Tissamaharama Hotels

Our Members Say

• MalithS profile photo MalithS

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Isuru Homestay: best homestay in srilanka

isuru homestay is really homely experienced place which has nice rooms and garden.rooms includeing air conditioning and hot water makes your stay more comfortable!beautiful food cooked by the lady you must try!

• Related to: Backpacking, Safari
  • Written November 7, 2013
Tip Photo

front of the bed and breakfast.

• IanSel profile photo IanSel

Rejina Holiday Home - Tissamaharama: Special Guest House

I found Rejina Holiday Home by luck. Its near the lake and wonderful bird watching and walks within 10 minutes. Also game reserve trips, booking etc. Lovely hostess, and quality dinner and breakfast. Beautiful grounds, I would highly recommend this to anybody staying here near Yala game reserve.

Indu is a special host who cares about her guests and really goes an extra mile. She also encouraged me to visit Tangalla, areas I would not have known about otherwise

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written February 5, 2013

• tayloretc profile photo tayloretc
  • Reviews: 287

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Priyankara Hotel: Better than its ranking

This is a very pretty, quiet hotel outside the center of town. The food was good, the service was good, the room was fine – no complaints. The bathroom was perhaps a little small, but I’d say it is better than its 3-star ranking, and makes a great base for visiting the surrounding wildlife parks and Katarangama.

There is a surprising amount of information about this hotel online.

• Written January 12, 2010

• HansDK profile photo HansDK
  • Reviews: 14

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Chandrika: Good value for your money

Hotel Chandrika is a good base to visit Yala National Park and the temples in Kataragama. Both place are approx. 20 mins drive away.

The hotel does look of much from the main road.

The room with ac & fan was clean and nicely decorated.

Food was good and plentiful.

The staff were pleasant and helpful, If your driver has not already organized a jeep & driver to take you to Yala the staff can help with hiring one.

Hotel Chandrika is a bargain. I paid LKR 3500/night for room with half board.

The hotel has a nice garden with a nice pool.

Rooms have TV with cable channels (some in English).

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel, National/State Park, Photography
  • Written March 8, 2009

• siaki68 profile photo siaki68
  • Reviews: 112

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Refresh Hotel: Excellent food!!

When I arrived at Refresh Hotel late in the afternon, its restaurant was full of foreigners and locals. I took it as a good sign and wasn’t wrong; food was of the best I had in Sri Lanka. My room was also nice: clean and comfortable, with hot water and airconditioning. The only annoyance came from the creatures I had the honour to share my evening tea with at the hotel’s small yard: the black ants. They didn’t apreciate the fact that I didn’t notice them and I sat at their favourite table, the one next to the wall, so they reward me with a painful and itchy bite (fortunatelly, nothimg serious).

• Related to: National/State Park, Family Travel
  • Written August 21, 2007

Refresh Hotel

• Skutz profile photo Skutz

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Regina Holiday Home: Deberawewa Motel Away From Touts :)

The lady who seems to run the show around here was called Indu, a lovely Sri Lankan woman, her brother found us at the bus station of Tissa and took us to the motel free of charge so we could check it out.
The rooms are good for budget travellers it cost us about 400 rupees each per night, so 800 in total for 2 huge beds, a fan, mosquito nets and the bathrooms were nice and big too, although I am rather easily pleased when it comes to hotels, if you are looking for upmarket with your own facilities like kettles and tea in your room this isn't the place to come.
You have your own little table and chairs out the front of your room so it's good to catch up in your diary, or to sit around and have a few drinks with the locals at night, a photographer for Lonely Planet Chezchoslovakia had been there for almost a year when we were there so it can't be too bad :)
You can use their clothesline and swings too and you're down a nice quiet road so there's no rickshaws driving past at night, and you are about 70 metres from some good food shops and even a nice clothes store and photo developing and phone place, internet is a 20 minute walk away and it's some of the cheapest internet I found in Sri Lanka but unfortunately can only picture it in my head and can't give directions, maybe ask the locals!
You really won't be bothered by touts around here until you head towards the fish market area or Tissa and the clock tower where every man and his dog wants to sell you a tour.
Happy Camping

We got a really good deal on our safari tour through the hotel too :) And saw tonnes of animals, boar, elephants, mongoose, deer, crocodiles, and monkeys!!!

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: National/State Park, Budget Travel, Cycling
  • Written April 17, 2007

• Sambawalk profile photo Sambawalk
  • Reviews: 1601

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Lake Side Toruist Inn: Good Value Basic Room

The hotel stay was part of my 8 day trip package as I specified the accommodation should be basic non-air con with fan and attached bathroom. It turned out to be good selection and I am happy with it.

You can view more pics of the room view and facilities. It even has a swimming pool. Bravo! Room rate Rs1,500. It is close to the Safari 4WD touts areas.

• Written February 11, 2006