Bandarawela

Bandarawela Hotel
Expedia.com Agoda.com Travelocity

Costs 55% more than similarly rated 2.5 star hotels

• PierreZA's Profile Photo

I will come back to this hotel

The Bandarawela Hotel is very centrally located in the town. It is very nice hotel and I really enjoyed my stay here.
    The room reminded me a bit of a room dating from days gone by, but is very charming.
    The hotel is also eco-friendly and ‘green’ in their approach.
    They serve very good food.

Unique Quality: I had to leave Bandarawela before breakfast to get on the bus to Matare. I was given a very nice breakfast in a box to take with me. It had sandwiches, juice, water, fruit and off course, something sweet (cake).

• Oscar_Nonis's Profile Photo

Bandarawela Hotel

Bandarawala Hotel is the First Mountain Resort to be built by Britishers 100 Years ago.It has 35 Rooms with a quaint old world charm

Directions: 210 Kms from Colombo and 230 Kms from Colombo International airport.

More about Bandarawela

Bandarawela Hotel. It was...

by Tamani

Bandarawela Hotel.
It was wonderful to stay there. Nice beds, nice food beautiful patio and gardens. Funny thing happened one day at breakfast. A bus arrived and out came dozens japanese tourists (white gloves, hats and full of cameras). They started taking pictures of the hotel and the garden. After 15 minutes they were all loaded in again and left...

Old Colonial Charm in Bandarawela

by PierreZA about Bandarawela Hotel

The hotel is also eco-friendly and ‘green’ in their approach.

They serve very good food.

Reading the review in the 'Footprint Guide' - I cannot believe they describe the same hotel - the hotel is much better than their review. The rooms are not close to the Mosque which is not noisy as described. The rooms are not cramped, I sometimes wonder what people expect? Lovely rooms
Centrally located
Well trained staff

They have a very good website

Colonial style restaurant

by chizz about Bandarawela Hotel

We had lunch twice at Bandarawela Hotel on our way back to Ella. The restaurant serves tasty food at reasonable prices in nice surroundings with colonial charm. Club sandwich with fries!

Bandarawela Hotel - security manBandarawela Hotel - security man