Bodhi Mawatha, Wella Wathuara, Godellawela, Tangalle, Sri Lanka

Tangalla BeachTangalla Beach

Our room in TangallaOur room in Tangalla

Sunrising over TangallaSunrising over Tangalla

by TMANPOOL

Anyone have any info on the new Amanwella resort? Also how are the beaches in Tangalle.
Thanks for all your help.

RE: Amanwella

by boutiquesrilanka

Yes I know of it - its superb. I know the management and can arrange a booking there for you at half price this year. the beach there is superb. I also know the management at Amangalle and could again get you 50% discount.

If you are interested drop me an e-mail or give me a call 0870 833 3838

Luxury Beach Huts

by refugecamp

Hi Everyone,

I am heading to Colombo on 18th June and we arrive early in the morning. It is my girlfriends birthday on the 21st June which is also the same day that she find outs if she is going to be a Doctor or not! So I want to do something quite special for it, ideally find a really nice but quite luxurious Beach Hut right on the beach type accomodation to stay in for a couple of nights over this time. Not too interested in staying in a big resort, but would like something quite special (but not ridiculously expensive!) looking to pay around $150 per night (if thats possible). Ideally it would be quite secluded, pretty chilled out but quite a high standard and where we can also get some good romantic meals. I'm such a sucker....

Also, this is quite near the beginning of our trip so after landing in Colombo I guess we wont want to go too far away for this only to miss out on some stuff on the way along the coast. Heard Negombo isnt too nice, is Bentota worth a go?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Stefan

by LankanDude

I don't think it's possible to find a small luxury place for $150.
For that price you can get a luxury room at a resort.
But it you are looking for places like Saman Villas or AmanWella they start from around $350 per night.
Given below are some places like that. But little expensive than $150

www.amanresorts.com/wella/home.htm
www.samanvilla.com
www.aditya-resort.com

I also search for a place like that (with a small private pool) for around $150, but had no luck.
Anyway let's see what other have to say. :-)

by Treshi

HI,

I agree with the above post..you maybe able to get a room in a luxury hotel down south or Negombo for that price.

Pls try `The Beach' which is run by the Jetwing group as well `The Herritance' the talk of the town hotel in Ahungalla which was recently opened. They are very much within your budget and these hotels are wonderful.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Treshi, Colombo, Sri Lanka.

by ThamaraSD

Try this place, this is about 4 hrs drive, bur worth the trip. Very secluded and very very beautiful and romantic. Stop some where for lunch and do a little sight seeing and before you know it you'll be on one of the most beautiful beaches you have ever seen. Have fun.

by Maxus

You do not really want Negombo, you could check out this place which I can recommend as being secluded, pretty chilled out but quite a high standard and where you can also get some good romantic meals etc

Let us know how you get on

Travel Tips for Tangalla

Mihintale - Minneriya - Polonnaruwa - Sigiriya - Galle - Hikkaduwa - Tangalla

Unawatuna - Colombo - Negombo

Tangalla

by kentishgirl

Tangalla was before the Tsunami a thriving tourist resort. When I visited in April 2006 I was shocked to find that my partner and I were two of approx six tourists in the entire town.
Tangalla is rebuilding, there is a lot of work going on, they now just need to visitors - so please go and visit this beautiful little resort when you are in Sri Lanka.

Tangalle, mon amour

by shiva70

The bay of Tangalle is one of the best of Sri Lanka: the sand is pink and the colour of the water is a mix of green, blue and torquoise. You just have to find a palm tree that you like and....you could stay there forever!
The touristic place of Tangalle ( Medaketya ) is really damaged after the tsunami: a few guesthouses are open but all the area looks like a battlefield of a war. It's not difficult to imagine what happened here on St.Stephen's day.
People is very nice and they are working hard trying to rebuild this town and to leave this terrible experience behind although they don't get much help from their government ( and where are all that money promised by western goverments? ).

The very south of SL

by tommix

Tangalle (I don't know why VT spell this name with an "a" at the end) is a small touristic village at the most southern point of Sri Lanka. You can find there endless, beautyful and uncrowded beaches...

Comments