenient to take a taxi. From the airport, it's about SIN$15 and from the city, SIN$10.

• xuessium's Profile Photo

Great luxurious getaway on Sentosa

I stayed here in 2002 when it was still known as the Beaufort Sentosa. Soon after my stay, it changed hands and renamed itself "The Sentosa Resort and Spa" and went even more upmarket.

Very beautiful place - the rooms are luxurious and spacious, and everything looks so spick and span that you are afraid that you might break something. Done tastefully and yet comfortably cosy, the rooms are a destination by itself.

The view is breathtaking from certain parts of the resort grounds - capturing the southern isles from one spot and the busy Keppel Harbour from another. Tanjong Beach is just behind the Resort.

The pool is always welcome on a hot day though the dark green tiles gave the pool a heavy look.

Unique Quality: Simply exquisite. Stuck out by a nose.

Directions: Near Tanjong Beach.

• rinxie's Profile Photo

Singapore's Little Heaven

This hotel is located in Sentosa, which is an island at the southern tip of Singapore.
    Our room overlooks the golf course and it is indeed a sight of greeneries.
    The bathroom is HUGE and next to the bath tub, there's this wooden blind which can be pushed open to view the greeneries while you are soaking in the tub amidst your own privacy.

Unique Quality: The pool is huge and overlooks the sea.

More about The Sentosa Resort And Spa

The only S'pore Hotel for Skinny Dippin'

by bpacker about The Sentosa Resort & Spa

Unlike Scandinavia, few Singaporeans bathe and swim in the buff in public. What, with the strict laws and all, would a local bare his butt and risk paying thousands of dollars? No, he'll rather pay the said amount of money,stay in the luxurious Garden Villa in the Sentosa Resort and Spa and skinny - dip in the private pool. Yup, you read me correctly, this hotel room is the only one in Singapore to offer a private lap pool together with your room. To be more accurate, you're actually offered a luxurious chalet called a "garden villa" with all sorts of decadent spoils inside.
Now, you're wondering whether I had skinny-dipping session in the pool right? Nope, it was just too bloody cold. My friends just looked at the pool with dismay and went to the main pool instead. At least, that was heated....
Read on to see pictures of the villla interior.

Loved the Sentosa Resort And Sps

by TripAdvisor Member DebleeSydney

A beautiful Hotel with comfortable beds and pillows and a great Spa!
...we arrived early morning expecting to have to wait for our room but a room was organised straight away....it was clean and nicely decorated with a beautiful bathroom.
The pool and outside area was beautiful and the poolside menu and food was delicious.
We booked a Spa Package for Two which was in an outside pavillion and it was supurb!
The Cliff restaurant was wonderful and the staff were all friendly and couldn't do enough for you...highly recommmended!

Private Pool, Garden Villa, Sentosa Resort/SpaPrivate Pool, Garden Villa, Sentosa Resort/Spa

Spanking big bathroom at the Sentosa ResortSpanking big bathroom at the Sentosa Resort

Decadent Spoils, Garden Villa, Sentosa ResortDecadent Spoils, Garden Villa, Sentosa Resort

Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort pool area 1Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort pool area 1

Stopping Over in Singapore. Airport Hotel Needed.

Hello,
I'm planning a trip to Bali this October and will be stopping over in Singapore on the way and back on SQ. Going into Singapore, I'll arrive at 1 a.m. and take the 9:30 flight out that morning, so I don't have much time. I'm thinking about staying at a hotel near or in the airport(if there's one). Can anyone recommend me a nice, clean hotel? It doesn't have to be topnotch as I'll be sleeping for a few hours. But it should be clean.
And when I'm going to Singapore from Bali, I'll be arriving at about 3:30 in the afternoon on Friday and taking the 9:55 flight out to Seoul on Sunday. I was thinking about going to Sentosa as I missed it last time I was in Singapore. Does it sound like a good plan? I'll be having 1.5 days in Sentosa, which I think should be enough? And I did some research and it seems the Sentosa Resort & Spa is better than the Shangri-La. Any comments would be appreciated.
Thank you.

by lukejp

The Ambassador Transit Hotel is within the Changi Airport. It is good and quite reasonable, letting rooms by the hour. Have fun!

by JuneTL

here is the link for the airport hotel
the rate for a block of 6 hours is S$57.75.
check the post from koor...about 6 posts down about spending 9 hours at the airport. another interesting link is http://www.sleepinginairports.net/asia/singapore.htm
have fun

by DarkRay

Ditto to the Ambassador Transit Hotel....

For both hotels in Sentosa, both are very luxurious and nice, certainly worthy of their 5 star status. But I feel that Shanri-La is starting to show its age, while Sentosa Resort & Spa has smaller rooms....

Just my 2 cents.... :-)

RE: RE: Stopping Over in Singapore. Airport Hotel Needed.

by oceanspray10

Thanks JuneTL and DarkRay. Will check out the site.

RE: RE: Stopping Over in Singapore. Airport Hotel Needed.

by oceanspray10

Oh, thanks to Lukejp as well. :)

Comments