1A Cuscaden Road, Singapore, 249716, Singapore

Agoda.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Jimbo222's Profile Photo

Decent hotel

Id say the room size is okay but I feel like toilet is a bit more cramped. Has a bath tub but toilet + sink somewhat feels less spacious. Lobby is quite nice, there is a pool, i liked the bed and pillows.

Unique Quality: Steady pool

• arianne_1504's Profile Photo

A Good Trade

Staff were very helpful and friendly.

Room was quite small, but you don't go on holiday to spend it in your room. Bathroom contained a bath.

Although I didn't use the pool, it looked lovely and the grounds were well maintained.

The Hotel restaurants are both good and frequently busy. Ah Hoi's kitchen is especially nice, situated out the back of the hotel by the pool area, good value meals are served and if you enjoy the meal, ring the bell!

Unique Quality: Great location, walking distance (about 15 minutes) to Orchard Road. Lots of places to head out for a meal nearby.

Directions: Behind the top end of Orchard Road

• Close to Orchard road

This is a nice, clean hotel with friendly staff. The rooms have good decor. I found my room to be smaller than an average room. Taxi costs around 20SGD to Changi airport, around 4SGD to clarke quay and 7SGD to vivo city. Orchard road is walking distance. Tanglin mall and Forum mall are the closest malls. One can always find a taxi in front of the hotel.

Unique Quality: This has a hospitality lounge for guests who have checked out but could come at a later time to freshen up and relax for some time. I had checked out around 2pm and my bus to KL was 1130pm. I had left the baggage in the cloak room and had gone out. I could use the hospitality lounge at 10pm to freshen up and relax for a while.

• Traders Hotel

Nice room and decor. Room is slightly smaller than average. Excellent and thoughtful service from staffs. Nice pool.

Located at the other end of Orchard Road at Tanglin. Shopping centre with mc donalds just next door. 2 bus stops away from heart of Orchard Road.

10 mins walk to Botanic Garden.

More about Traders Hotel Singapore

GOOD BASE

Stayed at Traders December 2005. Got great rate thro Trailfinders. Very very clean hotel - good breakfasts to and walkway thro to great little shooping centre which is a lot more reasonable than shops on main shopping street (especially Raybans !)
Very good hotel - would recommend !

Still great after ten years

by TripAdvisor Member MaggieS1

Haven't been to Singapore for a few years and was keen to see if Traders was still up to scratch after it's opening in the 90s. I can tell you it still is! There's been some refurbishment throughout and (forutnately) some things still stay the same. The service remains fantastic. It's obviously continued is rise up the popularity ladder, I'm sure due to its Shangrila connections and the fact that it has a great location at Tanglin Mall. If you're a jogger the botanical gardens are just 0.5 km away and it's also fairly (but not too) close to Orchard Road. The Traders Club is one of the major features of the hotel and is (generally) worth the extra $$$s.
Keep up the good work.

Excellent hotel

We stayed there on the 29th Dec for 3 nights. We were very impressed with the hotel and staff. We had a superior poolview room which was very well decorated and furnished. We used the pool which was pleasant, not many sun lounges though so you need to get there early. The gym,sauna and steam room was excellent. The hotel staff were so polite, they couldn't do enough for you. The breakfast was fantastic, so much choice. We also has a few drinks in the hotel bar which is located just near the shopping mall. That was great as they have live Jazz music. We did do quite alot of trips in Singapore, go to the night safari, it is fantastic. You also must go to Raffles for a Singapore Sling that was fab. We loved Sinagpore and the Traders hotel. Go soon.

OK, but

Visit to Singapore with my daughter as 21st birthday shopping trip. Very nice rooms, although quite small. Hotel staff very unhelpful as to the services they provided.(English very much second language) It took us 2 days to realise they provided a shuttle bus to Orchard Road - too far to walk in extreme heat - found out the hard way !! Not the 5 minute stroll as advised - more like 10 to 15 mins. Great breakfast. Make sure you ask what they can do for you when you get there especially if you have limited time as Singapore can be overwhelming. Tanglin Mall attached good for money changing. Great restaurant near pool.

So so

Stayed here early Nov 2005.
Our first disappointment was that having specifically requested a king bed room, we were placed in a twin. Following a quick work, there were no apologies, but a king room assured for us the following day. Next day, we were told that the hotel was full, sorry, no room. Having kicked up a bit of a stink, as if by magic, a king room was suddenly available.
Apart from that incident, no complaints. Very helpful concierge, breakfast good, good leisure facilities. Would probably return.
MRT station and Orchard road was about a 15 min walk, which was "sticky", but taxis were cheap enough to take advantage of.

Tiny rooms...

Good position, good breakfast, but the rooms are tiny! I was staying with a friend, and we supposedly had a "superior" twin room - it was so small that the beds couldn't be separated, and the TV/fridge combination was so close to the end of the bed that you couldn't fully open the fridge door. We had two suitcases with us, and we could only unpack one at a time. We complained to Reception, but were told that was a "superior" room - I'd hate to see what a standard room was like. Despite the hotel's other advantages, I would not go back.

Hotel Claustrophobia Central

by TripAdvisor Member ItalianBob

Traders Hotel, Sin Shangri-La claims to be sister hotel to the superb world famous 'the' Shangri-La just across town (they're owned by same Group) - but if you've ever stayed at the famous one then you'll know for sure the claim is about the same as any comparison of the sisters in Cinderella and you're not about to meet the pretty one.

Dont be fooled by booking one of their 'Superior' Rooms. Traders have just decided to call ALL their Standard Rooms 'Superior' - they aren't actually superior to anything else in the Hotel and all the same very small size approx 12'6 x 10'. Bathrooms are miniscule, 2'6 space to stand in between bowl and door in front of basin - have to open and close door to get into and out of Bath/Shower, otherwise 10 inch gap. Oh, and Hospitality Lounge is a windowless storage room at the rear of the adjacent Fitness Centre.

Trader's Hotel - Singapore

by emmalieh

Hi,
Has anyone stayed at the Traders Hotel in Singapore? What was the accommodation like? Is it a nice place for a couple to spend 2 nights in Singapore? Also, what is the breakfast like? Thanks for your help!

Kind Regards,
Emilie

by DarkRay

Trader Hotel is owned by the Shangri-La Group and so quality is definitely assured. As with all decent 4 or 5 star hotels, it comes with a very good breakfast consisting of a wide range of ABF and local fares. When I stayed there quite a few years ago, I was a little disappointed that they did not serve bacons on weekdays though.

The place used to look like it's a bit wanting of a renovation, but that's settled now that the hotel is indeed going through (and is still going through) an upgrade. Disturbance to guests are kept at a minimum though and except for the occasional out of bounds common areas, you probably won't notice it.

Rooms are very well kept and cosy. Although it is located within Orchard, it is about a 5 - 10 minutes walk away from the main malls.

Another similar hotel in a similar location you may want to consider is Orchard Hotel (http://www.millenniumhotels.com/MCIL.nsf/LU_HOTELDOC/706$$HotelDescription), which won a number of tourism awards.

If nightlife is more your thing, consider Swissotel Merchant Court (http://singapore-merchantcourt.swissotel.com), which is next to Clarke Quay (http://www.clarkequay.com.sg), the current premier nightspot of choice in Singapore.

I feel that both Orchard Hotel and especially Swissotel Merchant Court have a more "romantic" vibe that are more suitable for couples. Traders Hotel feels a little more business like in my opinion.

Just my 2 cents.... :-)

Trader's Hotel - Singapore

by ZENDER

I will second Dark Ray's answers and recommendations.
I had stayed at all three of the hotels that he mentioned.
Among the three - Traders' Hotel, Swissotel Merchant Court and Orchard Hotel; my all-time favourite has to be Swissotel Merchant Court.
The location, the ambience, the food and the facilities are nice, especially if a couple so desire a romantic interlude. My wife's girlfriends love the place so much that they gatecrashed on us one day when they came down from overseas...how is that for popularity?
Should you need any more clarifications or any other hotels you have in mind, please feel free to drop us a mail and we will do our best to help you.
Cheers and have fun!

by buayadarat

I know two of the above mentioned hotels, Traders and Orchard, Orchard is a bit better located, otherwise I prefer Traders, it seems friendlier to me, but anyway both are good hotels.

I like the food center in the mall in front of traders, good,cheap and clean.

by emmalieh

Thanks for the information! :)

Comments