29 Tanglin Road, Singapore, 247911, Singapore

Costs 21% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about The St. Regis Singapore

Excellent Stay at St. Regis Singapore

by TripAdvisor Member AnnaHongKong

I spent a night in Singapore recently and absolutely loved The St. Regis Singapore. I had heard it was recently opened and thought I'd try it out having never stay at a St. Regis before.

We booked the Bentley airport transfer which I can highly recommend if you want to treat yourself!

The service was superb, our butler wonderful and for such a new hotel I was impressed by the training they'd received and how well they all worked together.

We ate breakfast at Les Saveurs which was delicious and I can higly recommend the special St. Regis eggs benedict.

The room was a very generous size and the showers with the multi jet function are to die for. Next time I renovate that's what I'll be buying.

I'd highly recommend a stay when you're next in Singapore.

Absolutely Wonderful at The St. Regis!

by TripAdvisor Member Chiarariverside

As an SPG member, I am all too excited to have discovered a brand new option in Singapore under the Starwood group. Having experienced the highly acclaimed St. Regis in Beijing, I am amazed by how afforadable the rate in Singapre is, considering how new and luxurious the hotel is.

When I checked in with my young daughter, we were taken by surprise by a big chocolate chip cookie, with icing of my daughter's name on it, sitting beautifully on a silver tray in the room. The little slippers and bathrobe were also lovely touches I did not expect from a luxury hotel that seems to be catering more to a business crowd.

Instead of feeling like a hotel, The St. Regis Singapore feels more like a home. By our 3rd night, our butler from Japan already knows that my daughter needs her nightly cup of hot chocolate before bedtime and automatically brought her the drink without us asking for it. I call that personal touch!

The Remede Spa in the hotel is probably the most luxurious spa in the city I have tried so far. I am a great fan of sea salt scrub but the black olive soap scrub at the Spa works more miraculously than any scrubs I have had in the past. I was even given the glove that they imported from the Mediterranean to bring home with me! The vitamin facial is equally relaxing with bonus parafin given to my feet. The decadent treatment ended on a high note with a glass of champagne presented to me by my therapist.

I truly enjoyed my stay at the St. Regis and my daugher now wants me to bring her back to the St. Regis Singapore for her next holiday as she loves her personalized chocolate chip cookies and macaroons as well as all the friendly restuarant managers whom she has befriended.

Wow what an amazing Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member RusstySydney

My wife and I just spent four days and three nights at the St Regis Singapore on the way home from a two week trip to Japan.

After being on the move for two weeks, we just wanted to a few days to chill out in the lap of luxuary before heading home and back to work. I am so please to say that "St Regis" more than forfilled our expectations.

From the time the door man opened the door of our cab on arrival, to the day he again closed the door of our cab on departure, it seemed we wanted for nothing, the service was prompt, curtious and friendly. In addition to the care at the hotel we were given wonderful advice and assistance re the experience one can have in Singapore, sight seeing, shopping and enjoying the many cullanry delights this city offers.

For us the highlinghts would be:

1. Friendly attentive staff, it was wonderful to also see senior mangement, playing an active role in the the day to day operations.

2. The most amazing room, one wanted for nothing in these rooms, space, furnishings and the bath room was amazing. It was wonderful to be able to have such a haven to return to after a day out. The Bose Sound system was a wonderful addition to the usual Plasma TV. To be able to sit and read with ones chice of music playing was fanteastic.

3. The Spa, we took the offer that the hotel guests have of free use of the spa and hydro therapy areas on a daily basis, The steam room, sauna and baths were just amazing. We also booked in for a facial (for my wife) and a massage and foot reflexology for myself, and we both have to say that they were the best we have experienced any where in the world.

Thank you St Regis we had the most amazing time and would highly recommend it.

Disappointing service and needs work for a 6* claim to fame

by TripAdvisor Member FemmeAvidTraveler

After hearing about 'the Best Address in the City', I was looking forward to experiencing St Regis Singapore during a recent business trip to Singapore. Maybe being a hotelier didn't help in observing that the many things were overlooked - from the point of checking into the room where I spotted hair in 4 places (on top of the toilet seat / in the face towel / in the drawer where the hair dryer was kept and in between the face towels), that just left me disgusted and scared to use the next towel on the vanity counter.

