Hotel Ibis Seoul

Agoda.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Costs 53% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• liemel225's Profile Photo

Reasonably Priced in An Expensive Neighborhood

7 nights in this hotel and not much to say anything against.

Ibis is located between 2 subway stations Seolleung and Samseong subway stations (green/line2) but it's a 3 block walk from each direction. Samseong is where COEX. So if your business is around Gangnam area this hotel is good for you. Airport Limousine bus stop right across the street.

BUT if going to Seoul is for pleasure. Nearby attractions are Lotte World and COEX. The other attractions are a bit of a travel. I think Ibis Myeongdong would be a better option.

Unique Quality: We got a double room for 2 people. Fits ok if you don't plan to stay in your hotel room most of the time. Bed's a bit soft for me, and you get extra pillow provided for free.

The toilet is equipped with a bidet, shower with hot and cold water, towels are provided. They only provide a shampoo/bathwash as hygiene product. So for those using specific products, bring them. Those that are not particular about this, there is a vending machine outside filled with shampoo, combs, cotton buds, etc.

The room has a flat screen tv but with few channels available, an electric kettle that i can't seem to turn on (but our floor got a water dispenser outside with hot/cold water) so we just go out and get the drinking water we need using the kettle provided.

Room got free wifi (pretty fast actually), a cable for internet, slippers. They provide laundry for a price, but you can also go to the basement for the coin-operated laundry machines.

One thing that got me was in case of emergency there was a mask for oxygen and a wire cable provided for "escape" via the window.

Directions: Ibis is behind POSCO Building. If you are taking the Limo Airport bus from Incheon, the bus stop is across the Hotel.

• AudiA5's Profile Photo

Fantastic

I stayed 2 nights from 25-27 Oct 2008 and fully satisfied with the hotel, for the value its charging. Its near the KCAT which makes transfers to hotel easy (I actually walked 2 blocks with my luggage), close to the metro station Samsoeng (I wish its a little bit closer).

Hot warm water on demand, nixce clean room, and free internet.

No complain what so ever.

• Thumbs-up to service

Hotel Ibis in Gangnam, Seoul, is a small hotel by any standard. (I believe there's another Hotel Ibis in Myungdong.) The rooms are compact. But it's exceptionally clean--not a speck of dust on any surface! My room smelled clean, too, which is more than I can say for some other bigger (and more expensive) hotels I've stayed in in other parts of the world. The toilet is really high-tech, too.

The hotel has a self-service coin laundry area, so this is a plus for those who don't wanna spend $15 on a clean shirt.

The best part, however, is the service. When I arrived in Seoul on a trip in October 2007, I fell ill (it was midnight). The night-duty manager very helpfully gave instructions to the hotel chauffeur and sent me to the ER. (THe hotel is near a big hospital.) He told me the driver would call him if there was no English-speaking doctor on duty. (Luckily there was.) After I was admitted to the ER, the driver wrote down the hotel manager's number for me. I spent a few hours in the ER, then called the hotel for my ride. The driver came back and took care of my release papers; he even picked up my medicines from the pharmacy.

I never got to say 'thank you' properly to the manager and the driver before I left, nor was I able to get their names, and I always regretted that. By writing this I hope I could somehow repay them for their kindness. I highly recommend Hotel Ibis in Gangnam, Seoul!

• symbiont's Profile Photo

Best value in Kangnam

Initially booked for 4 days. Extended my stay twice while there, with out any headache or fees. Clean, new and the housekeeping staff is very friendly. The spa massage quality has gone down since my last visit (no more hotwax treatment for aching feet) and the food and service is still mediocre in the restaurant.

Unique Quality: The heated roof garden is an added bonus for relaxing and making phone calls.

Directions: Near COEX center

• Erkmen's Profile Photo

Ibis Seoul

We have searched through the internet many hotels.. The rates that we have found were sohigh, but this hotel was offering relatively good prices.. Many ibis hotels in Europe are not good located and I hesitated before booking.. But this hotel appeared to be a perfect selection..

The hotel is located at the Gangnam-gu area.. I know it does not mean anything to you, if you are first to seoul, but this area is the main area in Yeongdong - jasmil district and close to many business center and shopping areas.. Just next to the hotel there are many restaurants and clubs.. So the location is very good..

Unique Quality: The hotel offers free internet service, which was very helpful for me.. If you have a laptop with you, you just get a cable fromthe reception to make your LAN connection from the room or if you dont have a lap top with you, you can use the hotels computers in the entrance free of charge..

The rooms are not big, but comfortable.. Breakfast isin the first floor with Korean and American alternatives..

• jeffjun's Profile Photo

Small but Cheap and Clean

The rooms were extremely small. I've never seen a smaller hotel room. In fact, I'm not sure if you want to call it a "Hotel room". If you need some space this is not the right hotel for you. On the other hand, it was very clean and cheap compared to other hotels in Gangnam. Consider staying here if you're not planning to stay indoors.

Directions: Daechi Dong

More about Hotel Ibis Seoul

Ibis hotel view - post snowIbis hotel view - post snow

Ibis Hotel view 7th floor room 712Ibis Hotel view 7th floor room 712

Ibis Hotel view 7th floor room 712 (post snow storIbis Hotel view 7th floor room 712 (post snow stor

Sejong or IBIS Myeong Dong

by Jolaz

Am deciding which hotel should I be staying? Sejong or IBIS Myeong Dong? The above 2 hotels comes in almost the same price, which one should I pick? in terms of room size, comfortable and convenience?

Re: Sejong or IBIS Myeong Dong

by olddude

Well, the Sejong has bigger rooms, right on top of a subway stop, and the airport bus comes right to it. However, it is a bit older and may not have some of the amenities of the Ibis, but it does have a gym. The Ibis has bigger windows and nicer views of Myeongdong and is a newer building, but you will have to do some walking from the closest airport bus stop and the nearest subway stop is a 5 minute walk. In terms of quality, I would give the nod to the Ibis, but in terms of convenience, the nod goes to the Sejong. Did that help?

Re: Sejong or IBIS Myeong Dong

by Jolaz

Yes, I know my decision. Thanks a lot for your detailed and valuable comments.

Comments