Artnouveau City II (Gangnam)

1330-4 Seocho-Dong Seocho-Gu, Seoul, South Korea
Gangnam Artnouveau City II
Hotels.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Costs 66% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Seoul

JumpingNorman, South Korea June 7, 2010JumpingNorman, South Korea June 7, 2010

Seoul, Main Gate, PalaceSeoul, Main Gate, Palace

Amsa-dong "Ecosystem Landscape Conservation Area"Amsa-dong "Ecosystem Landscape Conservation Area"

Diving in Korea - SokchoDiving in Korea - Sokcho

Pam-Mum-Jom on Sundays or Mondays?

Hello!

I'm planning a trip to Seoul.
This is our third visit to South Korea and
this time we would love to visit Pam Mum Jom (the border between South and North Korea. And the famous conference building)

We'll arrive at Seoul on Saturday evening and we will leave Seoul on Tuesday morning.
We are now looking for an one-day tour to Pam Mum Jom.
But unfortunately there seem to be only tours from Tuesday through Saturday :-(

Do you know any tours which take us to Pam Mum Jom on Sunday or Monday???

by jckim

Hi Ayurin and Hiro! Welcome!
Frankly speaking, I'm never been there Pan Mon Jom!! :))
Because,,, there are very difficult Koreans visit.
Anyway, check this pages,
http://www.dmztourkorea.com/( 02)706~4851~2 / 이메일 : 248dmz@naver.com pd0727@dmztourkorea.com )
I hope you enjoy a satisfying Pan Mon Jom trip and everywhere Seoul!

by DSwede

On Sundays and Mondays, your only possibility is to visit one of the many observation platforms (where you look over to DPRK with binoculars). Honestly speaking, I would wait until you return to Seoul to do the tour properly.

by AyurinHiro

Hello,kim jeong cheon and Dave!

Thank you very much for answering my question :-)

I visited the websites kim jeong cheon had provided above,
then I have found a tour agent which seems to have a Pam Mum Jom & DMZ tour on Sundays.(There seems to be no tours on Mondays)

Thank you very much.
I will ask travel agents about the tour :-)

By the way, Dave, you are so lucky to have been able to live in so many places in the world :-)

Hi,JCKim and JSwede :-)

I and my mother came back home from Seoul today.
Thank you very much for your information.

Afterall, I coudn't find a travel agency which is dealing Pam Mum Jom tour on Sundays or Mondays... but I could join DMZ (Demilitalized Zone) tour.
We visited Dorasan Station( the most north station of South Korea) and the 3rd Tunnel.

Thanks for your help :)

by DSwede

I'm glad you arrived home safe and sound. Hope your visit was a good one. I just returned to Korea myself on Monday.

I didnt comment before when you mentioned finding an operator that would give a tour on Sunday, but my feeling was that was too good to be true. Thanks for the follow up posting!

Hi again, Dave :-)

Thanks for your reply.
This time I couldn't visit Pam Mum Jom, so next time I would like to visit Pam Mum Jom.

During our Seoul trip, I and my mother felt the kindness of Korean people :-)
It was a short trip, but a memorable trip for us.

Thanks again and have a good time in Ulsan :-)

Travel Tips for Seoul

Slippery chopsticks

by K1W1

This is a trap for young players - after getting along just fine with my chopstick skills in China and Sth East Asia, I quickly became unstuck in Korea. Here, for some reason they like to use metal chopsticks as opposed to the normal wooden or plastic versions. I found the metal to be very slippery and it was like I had to learn all over again - frustrating, but it gave my local friends a good laugh. If you get the opportunity to go out with some local friends - jump on it. The Seoul that the locals know and love is likely to be much different than the city you're likely to see with a guidebook. There are some great places to eat, drink and be merry, and the Koreans would have to be among the genuinely friendliest in Asia.

Folk Museum in Gyeongbokgung...

by asantetravel

Folk Museum in Gyeongbokgung Palace. I wanted to visit the National Museum but it?fs closed on Mondays, so I visited the Folk Museum. The LP description doesn?ft make it sound very interesting, but it has great exhibits on the history and life of Korean people. It explains various ceremonies and how kimchi is made, and it also has costumes and handicrafts.

The Inside Scoop

by JDwernychuk

Since i lived with koreans for a few months I can tell you all i know about it. Coming into a korean home ( If you ever get the chance ).
Ok, when you frist come into there house, the floor will be always lower by the door. Your shoes will never leave this area. Going beyond that area with your shoes is forbidden, it's almost like a sin. Also any wet umbrellas or anything like that will stay in that area. Steping in the lowered area with bare feet is also a No-No.
Now the big problem that i had was the washroom. They keep their washrooms like they keep their rice fields, soaking wet ( this is the most important tip i can give ) TAKE YOUR SOCKS OFF, before you enter the washroom. When i frist got here i would always forget, and my socks would always be wet. I don't know why they must have a big puddle on the floor but they do. They will have slippers in the washroom but you will still want to take your socks off becuase the slippers are offen wet too. There floor is offen wet becuase of the shower.
The shower! some are diffrent then others I've had every type they have in korea. I've had the Western style. I've had korean style, that is just like a hose with a shower head on the end that comes from the sink and the water just goes on the floor. This is the most common type you will find. Its like having a shower in a RV. In new apartments they may have a tub that you stand in but water will still go everywhere. I've also done the OLD OLD korean style. Out in the countrey, I was given a bucket and you go in the washroom and fill up the bucket with hot water and use a rag. That was the worst way! you just don't feel clean after.
I think those are the most important tips i can give you.

HANOK

by ancient_traveler

Hanok, a Korean traditional house. As a quiet residential area with a traditional touch, this neighborhood is a great destination for learning more about Korean traditions. All furniture, windows and other items are reproductions of a traditional Korean house. Traditional sleeping pads and quilts are provided.

Hongneung Arboretum

by ByWayOfAlbuquerque

This forest retreat located in northeast Seoul is a nice getaway from the bustle of downtown and also a great opportunity to see some trees and plant life not widely found in Korea. "On the 780 square meters area southwest of Mt. Cheonjangsang, there are 9 gardens such as a garden of conifers, a garden of broadleaf trees and an ornamental garden, 3 botanical gardens with edible & medicinal plants garden, an aquatic garden and a wetland garden." (from the Official Site of Korea Tourism) It's a nice area for a stroll and some quiet, and it's fairly easy to get to.

DIRECTIONS: From Exit 2 of Cheongnyangni Station (Subway Line 1) →Take bus No.1215 (around the corner in front of Post Office) → Get off at Hongneung Arboretum / King Sejong Great Memorial Hall (5 minute ride).

ADMISSION FEES: Free (Open only on Saturdays and Sundays)

Comments