The desk chair like most city hotels never works for sitting more than 5 minutes and if you're trying to work without getting a backache, call for one of the black ergonomic boardroom chairs they have in the meeting rooms. One of the management team had overheard my concern and sent one up immediately. Kudos for paying attention to the customer!

Security services in the hotel was definitely questionable, one instance where I misplaced my key card (or thought I did when it was actually in the energy saving slot) and requested for another one from the reception, no questions was asked and I was given one immediately when I told them my name and room number (without asking for proof of identity!). Another occasion when a friend was visiting, the security officer standing by the lift didn't ask any questions on who he was visiting and simply allowed him access to my floor. This is worrying especially since I'm a single female traveller.

Service at Yan Ting was attentive and not intrusive and food selection / quality / presentation was fantastic. Breakfast service at Les Saveur was unattentive, had to ask for butter twice which never came, no one offered any newspapers (I was dining alone) and even upon several requests, they never came! The plates weren't cleared each time I got up to get more food from the buffet table and it was hard to get anybody's attention.

The icing on the cake had to be when I had my bag delivered at 7.15am in the morning (my wakeup call was at 7.30am!) and I was shocked to hear the doorbell ring that early in the morning to see the bellman standing there with my bag which could have been delivered anytime later or a nice touch would have been to find out if there was a wakeup call request and informed the operator about delivering the bag during the tea service at 7.45am.

Overall, a very disappointing first visit and much room for future improvements. However, the Concierge team was very efficient in assisting me with all my requests and the ladies at the Drawing Room where I spent most afternoons during meetings were most attentive. Looking forward to seeing some changes soon before my next visit that's for sure..smiling and greeting the guests will definitely add more warmth to the cold interior of the hotel.

Loved the St Regis

by TripAdvisor Member Nosfam

Our family of 4 (including 2 teenage boys) throughly enjoyed our 4 night stay at the St Regis. I was a little concerned after reading some bad reviews on Tripadvisor, but we were very pleasantly surprised.

There are a lot of staff around, particularly in the lobby, but all proved very helpful, calling the lift for you before you got there and opening doors as you approach etc. Our butler service was excellent all round. Tea and coffee were always served quickly and unobtrusively. Room service was prompt and accurate, even getting small details right, like serving pancakes for the kids completely unadorned. (Something many other hotels we've stayed at have not been able to do).

We throughly enjoyed the Decanter wine bar, our meal at Les Saveurs was superb and the service was very good. It was clear that some staff are inexperienced but we couldn't fault their service. LaBrezza was not as good and the service was noticeably worse.

The rooms are lovely, bathrooms are great with a really good shower. The bed is the most comfortable hotel bed I've slept on for some time. Housekeeping was probably a weak link not making up our interconnecting room at the same time, but this only happened once. They rectified this as soon as I called them and I've certainly had the same level of service in many other 5 star hotels. Concierge service was very good, making car rental bookings and always getting back to me with any information I needed.

Overall, we would definitely stay here again.

Thinking of staying here, think twice...

by TripAdvisor Member saitodaniel

I am usually a fan of SPG hotels, I was excited to hear that the St. Regis opened their doors and I would be one of their first few guest. But to my disappointment, service really needs work. After reading other reviews, it seems others share my concern for this hotel. For the price point of $440 a night, you would expect to get better service. I don't know whether if they rushed everyone through training really quickly and skipped some key hospitality management course. But I REALLY recommend them to reconsider having the staff retake training.

Here are some issues with their service:

* Hotel Staff do not communicate well amongst each other.

* Phone calls from hotel staff around midnight and or after midnight after you are asleep, only to apologize for calling you so late and that they got the wrong room - this happened to me twice over the span of two night. We will see what happens tonight. (I might disconnect the phone)

* Room service less than par, they are SLOW. make sure if you want room service call one hour in advance to get make sure you get your order on time.

