Sunset Business Hotel

Sunset Business Hotel
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Costs 141% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Busan

Lots of foodLots of food

Busan Port from Busan TowerBusan Port from Busan Tower

Scenic overlook along the coastScenic overlook along the coast

Painted door at BeomesaPainted door at Beomesa

Driver needed for one day

by dshore

I am looking to hire an English speaking driver for one day in November to pick me up from my hotel in the morning and to drive me to a couple of business appointments, then to the airport. Any suggestions of how I could arrange this before I depart for Korea ?

Thanks - David

Re: Driver needed for one day

by DSwede

If you have the addresses for the businesses you are visiting, any taxi will be able to take you.

I don't know of an English speaking driver in Busan, but you may be able to inquire with the hotel you are staying with to provide assistance.

Travel Tips for Busan

GWANGAN BRIDGE

by ancient_traveler

The largest double -layered suspension bridge became a landmark of Busan. Around the beach, there are unique restaurants, cafes, and over 300 raw fish restaurants. There are famous places near the beach like Subyeon (waterfront) Park, Gwangalli Beach Theme Street and outdoor caf s. You can also enjoy various water sports such as wind surfing, yachting, and scuba diving. The majestic feature of the Gwangan Bridge looks extraordinary especially at night against the beautiful night view of the beach.

Busan: The Smallest Amusement Park? Pt 1.

by Intrepidduck

Busan has no shortage of theme and amusement parks, 99% of them are completely unamusing. They are "sub-kitsch" - meaning that they have no value on even rating as being kitsch. However there are the exceptions and during one of my winter walks I found what would have to be the world's smallest amusement park, it located in the Grand Children's Park. Here alongside the token rusting ferris wheel there run the Roudolf Coaster, slightly interesting, and a pretty good and authentic looking carousel. It actually surprised me for being of modest quality, perhaps this was my nostelgia for things genuine in a land where that's just not possible.

Delicious but pricey Indian Food

by miketrudeau about Ganga

Ganga is a good Indian restaurant just off Haeundai Beach (sp?). The butter chicken is the best in my opinion, but everything esle is great too. This is one place to find good vegetarian food, which can be difficult in Korea where chicken, fish and eggs are not thought of as meat. However, the service is rather cold and a bit slow. We were there with a group, and they brought out our dishes one at a time, at such a pace that the first person was finished when the last dish arrived. Also, the prices are pretty steep. But hey, being the best Indian restaurant among so very few, you might find it worth a shot. Also good to change up your diet a bit, when you get tired of whatever it is you have been eating habitually. This last comment is meant to apply to foreign English teachers, especially ones living in smaller towns. Definitely the butter chicken. It's amazing.

Beomensa Temple

by IreneMcKay

This is a 1300 year old Buddhist temple and it is located on Mount Geumjeongsan. I found the setting of the temple very beautiful. There were lots of forest trails around it. The walk up to the temple from the bus stop takes you past lots of stone pillars, some are longevity pillars with tortoises at the bottom, others are covered with inscriptions.

The first building and the pagoda are quite beautiful but unfortunately the area they are set in doubles as a very busy car park which spoils it a great deal. Through the main gate of the temple there is a bell tower and many shrines. I liked the see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil Buddha statues.

This temple is worth visiting just for its setting.

PIFF

by akikonomu

Nope, PIFF is not a bad word or insulting remark. The acronym for Pusan International Film Festival, it is the driving force for my one day visit to this seaside city.

Maybe, K-fans would consider making this a focal point of their travels as this function is graced by many Korean stars. For me, I don't think I could recognise any star even if they were standing right in front of me - well, unless they were wearing a badge with their names and status (in English). You see - I am very bad with faces.

Supposedly a grand event where budding artistes get discovered and new films are screened, my curiosity got the better of me. Another reason was my recent fascination for cross city bus rides.

Held on Hauendae Beach this year, there were free movie screenings under the Autumn sky at a temporarily set up stage. Unfortunately for me, I did not stay long enough to enjoy this as my poor night vision and solo travelling meant that I had to get back to Gyeongju before the sun sets.

Another thought that passed my mind whilst I was planning my travel was to travel to Japan via hydrofoil from Pusan. Unfortunately too, I was constrained by time. BUT, I'm planning this cross country travel one day once I hit the jackpot (haha).

"One of the Biggest City in S Korea??"

I wouldn't really classify Pusan as extremely city like. Still, my one day there may be too short for this passing remark. Pusan is really easy to navigate and the walk down the promenade to the beach from the subway is enjoyable as you pass by many family owned restaurants on a not so conjested road.

Yes, perhaps that is why I think Pusan is not city like. Somehow, there seems too little vehicles on the road for one of the biggest cities in South Korea.

"Not in line at all..."

Furthermore, if you visited the Pomoesa temple which is situated on a hill amidst natural surroundings, you would not think it possible that you were in a big city.

And that is exactly what never ceases to intrigue me. How is it possible that climbing a slope could "teleport" you from a busy city road to a serene, natural surrounding with hardly any city noises (read: sounds of vehicles, noisy crowds)?

But South Korea has many of these "wonders" - even in Seoul, climbing Namsan immediately takes you away from the hustle and bustle of the city.

Comments