Koggala Beach

thilanka hotel(Kandy)
Peacock...

by vicky_cannae

thilanka hotel(Kandy)
Peacock beach hotel (hambantota)
Koggala beach hotel (koggala) ik Thilanka Hotel you have a fantastic swimming-pool with a great view

Nice hotel whit a nice view

by nathicka about Koggala beach

I really really recommend this hotel!

The service att this hotel was in general good. But the day my mom got sick it was great. The staff was wonderful and helped out 100%

The food was not as hot as in other hotels but it was very tasty anyway and you could allways get some chilli on the side.

The room was ok but could nead some paint. And as the hotel is right on the beach, THE VIEW WAS GREAT!

The beach was the most beautiful I´ve ever seen. But I could do whitout all the tuk-tuk drivers 24-7 :-)

The only thing I missed was that their is allmost nothing in walking distance from the hotel. Only about 10 shops mostly food shops You get a nice view,pool,fridge in the room,fruitbasket on arrivel, nice all-inclusive food, good service and alot of tuk-tuk drivers at this hotel

Pool area at koggala beach hotelPool area at koggala beach hotel

koggala beachkoggala beach

Me att koggala beachMe att koggala beach

Stilt fisherman at KoggalaStilt fisherman at Koggala

koggala beach

by fabric01

stayed at the Bentota beach hotel last September and thoroughly enjoyed it. We made friends with a local and are going back this September to visit her. She lives in Galle so we chose the Koggala beach hotel because it is nearer and because of budget. Does anyone have any info on the hotel and the area? i've only read two reveiws so far and one of them was a little worrying.

by Nilanka

I do know the owning family of Koggala Beach resort. if this can me of any help please feel free to contact me

by fabric01

well I just wanted to know what the hotel is like, has it been re-furbished after the tsunami and what is the food like etc. I don't suppose you could arrange a good room for us could you? we have a three year old. Our booking is in the name of Philbrick from 20th september
thanks lynne

by Nilanka

well i can see what i can do. the hotel is good and and has been operational fr some time since the tsuanmi. do send me some details via e-mail: nilankap@sltnet.lk and I will see about your booking and if i can get u something betetr

by boutiquesrilanka

Koggala beach was hit quite hard and in answer to your question, no its not very great. If you want all inclusive package holiday its average. If you want some thing rather more classy and less chain like, then I know some great boutique hotels close by to galle but on the beach. Drop me a line on lindsay.howard@ntlworld.com

Hope that helps

koggala beach

by nathicka

I´m going to Sri Lanka in january at first we are going for a "round trip" of the island and then we are going to stay at Koggale beach. Please tell me what beach is like and what the hotel is like and if the food their is ok??? Because we have made plans for all inclusive their.

by Oscar_Nonis

Hi,

Its nice hotel in South of Sri Lanka and its another general hotel with all standard facilities

They offer most of western and Sri Lankan style foods.

Try some of typical Sri Lankan foods and ask about added hot spices. Because some you have hard time with our hot spices

if you need any further info about Sri Lanka dont hesitate to contact me.

please visit my pages and rate my tips as you wish

Best regards

Oscar

by Treshi

Hi,

As Oscar says, its a nice hotel down south and they are very good in their food preparations. You can actually request your choices of food accordingly adn the hotel will surely accomodate your request. The hotel is well aware of most tourists not been able to adjust to hot curries as per Sri Lankas and they will welcome your suggetions always. Make a request at your first meal to be on the safe side or even at the time of you checking in as this will give them an idea of your kind of food and ample to time to get ready with it.

The beach is fairly ok but you should always make sure of your own safety. Always consult the hotel if its safer to take a swim or not as they will be in a better position to advise you on this. Other than that, the hotel iself is situated in a nice spot and I'm sure you will enjoy all facilities of this hotel.

Have a great time in Sri Lanka.

Regards.

Treshi, Colombo, Sri Lanka.

Koggala beach on the 21th of august: good idea for a first visit in Sri Lanka?

by wendy2

HI,
my boyfriend and me really want to vist Sri Lanka.
unfortunately, flights are full or very expensive.
we have a proposition to come on the 21th of august 2004 but in a pakage with the hotel Koggala Beach Resort.
I know it's a bit late to ask these questions but I would like to know :
- if it's a great place
- if it is OK in august because it is on the south west coast ( what about weather? the sea?)
- if it's easy to visit around the island from this place.

I hope you will help me to take a decision
thank you very much.

by suemac

Hi
You will have a journey of about 140km from the airport which could take you 5 hours or more depending on the traffic.

The coast around that area is beautiful and protected by a reef so should be alright for swimming and snorkelling. You will probably get some rain.

The area is quiet, but the hotel has a good write up in the Lonely Planet guidebook

Yala National park is near to you but is closed until about 24th August. From there you could travel to the hill country, tea plantations, Kandy and Pinnewala elephant orphanage. Touring you would have to stay overnight.

The cultural triangle is further north of the country and quite a journey.

Best time to visit is November to May.

Regards
Sue

Re: Re: Koggala beach on the 21th of august: good idea for a first visit in Sri Lanka?

Hello,

Personally I think you should skip the trip and try and organize yourselves better before you visit. You wont be able to see anything Sri Lanka has to offer from Koggala.

Nilanka