Tangalla Hotels

Our Members Say

• DSwede profile photo DSwede
  • Reviews: 1739

Lagoon Paradise Beach Resort: Comfortable stay on expansive beach

Of all the places that I dropped my head to sleep in Sri Lanka, this is the only one that I believes warrants any special mention. The property is not spectacular as an all-inclusive five-star resort, but it is clean, has a great pool, nice beach table dining, a lagoon with kayaks to paddle and a relatively endless beach to explore. The negatives would be that it is ~5km from town, so unless you have transport, it is relatively isolated. That can be taken as good or bad depending on your point of view.

Breakfast is included. If you have a driver, driver's quarters are provided.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Road Trip, Beaches
  • Written January 26, 2014

Suites at the Lagoon

• kentishgirl profile photo kentishgirl
  • Reviews: 1390

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Blue horizon Guest House: Good Budget accommodation on the beach

There were so few tourists when we visited Tangalla that at times it felt spooky. A lot of accommodation here was washed away by the Tsunami, and although some places have since been rebuilt, they have a long way to go.

Our hotel has been rebuilt and was modern and comfortable, but sitting right next door was a shell of an old home.

Our room was clean and comfortable, equipped with a fan and our own bathroom along with a mozzie net covering the bed (Essential in these parts!)

We had a nice sized balcony with fabulous views.

The food in the restaurant here was great too, breakfast was included in the price of our room.

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel, Beaches
  • Written April 11, 2007

Our room in Tangalla

• shiva70 profile photo shiva70
  • Reviews: 8

Namal Garden: On the beach

When I was there this guesthouse was actually closed and I was the only guest. The manager ( very nice man ) said that it will be open in may or june.
The rooms of the second floor are very nice and clean. And the sea it's just 10 metres from your balcony. And the view is really wonderful...
The price of the rooms should be around 800/1000rs.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written May 5, 2005
Tip Photo

the view from the balcony

• shiva70 profile photo shiva70
  • Reviews: 8

Namal Garden: On the beach

The price of the rooms should be around 800/1000rs.

• Written May 5, 2005
Tip Photo

• tommix profile photo tommix
  • Reviews: 90

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Palm Paradise Cabanas: wooden cabanas on paradise beach!

It's really a magnificent place - a couple of Germans bought, in 1980, a palm grove next to the splendid sandy Goyambokka beach. They wanted to preserve this piece of paradise on earth from a big hotel-block project. And it worked! Now they have 22 wooden cabanas on stilts, all with bathrooms and spacious verandas, and everything is just a few meters from the moste beautyfull beach I've seen in Sri Lanka. You can see the picture in my travelogue.

Tsunami update: This hotel is open and operating normally.

Staying there I had really an impression to be far away from the civilisation, and mass-tourism industry. The cabanas are in the palm grove, and all the time you can hear a calming noise of waves.
All the rates are on the half-board basis and the food is very, very good.
I had there also the best ever ayurvedic massage!
Without any doubt - my best experience in Sri Lanka.
If you're not a beach freak (like me) you can always rent a motorbike or bicycle to explore the surroundings...

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Beaches, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written December 30, 2003
Tip Photo

Palm Paradise Cabanas - that's how it looks!

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful