Haputale Hotels

Our Members Say

• MGeorge profile photo MGeorge
  • Reviews: 1

Olympus Plaza Hotel: The Best Hotel in Haputale

I stayed 3 Days in Haputale, It was Lovely...
"Olympus Plaza Hotel" the only Hotel in Haputale. Very clean, and maintained Place. Rooms are very specious. In my double room I had a TV, Telephone, Hot Water Shower, Private Balcony.

It was relaxing...the best thing is the Scenery of Southern province of Sri Lanka. Its called the Haputale Gap...it is very large Gap. Surrounding was very beautiful.

The Hotel has a nice Bar with my kind of collection :) its called the "Dionysus Bar", and the restaurant is called "Erechtheum Restaurant" serves Western, Continental, Eastern and Oriental cuisine. But never the less the Sri Lankan Rice & Curry here is Excellent.

The Staff is well trained and they were very polite to me. All are in a Smiling face...its was nice.
Specially the owner Mr. Lasitha helped me with the trekking. I was introduced to "Loga", He is a very good guide and a very nice man in Haputale. The Hotel has their own Taxis and Vehicles for Touring in and around Haputale...but best thing is to Walk.

The TEA served here is excellent...Best service and Hospitality. I will recomend this to any one. Even the pricing is reasonable.

Thank you Lasitha and Loga.

They have a Kids Park, Beautiful Terrace, and a Great Site.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written March 11, 2009

Famous Haputale Gap

• Maxus profile photo Maxus
  • Reviews: 184

Dias Rest AKA The White Monkey Guest House: Stuuning Spot - Lovely Family

An impossibly cheap, detached accommodation with a working family in a stunning, comparatively isolated and hugely atmospheric mountain-side position.

There is a cottage with two double beds and a lived-in feel to it, I preferred the simply furnished family rooms (also two double beds) all have bathrooms with shower and toilet. It is incredible value for money, I questioned the bill because I thought Dias had simply not charged me enough.

The views all around are second to none and the cool mountain air comes as a blessed relief from the heat of the lowlands, my one regret is that I was only able to spend two nights here, this is a real gem of a place and I will be back.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Backpacking, Hiking and Walking, Mountain Climbing
  • Written January 24, 2009

• Maxus profile photo Maxus
  • Reviews: 184

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Amarasinghe guesthouse: Amarasinghe: as good as it get

Probably the best night's sleep I've had anywhere in Sri Lanka.

Spotlessly clean, friendly but unobtrusive, good food (varied menu) and it’s not expensive either, if you’ve spent the day in the hills or on the train and need some comfort it’s got to be Amarasinghe. One of the best guesthouses I ever stayed at, there’s no bar but if you buy some beer from one of the wines stores in town, Mr Amarasinghe is happy to let you drink it in the lounge.

Its an easy walk from the town but not so easy to find in the dark so if you telephone in advance Mr Amarasinghe will pick you up from the railway station or bus stand.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Trains, Hiking and Walking, Mountain Climbing
  • Written January 23, 2009
Tip Photo

• hydronetta profile photo hydronetta
  • Reviews: 903

Amarasinghe Guesthouse: Highly-highly recommended

Now this is the best value I would ever stay in my whole life. For 800 SLR a spacious room on the 1st floor, double bed (just for myself!!) ensuite bathroom, spotlessly clean, nice furniture and a small balcony with a view. The whole establishment was kept tidy, the communal areas were extremely well-run and the restaurant served decent food. Highly-highly recommended. Excellent value for money.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written September 9, 2006

room interior

• shiva70 profile photo shiva70
  • Reviews: 8

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

cues-ta inn: Haputale's best view

I spent 4 fantastic days in Haputale and I loved this guesthouse. The rooms are very simple, but they have a bathroom with hot water ( very important, the temperature is quite low here ) and a balcony from which you can enjoy a breathaking view of one of the haputale gaps. This is a very good place for the budget traveller: cheap ( only 500rs ), clean, the owner is very friendly and it's in the middle of the tea plantations.

The veranda it's fantastic!!

• Opinion of Price: least expensive