193-1 Gwangan 2-Dong, Suyung-Gu, Busan, South Korea

Homers Hotel
Agoda.com Travelocity Tingo.com

• DSwede's Profile Photo

Budget Stay in JinChilBong

There are hostels in Korea, and then there are JinChilBong's. They are not always advertised, and if you do not speak or read Korean, they can be hard to find.

But if you are traveling on a budget, you can stay at these without hesitation. The shower, sauna and locker rooms are separate for men and women. But there will be typically a large open room and several hot dry saunas that are co-ed.

Many Koreans of all ages will come here and sleep on the floor during all times of the day. Once you pay, you can stay as long as you want during one single visit.

Unique Quality: Hot tubs, showers, saunas, dry saunas, and even a snack bar (do not bring in your own food).
    The hotel will provide you with pajamas, towels, blanket and a small pillow.

Men pay 7000 KRW - men's locker/shower is on floor 6
    Women pay 3500 KRW - women's locker/shower is on floor 4
    Unisex JinChilBong is on floor 5.

Directions: Immediately off across from Gwangalli Beach

• the new and good hotel in Kwanganri

I stayed in Hotel Homers on June 8th, 2006, room No, 1008 non-smoking, great view of
    sea and Gwangan Grand Suspension Bridge. I recommend this hotel. This hotel is openned in November 9th, 2004 and so quite new. The big bed is beyond the quality of the regular first class hotel. So I could sleep very well. The glass window is clean and wide rising from floor level. The hotel location is very good along the street of beach. I saw the korean people enjoying waking and jogging on the beach pedestrian road.

Unique Quality: great views of sea and suspension bridge. Regarding bath facility, the hotel guest is charged half price won3,500. I saw many korean mothers and kids coming from near-by.
    I hear the bath is like a japanese public bath and splendid.

I ate lunch at Haeshin(chinese restaurant). I was afraid first because the restaurant is very deluxe. After finishing to eat, the waitress invited me to take fruit bar. I had pineapple and
    water melon. I am quite surprised at the manner to entertain the customers which does not exist in Japan or other countries.

I ate light meal in the evening at Japanese restaurant at 8th floor. Even though light meal,
    the waitress welcome us very politely. Here also very deluxe. I took noodle. I am quite surprised at the same taste and sabor as eaten in Japan. The soup was quite rich and I took soup,too.

Directions: Kwanganri