Friend Hotel

Costs 38% more and rated 48% lower than other 2 star hotels

More about Seoul

Lotte Duty FreeLotte Duty Free

North Korea from distanceNorth Korea from distance

Lynn taking care of the KimchiLynn taking care of the Kimchi

Seodaemun prisonSeodaemun prison

Fashion

by ecstasyfantasy

Hi , I was wondering if Dongdaemun sells some summer clothes during winter ? I hope not ALL shops sell winter clothing because I'm a Singaporean here and I do hope that I can get some summer stuff there.
Also, any good recommended stuff to buy (for teens) thr ?
Do they sell kpop-idol related merchandise ?
Many thanks for your help :D

Re: Fashion

by DSwede

Don't worry, there is enough of everything there. Summer and winter clothes are available in the winter, but you will find more limited selection. K-pop stuff is available everywhere, the Korean teens love it.

Re: Fashion

by ecstasyfantasy

Thanks ! I'm so relieved they do sell summer clothes there :) I love korean fashion and so i hope to buy some real good clothes :D

Travel Tips for Seoul

Tourist information

by mccrorj

Make this your first stop. I found the staff very helpful and some spoke very good english. This is also a place with free internet access allowing you to keep in touch with home. The lady I spoke to was able to explain in english what I needed to do and supplemented this with written instruction in hangul for locals with whom I had to interact. I was able to make my way from central Seoul to the Korean Village by means of her written introductions. I was able to show them to railway officials, ticket sales people and locals who all helped me on to the right buses and trains. I enjoyed my afternoon in the park and television tower. I also enjoyed the evening I spent in Insadong. I suspect however that what I remember most about seoul is how different it felt. Architecturally it is very modern but I did for the first time feel that I was different to those around me. I travelled on my own for the first time in 40years and told my wife I was looking for a mini adventure. Given the lack of english and the general differences I feel that I achieved my objectives. I'll definitely be back in Korea one day and hope to travel more widely

Explore the Markets

by Canadienne

No matter where you go in South Korea, the markets are one of the most interesting places to visit. You'll find a mix of vegetables, fruit, plastic goods and clothing. But, more importantly, you'll find kind people and, as always in this country, a very warm welcome.

Do you know how to eat korean food?

by mccrorj

I flew into seoul from london on a Korea airlines 747 and was asked by the attendant whether I wanted european or korean food. I'm flying to korea and therefore I chose the local dish which was bi bi bap which is a rice dish. On delivering the dish she asked me "do you know how to eat this?" Being a portly chap I thought she was making a joke and just laughed and said yes. I then proceeded to eat each dish on the tray, a practise I continued for the next five days. On my flight out of korea I was offered the same choice and again chose the korean dish. Being an expert by this point I set about eating the meal to the shock of my Korean neighbour who showed me, like a child, how to eat my dinner appropriately. The trick is to mix everything to your preference into the main bowl, add veg, rice and the soup/gravy and then eat all together. Clearly I didn't know how to eat my dinner, I do now. Pleace learn from my ignorance. To be honest I don't think the locals are actually that bothered but boy did I feel foolish when realised my mistake.

Most Koreans Avoid the Sun

by AKtravelers

Unlike most westerners, it seems that most Koreans do not seek a sun tan. Good for them! I'm sure they have low rates of skin cancer.
The primary manifestation of this trait is that, on sunny days, you will see many women carrying umbrellas. In Insadong one day, I saw this being taken to an almost humorous extreme -- the umbrella taxi. As part of a performance art piece in 2005, for a few won, one was able to hire a person to carry an umbrella for you and keep you shaded as you walk down the street. Pretty clever.

There is only 2 things you MUst bring

by JDwernychuk

The hardest thing there is to find here is deodrant make sure that you stock up before you come. So you don't run out if your here for a long time. Then what would you do just walk around stinking. Also for the ladies i hear they don't use tampons so if thats what you use you better bring enough.

Everything else you wanted to bring but was not sure you can buy here. They have every thing you can buy at home and more. Make sure you underpack your bags so you can bring home some souvenirs.

Comments