84 Tenna Kumbura, Kandy, 20000, Sri Lanka

Earl's Regency
Agoda.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• Earls Regency Kandy first impressions

Very pleasant polite friendly front desk staff. Exceptionally efficient.
    Greeted with a warm towel and welcome drink.

Inability for their computer system to provide two swipe cards for each room is disappointing. For the Hotel management to accept such a restricted system from their IT people, shows incompetence or a lack of travel to experience how hotels do operate in the rest of the world!

Excellent interior and facilities in the rooms and in room dining was value for money, very tasty and quick.

Looking forward to the next three days!
    Carl

• Kandy's Best Hotel

Kandy Perahara Starts on Esala Full Moon Poya Day in July & finishes on Nikini Full Moon Poya Day on the month of August.
    If your looking for some place to stay may be try Earl's Regency Kandy(www.aitkenspencehotels.com/earls/).I have been there it's got excellent facilities(pool,gym,Spa, Satellite TV,Internet) & out door activities like bird watching,riding,cycling, excursions.The service is very good,friendly & fast to answer your call..Hope this helps

Here are the dates of the Kandy Perahara.
    2011-07-31 Kapsituvima (Planting of the ‘Kapa’)
    2011-07-31 to 2010-0 8-03 Perahera of the Four Devalas

2011-08-11 3rd Randoli Perahera
    2011-08-12 4th Randoli Perahera
    2011-08-13 5th Randoli Perahera
    2011-08-14 Day Perahera

Unique Quality: I visited Earl's Regency Kandy for the cold climate & the hills.There is a wonderful view from the hotel over looking Kandy.There are many cultural places such as Dalada Maligawa, Kandy Lake & Botanical Gardens.

Directions: Kandy Mahiyangana-Padiyatalawa High way

• optimusprime0184's Profile Photo

The best hotel in the town!!

The eearls regency is the best place to stay in kandy if your pockets are full for a five star hotel. This hotel is situated at a hill and the architecture is also unique and fused out in many wings. This hotel offers the best services in its class,known for its hospitality,this place is full of gardens to ponder around!! As it is situated in a hill the scenic view is great and it has to be at the cost it takes!! Overall its a very good hotel and worth staying once.Also you can get a wide selection of rooms from 20$ to 140$

Unique Quality: Great scenic views,hospitality,location,pool is also unique~~~

• yumyum's Profile Photo

Beautiful setting

This beautiful 5 star hotel is situated a bit outside Kandy. I stayed here on package tour through part of Sri Lanka. We also ate here in the hotel cafeteria which was lovely.

Unique Quality: There was a swimming pool.

More about Earl's Regency Hotel Kandy

The truth about the Earls Regency, from a 3rd timer at this Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member AndyandBrenda

The customer service is first class, it`s noticeably demonstrated by all employees, including supervisors and the general manager. They continually aim to please and nothing ever appears, to be to much trouble.

The locality of this hotel is set against the verdant backdrop of the knuckles mountain range. The views are truly breathtaking and this is something other hotels in the region, in my opinion, don`t capture so well.

All rooms are extremely well furnished, decorated and have good views. There are three classes of room, standard, deluxe and penthouse. I stopped in a standard room on my first two visits and just recently in a penthouse suite, and I have to say that I`ve always been delighted with the standard rooms. The penthouse suite was a treat for my 40th birthday, my wife booked it for us this October (2006) for five nights, whilst I played in the Sri Lankan Airlines Golf Classic at the Victoria Golf club, only half an hours drive away. If you are an amateur golfer, you`ve never lived until you`ve played at this course, in this 4 day event! Anyhow, the room rates are marvellous value, if you care to consider comparing them to similar rooms in New York or London.

I`ve stopped in a number of five star hotels across Sri Lanka over the past five years and have to say that this one always comes out on top. A lot of people who come to Sri Lanka, engage in cultural tours and pass through the Earls Regency because it is nicely sited in relation to many interesting sites, and this is how we actually discovered the hotel in 2001. You don`t necessarily have to book up on a dedicated cultural tour, the Earls Regency staff can accomodate ad-hoc visits to these sites, and in my opinion, some good ones include the "Lion Rock", "Elephant Orphanage", "Temple of the Tooth" and of course don`t forget about that breathtaking golf course I mentioned above.

We always stop on half board basis, and there is always a good selection of food on offer, to appease even the most picky of eaters, like myself, however for a minimal surcharge the hotel will rustle up almost anything for you if you give them prior notice. Half board basis is a negligble cost.

Sri Lanka - Absolutely fabulous!

by TripAdvisor Member fancyaholiday

My wife and I visited Sri Lanka to attend a close friends wedding in October 06. Following the wedding we spent 5 wonderful days in Kandy and enjoyed every minute of it. During this time we were invited to the Earls Regency Hotel in Kandy, by a Sri Lankan friend for lunch.

