Saerim Hotel

Agoda.com Orbitz.com Hotels.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 24% less and rated 14% higher than other 2 star hotels

• theguardianangel's Profile Photo

Saerim Hotel: one of the best

Saerim hotel is very hard to find in the internet and in the actual location.
    But I assure you that all the patience you've invested in finding it will definitely be gone!
    You have to book through the internet and enter your credit card number and pay instantly.
    You will be asked to print a voucher and that will be your receipt once you arrive in the hotel.

We arrived in Seoul in the morning when all the people are busy going to work while we are somewhat lost (again)... I think that the staffs in this hotel weren't able to clearly state the way on how to locate their address. I googled the map of Saerim Hotel and I saw this one:
    "take subway line 5 to Jongno 3 Ga - chang line 3 to Anguk station"
    So, what we did is to follow the instructions... we arrived in Anguk station and after this, we don't know where to go since there were no landmarks indicated on how to find it. The directions just stopped in Anguk station... with all the bags and luggage we carry, you'll not wish to see us looking very very exhausted! Actually, I'm not the kind of person who usually asked for help, I try to do my best until it's done. But in this situation, after reading the map over and over again... and after a numerous crossing of the streets... I finally gave up!

I saw this guy in corporate attire with bags on both hands and a coat on an arm... I think he speaks good in English, so what we did... we blocked his way and asked us to help to find the hotel. We find it funny though, because he was just going to work at that very moment when we blocked his way to the subway and he was seen by his colleagues assisting us with this matter! haha! But he said that he's out on a field work so it's okay. We're just so lucky I guess...

We walked to Insan-dong street, walked into 1 of the inner streets and then he called the hotel... then he said he thought we were on the right location. As far as I remember he called the hotel twice! And then he laughed saying... "your hotel is very hard to find."

At last, he was able to guide us on the very entrance of Saerim Hotel!
    We were so grateful for his effort, truly, Koreans are very helpful indeed!

Unique Quality: after all the endurance and effort to locate the hotel, the convenience is all we need!
    I presented the voucher to the receptionist then gave our room key, room 301.

We were very satisfied in the room! we got a very big tv, water dispenser, cups, 2 sachets of coffee, small ref w/ 2 juices, own bathroom w/ shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, body shower, towels.

having the sight of real comfort is very exhaustion free!!! the location is very near to Insan-dong, actually I think it's still within the Insan-dong but the only difference was the address since it was already on the other side of the street.

I almost forgot to mention, another sign that you're near the Saerim Hotel is that along the street going to Saerim Hotel, is the Sun bee Hotel which can be seen easily.

Directions: take subway line 5 to Jongno 3 Ga - chang line 3 to Anguk station, enter the Insan-dong street,
    continue walking until you see on your right side a small red colored arrow sign of "Saerim Hotel"

More about Seoul

Jongmyo ShrineJongmyo Shrine

the meat to be grilledthe meat to be grilled

Cleaning in a great styleCleaning in a great style

Feet on the subwayFeet on the subway

Trip to Seoul, south Korea

by mike2873

I am planning a trip to Seoul, south Korea this coming June 8, 2011 for 10 days together with my two daughters ages 13,12 for sightseeing and shopping
I like to know please what is the best 5 or 4 stars serviced apartments hotels to stay in that has the best location which is close to good restaurants ,malls, shopping centers and transportation .
and if you can also please suggest interesting places to visit.
thanks so much

by DSwede

If your only destination is Seoul, with the age spread of the family, I'd recommend the area of Insadong. The subway services it easily and with that you can get to virtually anywhere quite easily. Insadong has some nice historical points of interest, as well as arts and cultural points too. Its comfortable for westerners and gives more of a feel of Korea than if you were to stay in the expat heaven of Itaewon for example.

Feel free to visit my Seoul pages for a introduction with some tips in/around Insadong.

Or more generically the entrire Seoul guide:

by mike2873

Thank you so much for the information

by wingsunfurled

If you need info about Korea you can have a look at my website to get an idea :

Hope it can give you an idea...

Travel Tips for Seoul

Grit in the air

by karsten1964

Seoul is a beautiful city with friendly people. Many things to do - I loved the haggling and the great deals you can get (not so much on electronics - more on textiles).

Recommend you bring a surgical mask with you. some days, the sand from the north comes into the city, and the grit in the air can make breathing hard. a mask helps filter this out. Also, be careful if you wear contact lenses!

Korean Side Dishes

by emilytyc

This is a WOW! I still remembered, when I first went into a Korean restaurant, I was amazed at the amount of side dishes served! It could be between 8 to 20 side dishes depending on the restaurant.

These are actually cold dishes and most of it features the famous Kimchi!! You can see kimchi in the picture. Kimchi is actually spicy pickled cabbage, they are all red in colour.

You know what is the best thing?? ALL of these side dishes are FREE! Cooool....

Foodstands

by elPierro

There are many foodstands all through Seoul. The serve really good snacks and sometimes Koreans are willing to wait for ages if they know the serving is good. If you are a bit hungry, these are great possibilities to try out some Korean food and it's ridiculously cheap. Usually just 500W (no negotiating).

CURRENCY

by kiwigal_1

The money in Korea is called the Won. Its value is about 1000 Won to $1 US. It is either impossible or very difficult to change Won outside of Korea. When coming to Korea you may bring any currency with you although I found Japanese Yen or US Dollars to be the most convenient.

Sanitary items.

by seoulgirl

Bring some anti-bacterial toilettes and a little pack of toilet paper with you when you are touring around town. They come in very handy. I recommend this for anywhere in S.E. Asia. Bring some anti-bacterial toilettes and a little pack of toilet paper with you when you are touring around town. They come in very handy. I recommend this for anywhere in S.E. Asia.

Comments