1238 3 Chi Pyeong Dong Seo Gu, Gwangju, South Korea
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

More about Gwangju

Obligatory shot of meObligatory shot of me

Swinging in the breezeSwinging in the breeze

Flying BobsFlying Bobs

Swinging ship rideSwinging ship ride

Travel Tips for Gwangju

The Police camp

by MEdelmann

A police camp and "family travel" ... what interesting sort of travelling you may think... :-)) It needs some explaination: This Police Camp is no police camp anymore. But today it is a museum and there are held intersting exhibitions there ... and it also is one of external places of the Gwangju Biennale ....

By the way, the "back shadow" on the right side in the forefront of the picture is no phantom... it´s my korean girlfriend Kanghee ... :-))

Mudeungsan (mountain) Hike

by sargaana

Several tracks with various distance and time. All are crowded on sundays. It seems locals r quite fond of hiking. We wanted to go to the top (Cheonwangbong, 1187m), but took the wrong track. anywayz, it was fun. V were just short of it. Eatables and drinks. A pair of Sneakers wud b gud enuf.

The most open-minded city of Korea

by DSwede

Gwangju is a great city in Korea in my opinion. Most likely due to the violent past of the city, it has kept in its mind the freedoms that it faught for.

Therefore I find the people of Gwangju to be the most open minded and welcoming of all those I have met in Korea.

For some more general thoughts, please visit my S Korea page.

My camera was not working during my visits to Gwangju, but for more pictures, feel free to visit my S Korea Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.

Comments