We were welcomed very warmly by polite staff and management and shown to the restaurant where our friends were waiting. The food was excellent and spoilt for choice! The Hotel location is beautiful and the view is breath taking especially over the river. We were so taken up with the place, we decided to spend a whole day at this hotel prior to our departure from Kandy. My wife and I had a wonderful time we will remember this experience for many years to come. We were pleasantly surprised for a personal goodbye from the GM amidst his busy work schedule. It was a lovely gesture and we felt out custom was valued. Highly recommended without any hesitation & hope to return soon.

great for honeymooners

We went to Earls regency for our honeymoon on Aug 2005
Hotel was really beautiful with scenic landscape and magnificant swimming pool.

We were so surprsied when they greeted us warmly and they even knew that it's our honeymoon !!! We were given a nice room . it was modern and comfortable with a balcony facing Mahaweli river. it was so romantic surrounding.

At the dinner they surprised us again by having flowers on our dinner table with congratulation messege. it was candle lit and so romantic..

Service given by the hotel staff was great and food was deliciouse as well.

I would recommend this hotel to all honeymooners.

Disappointing

by TripAdvisor Member whlsarah

We stayed at the Earls Regency in April this year, as part of a tour which also included the Kandalama hotel (part of the same group).

Our first impressions of the hotel were good. Check was easy and comfortable.

However when we were shown to our room our opinion changed.

To begin with our room was slightly shabby and we had 2 single beds. We couldn't move them together as they had a fixed bedside table.

In the bathroom the shower door was broken. We did ring to complain about this and they did attempt to fix it.

We went down to the pool and were disturbed by loud music blasting from the speakers. This apparently is part of their entertainment.

We decided to take advantage of the advertised 'mini golf'. We collected the putters, which were actually not putters at all and found the course. It consisted of 3 holes which were badly maintained with peeling paint.

To top it off they gave us a wake up call that we had not ordered at 6.30am.

The food was acceptable and we enjoyed the afternoon tea, even though noone else seemed to know about it!

Overall the hotel was not that bad, just not adequate considering the high rating and high pricing it has.

Stayed at better

by TripAdvisor Member Kirstdav

We stayed at the Earls Regency for one night as part of our Sri Lankan tour.

The hotel itself is quite large and the room we were allocated had a fabulous view over the river, a massive bed and was generally very comfortable. The bathroom was quite non descript but covered the basic needs.

Unfortunately from the moment we arrived we were subjected to renovation noises so we quickly left the room and settled by the pool which is really lovely and much quieter!

The food that evening was very nice although the puddings were pretty bland and the service was generally very friendly and polite.

We went back to our room around 10pm as we were being picked up early for the next day of our tour but there was karaoke going on in a bar directly underneath us which carried on until the early hours and was quite disturbing. We did call to ask if the noise could be turned down and although they readily agreed to this nothing was done.

All in all I think we paid a lot for our stay here and it really didn't match up to the Kandalama or the Beach.

A retreat from Kandy Central

by TripAdvisor Member YUKOR

The hotel is set in on one side of a lush green river valey about 15mins outside Kandy.

It looks very atmospheric as you appoach and drive up the winding road up to the entrance.

We liked this hotel very much, but it was a little rough around the edges compared to the Kandalama. The buffet breakfasts and dinners were very good, but service sometimes a little chatoic. Buying a bottle of water in the foyer involved 8pages of reciepts, telephone calls, general confusion with some 5-6 people making a contribution.

We went for a very spacious luxury room at one end of the hotel, which would have been perfect if it had had a view - but instead we looked out over a security fence. The rooms seemed somewhat over-served. There was always someone in our room when we returned from a trip. A telephone rung in the hall incessantly to the people stationed in the hallway in charge of wishing you good day every time you stepped out of your room.

Kandy is very busy, and we are pleased that after a hard day's sight seeing that we could get away from it all at the Earl's Regency - this is one of the hotel's major benefits. Hotels in the Kandy town centre looked nice, but it is somewhat of a madhouse there.

The swimming pool is great if you're wanting to take a day off.

Your travel agent may recommend that you take a driver to take you around Sri Lanka - and we would concur. However, you may end up paying through the nose for it. We were recommended to contact Ranjan by a friend, and we'd recommend him too. He spared no efffort in making our tour around Sri Lanka fantastic. He's on ---

Email address for the Eden Hotel in Beruwela?

by penfold1

Does anyone know of an email address for the Eden hotel? There isn't one on their website, another one that I found online doesn't work.

It seems strange for a hotel like that not to have an email contact.

Thanks :)

RE: Email address for the Eden Hotel in Beruwela?

by Nilanka

ashmres@aitkenspence.lk
thats the general address to aitken spence which is also the listed e-mail address for earls regency. if you cant contact them let me know and i can call them and find out what you require
cheers

Hi Nilanka,
I didn't think that the Eden hotel was part of that group, aren't they part of the Confifi group?

Thanks for the help though - I'll be in touch if I need you to contact them for me.

Yvette.

by Nilanka

I am so sorry. I was thinking abuot something else.

The e-mail address is: eden@confifi.net

Nilanka,