Hotel Neulbom

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Busan

Red SnappersRed Snappers

but high-rise apartments R stacking up since 2000but high-rise apartments R stacking up since 2000

Puff the Baby Eating DragonPuff the Baby Eating Dragon

Busan harbor as seen from Busan towerBusan harbor as seen from Busan tower

does anyone have a good map of busan online.

by hugekebab

hi,

Im going to busan soon to teach, im having offers left right and centre but they are in different regions of busan. really i want to work in heaundae, or near the university.

if anyon ehas a good detailed online map that would be great.

also coudl someone tell me their fav regions of busan. im currently looking at heaundae (the beach area) and hadan (wherever that is.)

cheers
sam

Re: does anyone have a good map of busan online.

by olddude

There you go. I have no favorite areas of Busan as I didn't go there often. However, personally, I think the Haeundae area is a little too touristy and expensive for my tastes. Maybe Robert (Vita500) can shed some light on his favorite areas.

Re: does anyone have a good map of busan online.

by hugekebab

Thanks for that mate,

Ive just looked up hadan on the subway map; seems like its miles out from the main areas of busan; i was offered a public school position there, but im not so keen now! i would prefer somewhere nearer heaundae just because id like to live near the beach area.

Travel Tips for Busan

Small dogs everywhere

by amambaw

I'm not sure exactly how this will benefit anyone travelling to S. Korea, but I think it's interesting, and may help you to psychologically prepare for this strange and wonderful place.

People here have a very different view on pets. Most families don't name their pets, even dogs and cats. I don't think that they get as attached to the animal members of their families as Westerners do (this could just be my own perception, based on what I've talked about with some Koreans).

I think the most interesting thing I've seen so far is that most of the pets in Busan are dogs, and most of these dogs are small. And occasionally colored weird colors. Please don't ask why, I have yet to understand it myself!

Busan: Taxi

by Intrepidduck

Getting into a Taxi in Busan is easy since they are resonably cheap and numerous. Getting to your destination is not always as easy since most drivers don't speak any English. Have a Korean friend, who can speak English, explain to the driver where to take you if your travelling home alone from the bar etc. Busan's taxi drivers are generally honest and all cabs have a meter. Traffic being a big problem in Busan should be taken into account for possible delays.

Visit the Busan Tower

by GracesTrips

Boy, this was not too easy to find. You can see the tower in the distance so you walk towards it. Then as you get closer the view is gone because the buildings in the area are too tall. But we finally came upon the way to go up and it's a really steep climb. So, make sure to find the escalator that takes you up to the tower.

Taejongdae

by iwys

Taejongdae is a rugged stretch of coastline, crowned by a 250 m-high cliff face. It is named after King Taejong Muyeol, who used to practise archery here. You can look down from an observation deck at the fishermen perched perilously on the rocks below. These cliffs are also known as the Suicide Cliffs, after the many Koreans who have leapt to their deaths here.

Teaching in Busan

by corygkb1

"Adventure more than a JOB"

I came here in September 2004, to teach English in a suburb of Busan ( Pusan as it is known here). I live in a small town (200,000 or more) called Jangyu.
I can say that teaching is great and would reccomend anyone looking to have a great job and likes to travel and to see new things.
I have learned a lot about this place and like it. It is cheap to live and the food is just great. I do miss huge steaks but it is fine.
There is all sorts of things to see and do here. Going ot the beach, temples, hiking, fishing, skiing, and about anything you can imagine.
If you think that you don't want to come here cause you'll miss McDonalds ( I HATE the place personally) you are wrong many american places are here and I think they might taste the same. I dont eat there so can't tell you.
Traveling is real easy and the busses are cheap too.
All I can say is stay away from the Soju ( rice liquor) it is bad stuff, but cheap.
There is anything you want to do here nad everyone should come visit.
Read my homepage for more infomation.

Comments