Sigiriya Hotels

Our Members Say

• anilpradhanshillong profile photo anilpradhanshillong
  • Reviews: 500

Kassapa Lion Rock Hotel: Sigiriya Fortress from a distance

Two individual cottages per one building, back to back, one large air-conditioned room with attached bathroom and a spacious verandah. The entire resort is spread over 5 acres with plenty of greenery around. A serious attempt (successful) has been made to give it a camp-like, resort-like feel. Spacious surroundings with gracious, efficient staff and multi-cuisine resataurant. Quite close to and a lovely view of the Sigiriya Fortress. Amenities include a full-size swimming pool and a gym. Hotel arranges for trip to the Rock, massages and other cultural tours.

Full-size swimming pool, a gym, view of the Sigiriya Fortress, spaciousness and greenery. A generous breakfast spread (complimentary).

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Spa and Resort, Family Travel
  • Written January 27, 2012

• HansDK profile photo HansDK
  • Reviews: 14

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Lion Rock Hotel: In touch with nature

The Lion Rock Hotel is a small hotel/guesthouse with only 8 rooms in 2 two-storey "bungalows", which are set in a nice garden. From the first floor balcony you have a nice view of Sigiriya Rock in the distance.

I stayed there for 2 nights as part of a trip to Minneriya National Park and a cricket match in Dambulla and I really felt at home.

Rooms are large with attached bathroom with hot and cold water. Upstairs rooms have AC and fan. Downstairs rooms are non-AC rooms with fan. All rooms have mosquito nets. I stayed in an AC room the 1st night (as that was the only available room), but did not use AC as the temperature was surprisingly low after a rainy day. Next morning I moved downstairs. Surprisingly I only noticed very few mosquitoes there.

The restaurant had really good and tasty food. Portions are more than adequate. They have 2 different menu cards - 1 for half board guests and 1 for a la carte guests. The latter has a greater choice.

The day I went to the cricket match I had lunch instead of dinner as part of my half board as it was a day/night match and we did not expect to be back before around 23:00. However, Sri Lanka had wiped out India already before 19:30, so I could have my dinner at the hotel. A very large portion (enough for 2) egg and chicken fried noodles was prepared in less than 20 minutes, and the price was great - LKR 475 only.

Sampath (owner), Dinesh (manager) and all the other staff are efficient, friendly, hospitable and helpful.

All in all the best value for money I ever had in my 48 visits to Sri Lanka.

• Related to: Arts and Culture, Budget Travel
  • Written September 25, 2010

NON-AC downstairs room

• chizz profile photo chizz
  • Reviews: 451

Kassapa Lion's Rock Hotel: New hotel in Sigiriya

Kassapa Lion's Rock is a great new hotel around a 20 minute drive from Sigiriya. Accommodation is in 31 small bungalow type lodgings which are clean and modern and even have a TV! (husband most pleased about this!). There is also a central open-air pool. Breakfast was included in our room rate and can be buffet style if enough guests are staying or prepared just for you if not. Ours contained fruit, toast, eggs any style, juice and coffee or tea - all very nicely prepared.
We also had an evening meal there which was a BBQ for all the guests - this was more expensive than usual and in my opinion, not very good (opinion voiced to head chef who told me that he could prepare me anything of my choice the following evening, which was nice I thought).
Staff were very friendly here and we enjoyed our stay and would visit again. Must add though that the location is fairly remote, so take supplies from the supermarket in if you do not want to purchase everything from the hotel.

Nice new accommodation with very large bathrooms - bungalow style. Friendly staff.

• Written April 8, 2009

Pool at Kassapa Lion's Rock Hotel

• siaki68 profile photo siaki68
  • Reviews: 112

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Grand Tourist Holiday Resort: Tranquillity and good food.

To the contrary of Grand Tourist Holiday Resort in Anuradhapura, this one is nice: basic but clean spacious rooms with air condition, mosquito net and hot water. A peaceful garden surrounds the rooms, where you can sit and listen the birds or the chants of the nearby Buddhist temple. Food is also very good.

• Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel, Women's Travel
  • Written May 15, 2007
Tip Photo

• nathicka profile photo nathicka
  • Reviews: 29

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sigiriya wetland lodge and spa: Nice hotel whit a nice view of the Sigiriya rock

A nice hotel whit good service and nice rooms.

Retauranr, spa, pool and more You can see the Sigiriya rock from the pool and restaurant

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written April 14, 2006

me outside the room

• Sambawalk profile photo Sambawalk
  • Reviews: 1601

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Acme Tourist Resort: A night in Habarana, 12 KM from Sigiriya

The hotel stay was part of my 8 day trip package as I specified the accommodation should be basic non-air con with fan and attached bathroom. It turned out to be OK only. The resort or hotel is dark inside and like a jungle.

You can view more pics of the room view and breakfast they serve. Dinner curry and rice Rs500. The most expensive one I had in Sri Lanka. A bottle of Lion lager is Rs250, also the most expensive. Coke Rs100.

They are very nice to the driver as he told me that he had his own room instead of usual dormatary for driver. He also had watermelon which I had not had in the whole trip in Sri Lanka. So the motto of the story is that you are paying for what your driver eats and sleeps.

I don't recommend this place.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written February 11, 2006

View from street

• freya_heaven profile photo freya_heaven
  • Reviews: 1730

% fh Pelwehera Village Hotel: Pelwehera Village Hotel

This hotel was quite a strange, but lovely place. It was set on a junction of a road, seemingly in the middle of nowhere.

The rooms were great, spotlessly clean, they had a Japanese feel to them. The restaurant was outdoor on a terrace over looking the surrounding countryside.

• Written April 13, 2004

Hotel Room

• jennifermueller profile photo jennifermueller
  • Reviews: 66

Inamaluwa Inn: Inexpensive place near Sigiriya

Our driver brought us to the Inamaluwa Inn after we didn't like the looks of the place we had booked in Dambulla. The rooms were reasonably clean, though dark because they hadn't replaced a bunch of light bulbs. I wouldn't want to hang out there but it was totally fine for one night.

The three of us stayed in one room that they called a "double" which had a single bed and two double beds pushed together. We negotiated a price higher than 2 in a double but cheaper than 2 rooms.

The food was decent and they were accomodating considering we arrived late and then wanted a very early breakfast so we could reach Sigiriya by 7am.

Most of the places listed in travel books for near Sigiriya or Habarana were expensive by Sri Lankan standards or the standards of budget traveller. This place was more reasonably priced and charged about 1/3 what the place next door, the Eden Garden, wanted for half board. (Rs. 3707 for 1 room, 3 dinners, 3 breakfasts, and bottled waters for our trip)

• Written January 17, 2004
Tip Photo

Fresco at Sigiriya, near this inn

• akikonomu profile photo akikonomu
  • Reviews: 467

Flower Inn: Sleep in a Mosquito Net

Followed the LP recommendation.

Costs Rs650 for a double room and Rs150 for breakfast comprising of 2 eggs (done in your choice), about 6 large pieces of toast bread with butter and jam and a pot of tea. Add 10% service charge and another 10% tax on top of all that.

The room isn't your idea of luxury. Shared the room with 2 frogs. The bathroom shower trickles miserably so we had to fill the bucket with water from the basin and pour over ourselves -- no hot water too. Anyway, it's way too hot there to bathe with hot water. Brushed our teeth with mineral water (Rs 50 for 1.5l sold by the inn and elsewhere) as an extra precaution.

The owner was friendly though as she tried to make us as comfortable as possible. Also kindly reminded us to equip ourselves well for the climb in the morning. The price and hospitality makes up for the living conditions.

A real feel of rural living.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking