Aquarius Sports Resort
Beach Road, Marawila, Sri Lanka
- Very Good
More about Marawila
just booked a holiday in Marawila but have been reading a lot about the trouble Sri Lanka seem to be having re:terrorism. has anybody been or does anybody know how safe MArawila is?
Tourists and tourist areas have never been directly tagettted. As a precaution, avoid public transport, military bases, government buildings, large gatherings etc.
When you arrive at Marawila, you will laugh at yourself for having any fears beforehand. It is the most delightful place and feels miles from any of the world's problems.
There is very little chance of being caught-up in the fighting (which is well to the north of where you are) and if you can handle Warrington on a Saturday night you’ll be ok with a medium sized civil war. Seriously though, tourists have never been a target, the LTTE needs all the support it can get from overseas, it has so far avoided upsetting foreign governments by killing their nationals.
I made my way along this part of the coast earlier this year, security was a little tighter than south of the capital but unless you travel by public transport you will hardly notice it and you’ll be safe as houses inside the resort.
I wouldn’t avoid public transport altogether it’s part of the fun and you’ll probably want to venture out a little.
As Hans has already said keep away from large gatherings, I tend to stay clear of Colombo generally because it’s a pretty unpleasant place with or without terrorists, otherwise there isn’t really much to say – statistically you are more likely to be injured by a falling coconut than by a terrorist so don’t stand under coconut trees taking pictures of army bases and you’ll be fine.
Explore the World
- Sunset Beach Resort
- Alcove Resorts
- Areca Lodge
- Shangri-La Hotel Hangzhou
- El Cortez Hotel & Casino
- Homewood Suites Sudbury Ontario
- Induruwa Beach Resort
- Amaraigua Hotel
- First In Last Out
- Days Inn Birmingham Airport
- Hotel Quinta do Sol
- Crowne Plaza Coogee Beach
- Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga
Latest Marawila hotel reviews
- Club Palm Bay Hotel
- 287 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 5, 2013
- Marawila: Book without the gamble!
- Tingo.com If prices drop after you book, Get Money Back automatically!
- Save money, Book now !
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
- Plenty of choices
- Agoda.com Save up to 75%, Don't miss! Live support, Instant confirmation.
- Great Rooms. Great Rates.
- Travelocity Hotel rooms at up to 50% off.
Aquarius Sports Resort
We've found that other people looking for this hotel also know it by these names:
- Aquarius Sports Hotel Marawila
Address: Beach Road, Marawila, Sri Lanka