Blue Backpackers

106 Bld No 1802 Gyoung-Nam Apt. 944-1 Beom-cheon 2dong, Busan, 614760, South Korea

Blue Backpackers Hostel
Agoda.com Booking.com Hostelworld.com

• theguardianangel's Profile Photo

Blue Backpacker's Hostel: you'll never get Blue

Who ever thought that we could find a place like this- A twin room with private bathroom at a very affordable price? Having a private bathroom is always the thing I focus on in searching for a good place to stay… and Blue backpackers hostel was the answer.
    also, on a hot weather, you’ll never have any problem staying in the room since it also has its own aircon.

On the ground floor, there is a function room where you can find a big tv and 3 desktop computers you can use for internet… all for free. No additional charges.

Every 8am, you can have a FREE breakfast of bread, eggs, coffee/tea/chocolate… just by going upstairs in the kitchen (in the rooftop). You can cook freely in the kitchen if you want to fry an egg or have it boiled just make sure to turn the gas vessel off every after use. There are also sandwich spreads you can use, strawberry jam, butter and peanut butter. Water dispenser is also available. To show respect for the hostel’s hospitality, don’t forget to wash the utensils used before leaving the kitchen.
    Another, on the 7th day of your stay, you will be given a discount for staying a week in their place. I’m just not sure how much the discount is since we didn’t stayed that long.

Unique Quality: I really want to highlight how the owners, Mr. & Mrs. Jin helped us in everything we need. Before our trip, I really had a HARD time booking in Asiana Airlines and KTX going to Seoul. I dunno what’s wrong in their websites but it really frustrated me how to do it. That’s how we sought Mr. Jin’s help (actually, I forgot his name, and he’s not used to be called by this name but still, this is how I call him). We saw the sign in the lobby that they book KTX or flights just by asking them. The price in the internet is the same as theirs. It’s really unbelievable! It seems that the booking is an additional service for their customers without additional fees. It’s really, really great! I found out that the websites is easier to book if the language is in Korean.

By the time we came, Mr. Jin is the one who personally accommodates the customers. Mr. Jin knows how to speak in English so it’s a very nice thing. If Mr. Jin’s not around, you can call Mrs. Jin over the phone. She speaks English too and I think more fluently than her husband. They are very helpful during our stay. This is the first time that I’ve encountered people who knows how to emphatize.

You’ll never have any regrets staying in this place.

Directions: a few minutes walk from Seomyon station.
    from 42st Hotel, turn left, go inside the tunnel, you should be able to see the "Blue backpackers Hostel" sign

More about Busan

Name of RestaurantName of Restaurant

Busan TowerBusan Tower

The highway along the seacoastThe highway along the seacoast

BeomesaBeomesa

What to do from the Gimhae Airport?

by rdgonz25

I have six hours to spare until my next flight and would like to know if it is possible for me to go out of the airport and see some sights in Busan. I do not want to waste my time sitting in the airport. Is it possible to go to Centum City and Hyundae beach and be back to the airport in time for my flight? Appreciate other sites to see in Busan. What food specialties do they have?

Re: What to do from the Gimhae Airport?

by DSwede

If you take a bus from Gimhae, the main center and Haeundae are about 1hr10 minutes away. If you take a taxi and traffic is not bad, it may be about 35~45 minutes.

You should be back at the airport about 1hr30 before the flight if its international and about an hour before if it is domestic (Busan airport processes passengers fairly quick).

Therefore if you leave to the city center, you will have to do the math and determine how much time to spend. If you have a domestic connection, you could have about 3.5 hours in downtown if you take a taxi.

Travel Tips for Busan

The Bridges of Busan

by iwys

Busan is a city of bridges. They are big and specatacular. And when I was there, they were building another one. If you are into architecture and civil engineering, this is the place for you!

The best view is of the illuminated suspension bridge, from Gwangalli beach at night.

Busan: The Smallest Amusement Park? Pt 2.

by Intrepidduck

Located at the front entrance to the "Children's Grand Park", out at Choeup-dong, is yet another amusement park. Busan has about 12 of them, most are all the same as each other. Amusement Parks do have an element of mystery as some are out of the ordinary. Ordinary is an understatement when concerning Korean amusement parks they are below kitsch. However there is this tiny lot devoted to an amusement park complete with carousel, roller coaster - Santa's sled powered by yours truely Rudolf the Red Nosed Something or Other, and of cousre a rusting, but still in service Big Wheel - on a deminished scale. The carousel, fake and tacky as it is, did hit the spot for me in a country so staved of original artifacts. Beyond this is a nice lake complete with artificial swans, a bigger amusement park is at it's far end, which should have been devoted to tranquility! Here there is another minor intresting aspect of this other amusement park - a peddle powered rollercoaster.

Ice Cream a foot high!!!

by amambaw

This is not really a restaurant tip so much as a food tip. In the summer time, Busan is HOT! The folks of this city of made an art out of staying cool, and one of their favorite methods is eating ice cream.

The last few days, since it has started getting really hot, I've noticed several vendors serving up foot high soft-serve ice cream cones! How fabulous. So far, I have only seen these vendors downtown, but I imagine that you can find them all over the city. I will keep my eyes peeled, and will update once I find out more: price, location, etc.

TAEJONGDAE: A well-know tourist place for postcard

by ancient_traveler

Taejongdae, Busan's best tourist attraction, lies on the southernmost tip of Yeongdo Island along the coast. Around the highest peak in the center, 250 m above sea level, the seashore is embroidered with exquisite rock formations such as Sinseonbawi, or the Rock of the Mountain God and Mangbuseok, or the legendary Rock of the Faithful Woman. A well-know tourist place for postcard, features fantastic rocks and cliffs standing like sculptures on the coast, shows splendorous views in harmony with the dense forest and waves.

The Long Beach of ROK

by mkim

"Pop comes up da Sky-Scrapers"

I chose Pusan as my half-way base between the capitaL of SeouL
and the States,

because somewhat like HonoLuLu
it has most of the amenities of a metropolis
yet nature awaits as soon as U step out of its borders,

witnessed by new hi-rise apartments on tourist beaches

Comments