* Communication is difficult with internal staff, after speaking CLEARLY in English, they still get your order in correct. I found a work around, WRITE what you want on paper and hand it to the BUTLER. But keep in mind, BUTLER to come to your room take time.

* Over staffed with too many staff IDLE, they are good at greeting you, but they could really spend time servicing the guests.

There are more issues that I can go on about the problems with this hotel. Honestly, I was very disappointed, I travel around the world and spend at least 100+ days in hotels. This by far is one of the worst hotels I spent time in. I am still checked into this hotel until the day after tomorrow. I hope they are reading this, because I wouldn't mind speaking my mind to the general manager about my concerns about this hotel. I usually ended up leaving the hotel in the morning frustrated and upset when leaving for my business meeting - NOT A COOL way to start off the day.

Hotel with Wow factor to the extreme!

by TripAdvisor Member James_Thomson

This hotel is amazing, the design is elegant and charming, and the service standards are definitely 6 stars.

It is now my favourite hotel in Singapore

Walk into this hotel along the red carpet, and you enter a lobby area filled with staff all greeting you and wanting to help you

It is located just a short stroll from Orchard Road shops

Great restaurants with top service. I especially loved the Les Savieurs restaurant, the atmosphere and design is magnificent, and the French food was divine

Overall, the thing that charmed me the most was the design of the hotel, the full professional service offered by staff, and the movie star celebrity status of staying in a St. Regis Hotel!

WOW, what else can you say?

by TripAdvisor Member faithwins1

Hello, just thought i'd give a TR on my stay at the Singapore St. Regis this month.

Prelude:
About two months before the trip I managed to get a good rate at the Singapore St. Regis with their "Taste of Luxury" package. Basically it was 740SGD (including tax) per night but the fourth night was free. Breakfast was included in this rate. So with a four night stay it worked out at $555SGD (about $400 us with tax). A hot breakfast at the St. Regis runs a expensive $40SGD a person. So with breakfast included it saved us $80 a day, so all in all it was a pretty good deal.

St. Regis Bentley Service:

Arrived from London on the A380 and was picked up by Jetquay .
The Bentley service is $265 SGD including the use of Jetquay, Singapore's CIP terminal who will take you in a buggy to your plane. It is quite an expense but they were bought at the cost of $800,000 a piece. Our driver was very friendly yet professional at the same time. Chilled water in the back seat, plenty of legroom, only problem was that it was too short!

Check-In:
About five staff members swarmed the Bentley upon our arrival (and I saw them do the same to every guest that arrived during the week, not just in the Bentley) and took our bags. We were escorted to checkin which was a very painless procedure. They had already processed our information and we just had to sign on the dotted line. We were then handed over to a Butler who escorted us to our room (via the very fancy elevators) and showed us around.

The Room:
WOW. That is all that can really sum it up. You walk into a marble foyer with wood accents. To the right is the bathroom with dual sinks, a lovely deep tub and a Plasma TV built into the mirror next to it. The shower had great pressure and a full length heated mirror, so NO fog. The main room itself has a 42inch plasma, nice wood desk, WONDERFUL bed, and ample storage space. My descriptions or pictures cant really do the rooms justice, you really have to be there to experience it. Great views of singapore from the windows. Bedside controls control the lighting and curtains in the room. VERY high tech room. Surround Sound BOSE stereo system in the room.

Service:
To be honest, I didnt think I would need a butler until I had one. It was really nice to be able to call him when you need something hemmed, want a cup of tea or coffee brought to your room, or need something . pressed. Very personable service, and very professional.

Pool:
Small but very nice and relaxing. Dosent get much sun so not very warm. Pool Staff will bring you misters, cold towels, ice water, and fresh fruit. Great idea.

SPA:
It was great. You get free use of the facilities as a guest and they were great. Nice indoor whirlpool, steam room, sauna, ice fountain, rain-shower etc. It is nearly completely made of marble. Also has an outside whirpool. They're are two of these facilities, one for men, one for women.

