Credible Wildlife Tour Operators
There are many well trained and experienced Tour Operators in Sri Lanka.. Each tour operator will have their own structure and unique methods of entertaining the customer.. The Tour generally accommodates the cost of::
1) Traveling (Which will always be several hundred Km (Since your going to the North-Central, Central, South-East, West-Central; the cost is going to be above $200/- including Safaris)
2) Accommodation (Generally $35/- P/Night without food)
3) Tour Guide ($50 P/Day) --> (He has to lodge, eat/drink as well :-)
4) Meals - Breakfast+ Lunch+ Dinner (Budget it @ $20 P/Day; Average)
5) Extra meals, snacks ($10 P/Day)
On the other hand, what if you did this alone and all by yourself? - would that be cost effective? The real answer would be, are you willing to risk not seeing many of the wild wonders that are mostly known by the local naturalist?
If you said yes, then the following budget could be applied:
1) Traveling (Which will always be several hundred Km (Since your going to the North-Central, Central, South-East, West-Central; the cost is going to be above $100/- including Safaris)
2) Accommodation (Generally $30/- P/Night without food)
3) Tour Guide (None) --> :-)
4) Meals - Breakfast+ Lunch+ Dinner (Budget it @ $12 P/Day; Average)
5) Extra meals, snacks ($3 P/Day)
This was the budget I made when I went to the South-East.. And it worked :) Mostly :-)
These are the credible Tour Operators you can check out. (Many of them accommodate the option of Wildlife exploration)
1) Walk with Jith (www.walkwithjith.com) is a rising Wildlife Tour Operator that I have come across several times in the past.
3) www.adventurelanka.co.uk (Done by my friend Ruban.J.) He has a planned Wildlife Tour 14days /$1200/- only- including elephants, leopards, birds, bears etc etc).. I'm sure he can make you a personalized package for 10days (Birds only) if you like...
4) www.jetwing.com (Hotels & Tour Operator for Sri Lanka)
5) www.jetwingeco.com (Wildlife & Eco Tour Operator for JetWing Hotels)
Although there are many more Eco Tour Operators in Sri Lanka, the above list comprises of the top well known Eco-Tour operators!