Seoul Hotels

Our Members Say

• Shizuka profile photo Shizuka
  • Reviews: 96

In winter season, the Korean type inns have 'Ondol (floor fire system)' make you stay comfortable. Check it out!!

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average

• MEdelmann profile photo MEdelmann
  • Reviews: 567

Minbak (Homestay): Living in a korean home

If you want to know koreans live, I will recommend you to
make 'minbak' (homestay). I enjoyed that very much. It was cheap and when I came back in the evening I could talk with anyone, because I travelled alone.
HOMESTAY FEE INFORMATION (from LABO Korea)
Pick-up-charge: from Incheon airport 70 U$
from downtown 20 U$

The basic programm is charging US$30 one person (includes Bed & Breakfast) each day.

For more information visit the following website:
www.labostay.or.kr
Email: homestay@labo.or.kr

The Shin family lives in a house. It has two floors. In the first floor there is the kitchen, the living room and a bedroom. In the second floor there a three bedrooms (one is for the guests). Each floor has a bath room.

The food was very excellent. I enjoyed 'Bulgogi' made by Mama Shin. It is a special kind of beef. You can also have a traditional korean breakfast if you want.

There are five family members: Father, mother, 2 daughters and a little dog (which was funny :-) )
Jin-ih is one of the two daughters.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Family Travel, Eco-Tourism
Tip Photo

The house of the Shin family

• j-san profile photo j-san
  • Reviews: 548

Hilton Hotel. The first time...

Hilton Hotel. The first time for me to stay at a major hotel, but there was something sadly sterile about the old-world upwardly-mobile decor...

Staff speak English and all the mod-cons you could want apart from the most essential: a CD player and hot water boiler... >;/ not impressed!

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average

• jeaniek13 profile photo jeaniek13
  • Reviews: 102
Depending upon the reason...

Depending upon the reason behind my visits, I stayed with relatives, in a dormitory, in a guesthouse, and in a hotel. I'd recommend staying close to the city center, Chong-no, as it allows you the comfort and ease of spending time in various parts of Seoul and knowing that it won't take you too long to return to your housing.
Most hotels range about $125+ USD per night. There are other alternatives, 'yogwans.' These are cheap places to stay, although I've never slept in one. There are many in the city center.

There are plenty of shops, restaurants, and sites surrounding Chong-no. Nearby are INSADONG (artsy area), MYUNGDONG (fashionable part of town), and CITY HALL.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written August 25, 2002

• moremaga profile photo moremaga
  • Reviews: 173

Guesthouse Korea: A fellow VT...

Guesthouse Korea: A fellow VT member, Startagain (thanks!) told me about the place before I went. I liked it very much. The people there are very friendly and helpful. The place is very nice and clean, the only thing is the bathrooms are kinda old. Other than that I highly recommend the place if you want an inexpensive place to stay. There are many new friends from around the world who are travelling in Korea and stay there just like you.
Around $20-25 US I think

• Opinion of Price: least expensive

• Kindra profile photo Kindra
  • Reviews: 600

The New Manhattan Hotel: The New Manhattan Hotel

I am not sure how to rate this as I haven't stayed elsewhere in Korea and I didn't pay for this hotel. Out of curiosity and consideration for other VT members I asked the bell hop the price for a night and he quoted me $100 US which perhaps seemed a little low to me...

It is in a fairly central region of the Seoul core and has a nice huge panoramic view of the city from its top floors. This is a higher class hotel and it is evident as you step through its doors greeted by porters who will carry your bags and a very lush lobby with flowers and marble. The hotel also has several different restaurants (western, Korean etc) and a night club. We took to exploring it.. heehee. The standard room seemed average to me with not too comfy double beds, a tv (one channel and pay per view), a wet bar (do not open up the tape unless you want to pay!) and an average but clean bathroom with toilet and deep bathtub.

• Opinion of Price: