3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

More about Club Bentota

Vacation in Bentota

by joeyrod

"Bentota"

Bentota,in the southern part of Sri Lanka is 90 km from Sri Lanka's international airport and 60 km from Colombo. With a view of the Indian ocean and the Bentota river it's gotta uniqueness of it's own. Bentota is the water sports capital of Sri Lanka. With it's beautiful beaches it's a ideal tourist destination. Even natives use Bentota as a holiday spot and many visit it at every opportunity they get,thus making Bentota real party hub.

"Visiting Bentota"

I visited Bentota last December(2010) just before Christmas.I was there for four fun filled days.Had fun,Chilled out.It was a great trip.

"Accommodation Bentota: Club Bentota"

My Accommodation in Bentota was at Club Bentota www.clubbentota.com .
Club Bentota is a beach resort located in the south west coast of Sri Lanka. There is a wide choice of accommodation and I went for a suite. There are restaurants for dining at the resort which includes a bar or you can opt to have your meals on the barge. Being renowned for water sports it's a great place to try your skills in the water.
The sports center at Club Bentota has jet skis, water skis, surf boards, speed boats much more. The Jet skis was my favorite there is something about going at speed with the cool sea breeze blowing on to you. Water is must for any one visiting Bentota. All the water sports was done by the resort it self,which makes it easy...you don't have to go all over looking for different things you need to do. Club Bentota also offers a number of activities like swing pool,high speed Internet,Indoor and out door games,Spa and much more.
I was able to witness a beach wedding which was beautifully done,later I found out all arrangements can be made by the resort itself.
So I gotta say it was a fun filled adventure and by staying at Club Bentota wonderful relaxing experience. And if your looking for accommodation in Bentota I suggest you give Club Bentota a try. So for any one who want to have some fun under the sun,with beautiful beaches and exiting water sports Bentota is the place to be.

Club BentotaClub Bentota

by elu69

We stayed at the Club Bentota last February. We had such a brilliant time there and we were wondering if anyone could tell us the exact damage that occured to it.
We will be returning to Sri Lanka in August/Sept this year, staying at the Bentota Beach Hotel where we hope to get married on or about August 25th.

Thankyou

Hi Oscar
Thanks for your reply. We know that there was hardly any damage at the Bentota Beach where we will be staying this year, but we were under the impression that the Club Bentota was practically wiped out!
We sincerely hope that we ARE wrong.

by fionap99

Hi there,
We are going to get married at the Bentota beach ourselves this August (26th!) so friends have been trying to book at the Club Bentota and others. As far as we know the Club Bentota has been damaged extensively and it is unknown if and when it will re-open - sorry! As far as your wedding goes - if you do get married at the Bentota beach we'll probably see you there - but it should be fantastic, everything is fine at the Bentota beach, I think the watersports centre is still closed but it is due to re-open shortly. Everything else is business as usual. Hope it all goes well for you!

by larryworn

Hi there

Hi
Thanks for your reply and your offer to send us photographs of the club.
Would you please be kind enough to send them to venetiawoodiwiss901@hotmail.com

Many Thanks

by coey4mol

Hi guys,

We were staying in Club Bentota at Christmas, but fortunatly we went out for the day on 26th, so were not directly affected. As far as we know, everybody in the resort was ok, but there was alot of damage caused. However, there were lots of stories and not much fact!
We are heading back out there on Friday, which we are really looking forward to. We hope to meet up with people we met there. Also, we will know for sure what is happening with Club Bentota. We will let you know what things are like out there when we get back.

Michelle and Paul

HI Guys

Just wondering if you are back from Bentota and can fill us in with any details as to the situation out there.

We are due to go out there soon and would appreciate any news you may have
Thanks

by Suekev

We are due to go to Club Bentota on 1st December 2006 with some friends for 2 weeks holiday. We are quite concerned about various issues, we believe that renovation is going on at the moment, we have been advised by Hayes and Jarvis that this will be completed by the end of October 2006. They have informed us that they are still sending people to Club Bentota and no complaints have come back.

Does anyone know how these renovations are going, if so will they be completed by the end of October? It is a long way to travel not knowing what you will be met with once you arrive. We also hear about a Bentota Beach hotel which is also undergoing refurbishment, and we are wondering if it is the same hotel.

Any information would be much appreciated

by DAVIDJSTOCKWELL

Hi
Club Bentota, and Bentota Beach are indeed two separate hotels!

Club Bentota has now finished all refurbishments and open fully, so you should have no problems here, Bentota Beach however has deferred thier refurbishment until May next year, but has changed names too Cinnamon Beach.
Hope this helps
Regards
Dave

by laufen

We just stayed at Bentota Beach Hotel for 3 weeks and it was WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!! Highly recommend it. I didn't see any refurbishment going on (July 16-August 5) and it looked in top shape. We had one of our best holidays here. Excellent food and very pleasant rooms and surroundings. We went on an all-inclusive basis.

What is the damage at Club Bentota?

by Kiss31xx

We are due to fly out to Sri Lanka in July on our honeymoon,

We are due to stay at the Club Bentota.
Was wondering how much damage has been done to it?

We dont want to change our Honeymoon, So far been told it should re-open in May, but its not that long until we are due to fly over there.

Any body know the amount of damage to it or arround that Area?.

Many thanks

Our hearts and prays go out to each and everyone involved in this. We are all strong and hoping we will all get thought it.

Yours very Thankfully

Gill and Jezz (UK)

Re: What is the damage at Club Bentota?

by stormy69

Hi Gill and Jezz
I am afraid this hotel was very badly damaged. However i believe it will probably be refurbished and operating normaly long before July. I would strongly recomend though that you keep in close contact with your tour operator for updates.
Chris

Re: Re: What is the damage at Club Bentota?

by sengen

Dear Gill & Jezz,
Club Bentota has been badly affected by Tsunami tidal waves. As I have visited the location after the tragedy it is doubtful wheather they would be able to re open the Hotel even by end of year 2005. Some how I wish to advise you to find an alternative Hotel if you are really planning to be in Sri Lnka within this year.

Best Wishes,

Sengen

RE: What is the damage at Club Bentota?

by larryworn

Hi there

We got married at the Club Bentota in November last year & I am in contact with our wedding planner from the club & he says that the club was severely damaged & it looks like they will have to completely rebuild the Club he hopes it will open again this year but does not think so, but saying that I myself have booked up to go back to the Club in November so they are taking bookings for it so from that I would think that they are hopeful of getting it open this year, he has sent me photos of the Club I can send them to you if you like just contact me.

RE: RE: What is the damage at Club Bentota?

by Arenea

I was wondering whether you went to Club Bentota in the end? We are due to get married there in February 2007. Any information you have about the hotel would be greatly appreaciated.

Comments