Final Thoughts:
What I wished this hotel would do better is advertise what they offer service wise. I looked through the inroom manual and many of the complimentery services the hotel offers were not in their. For example:

- The Butler will bring you complimentery tea and coffee 24/7
- Free use of spa facilities (most of the time I was the only one in there)
- Ipod connecter cables in the desk drawer for the inroom BOSE sound system (which was great)
- For a couple of days i was very confused on how to use the inroom controls. They're needs to be a manual on how to "operate" the room technology wise.

--------------------------------------
Conclusion:

All in all a GREAT 5* hotel with GREAT facilities, GREAT rooms and GREAT service. I would stay again in a heartbeat. The little details here make the stay so much more enjoyable. Being addressed by name almost everywhere in the hotel is a very nice touch.

The Best Hotel in Singapore.....?

by TripAdvisor Member AmondeYenne

I stayed 5 nights in the St Regis and it delivered in every respect. Room size and quality of furnishings, both practical and electronic-brillliantly luxurious. Extremely pleasant and do-anything-to-help staff at every level and the room butler is a brilliant idea - all my clothes pressed on arrival, bags unpacked, perfect. Close to all the retail brands. The 5.30 wine tasting every evening is a perfect way to unwind and meet some of the other guests. Breakfasts are great, and the staff go out of their way to make you your idiosyncratic drinks - and then remember them the next day. Food in the Chinese restaurant is fab, especially the dim sum. I was also unwell on one day and the room with its day and night autoblinds, made even this an OK experience. I cannot speak too highly of the St Regis and can only say try it, you won't be disappointed. Spoil yourself with a trip in the Bentley on the way to the airport!

St.Regis sets new standard for Singapore 5 star Hotels.

by TripAdvisor Member taal01

We stayed at the St. Regis for the first time and we found the experience fantastic. We have been coming to Singapore for over 25 years and this is the best new hotel in years. Normal stay would be in the Shang or the Ritz, but the Regis is a new standard. Great rooms, fantastic service and a pretty good location. Downside is the pool area which has no privacy. Upside is the style and the willing of the staff to really make your stay comfortable. We have found a new home in Singapore

Singapore skyline, October 2010Singapore skyline, October 2010

Jelly Fishes at Sea World, Sentosa, SingaporeJelly Fishes at Sea World, Sentosa, Singapore

St. Andrews Cathedral, SingaporeSt. Andrews Cathedral, Singapore

Merloin the symbol of SingaporeMerloin the symbol of Singapore

Singapore to Kuala Lampur

by smeggg

I ll arrive Singapore around 15.00pm and would like to avail a opportunity to get any direct transport from Singapore airport to Kuala lamper, please advice

Its strange to get reply of few peoples in a strange way, i submit my inquiry here because its a tourist forum, any advice highly appreciated

Thanks in advance

by zjenson2

Many buses to Kuala Lumpur direct from singapore, takes about 6~8 hours of your time depending on traffic conditions. Might as well take a cheap airline flight to KLIA and then a 45 minute train downtown.

by jc_girl

I too wanna know details about traveling from Singapore to Malaysia. All i know is that i can take the bus to enter Malaysia and my friend told me that it'll take an hour or so. hope to hear your advice. http://bit.ly/9xXWzq thank you.

by Stepwalk

The 1 hour bus trip from Singapore will only et you across the border and into Johor Bahru which is the very southern end of Malaysia: it's still another 6-7 hours to get from there to KL!

by stg1

Many tour agents at Golden Mile Complex at Beach Road do sell daily departure ticket to Kuala Lumpur - cost about S$30-50. Time of Departure: Either Morning about 8am or Evening 8pm.

by Typhoon2000

Why bother with a bus when the OP is already at the airport in Singapore and AirAsia only want S$39 including taxes (airfare is only $8!) to Fly to KL in 45 min or so??

by jc_girl

thank you so much for your reply. now i know more details about crossing the border. This surely will help me once i get to have a trip to Singapore. Oh, i wish i can visit Singapore before the year ends. http://bit.ly/b1gDit. thanks again.

by jc_girl

Great!! Tickets are savvy ready in any case i plan to cross Singapore to KL... http://bit.ly/b1gDit Thank you for that info.

Comments