DADELLA, GALLE, Sri Lanka null

Jetwing Lighthouse
Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Costs 62% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Luxury palace

It was great service from its staff and the food was fabulous. The dinner course was so unique and a lot to take in. The rooms were very luxurious that I felt like I was a princess.

Unique Quality: The view was great and the massive bathroom really got me the best.

More about Lighthouse Hotel

Heaven Sent

by TripAdvisor Member marym062

After problems in the Saman Villas we were transferred to the Lighthouse Hotel @ 11.30pm, from the initial sculptures on the stairway to every little attention to detail, this is a haven in a country which a 5* hotel is not to the same quality as we are used to. The staff, the food and general ambiance is great, nothing is a problem. After waking early the next morning due to the traffic, we were immedately moved to Room 209 with beautiful views. Although the room rate at the hotel is expensive, the food drinks & treatments are not. We treated ourselves to a massage in the newly constructed Spa, unbelievable. Galle Fort & surrounding area are interesting and the little shops are good value. Don't listen to the tuk tuk drivers who will being you to "cheaper" places, they are all on commission but we found the hotel shop to be good value also.

A bit of luxury

by TripAdvisor Member Planenut

The hotel, staff and the food were the best we had on our trip around Sri Lanka and we stayed at several good hotels. Meals on the terrace overlooking the coastline were memorable, the food beautifully presented and waiter served which made a change to the buffets at most hotels. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and they always appeared to be happy. The hotel is spotless and expensively furnished, the spiral staircase is different and grabs your attention on arrival. The sea is not ideal for swimming as there are a lot of rocks nearby and it was quite rough, there are two good swimming pools though. One thing I was surprised hadn’t been mentioned much in the other reviews was the close proximity of the main coastal road that runs along the back of the hotel. Maybe my hearing is over sensitive but we asked to be moved to one of the quieter rooms towards the front of the hotel, which was not a problem. The sound of the sea I can manage but if you are not a fan of car horns and diesel buses accelerating out of a corner at 6 in the morning I suggest you try for a room with a “0” in the middle of the number rather than a “1” or a “2”. There are few signs of the tsunami near the hotel or in Galle now and the locals want the tourists to return and spend some money there. The hotel occupancy is down this year we were told, it was quiet, so treat yourself to a bit of luxury and go there.

Fantastic Stay

We stayed at the Light House Hotel for the second time in Feb 06 (First time Feb 2004)we returned for the awsome location, Incredible service and the food is to die for. The service in this hotel is on par with some of the award winning hotels in Hawaii that we have stayed in which costs about 4 times as much, great value, genuinely freindly service from the management down to the bell boy cannot say enough good things about this hotel. Highly recomended.

Wonderful Hotel with unrivalled setting

by TripAdvisor Member RostrevorNI

We chose to travel on to Galle directly after a flight from London. Our trip was faultlessly arranged by Red Dot Tours who provided an excellent guide in Amila Salgado - whose knowledge of birds and plants livened up the lengthy transfer (c 4-5hrs). We had read various descriptions of the Lighthouse Hotel and its striking staircase but nothing really captured the wonderful sense of arrival via this staircase to the main Lobby where the floodlit drama of huge breakers crashing onto large boulders is simply breathtaking.
From signing in until we left, the wonderful level of service never flagged and we can honestly report that 5 days were not enough to fully appreciate this facility. As this is the monsoon season in the SouthWest, bathing in the sea was not advisable although the huge pools within the complex were more than adequate.
The spa is a haven of tranquility with impeccably professional staff.
Food was of a very high standard from an extensive breakfast to the signature restaurant in the Cinnamon room.
Despite its acknowledged exclusivity, our Children were well catered-for throughout.
It was notable that the General Manager, Chamin Wickremasinghe, made contact on a couple of occasions to ensure that the level of service was up to expectation.
In our opinion, it can't get much better than this!

Luxury with a view to die for

by TripAdvisor Member Brochureaddict

Have just returned from 5 nights at the Lighthouse Hotel and Spa in Galle and cannot praise it highly enough. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff - always available but never intrusive.

We received a bottle of wine and a full basket of fruit on arrival in each of our 2 rooms and a surprise anniversary cake was also provided.

Our children of 9 and 12 were fully catered for - a kid's menu for the 9 year old and my 12 year old was treated as the young lady she is and not patronized by any of the staff. They particularly recommend the milkshakes and mocktails - the Galle Walk was their favourite!

Do try to experience at least one of the nature walks organized by the hotel. We only managed the Sea Shore Walk but saw things which we would never have noticed without the expert knowledge of the hotel's naturalist.

The spa is heavenly. I had the Island Indulgence package which consisted of a body scrub, a full body massage and a facial over 3 days - I felt fantastic. My daughter had a manicure and they made her feel very special.

The food was great with plenty of choice. Room service was quick and reasonably priced.

The hotel area felt very safe and I can't recommend it highly enough.

Lighthouse Hotel, Galle

by TracyJ

Hi everyone

We're staying at the Lighthouse Hotel in Galle in a few weeks. We've previously stayed at the Blue Water hotel, which we enjoyed very much. If any of you have stayed at the Lighthouse, any tips/views? Is the food good? Do men have to wear shirts and ties for dinner? Did you see any children there (we're taking my 8 year old daughter, and I'm a bit worried there may not be many children for her to play with).

Thanks, Tracy

Re: Lighthouse Hotel, Galle

by Nilanka

Hello,

The lighthouse hotel is also a very good hotel and 5 star. The food is excellent. Men dont have to ear ties but something smart for dinner. However, this is not a rule. Not many kids around.

need more info? nilankap@sltnet.lk

Nilanka

Re: Lighthouse Hotel, Galle

by imaturnip

I haven't stayed since before the renovations, but an interesting spot, Reat photo opportunities. If you have a child not much for them, but get down to Unawatuna beach a few Kms East. Safe swimming inside the bay, and you may well see Turtles inside the bay so snorkells & mask that day. Do though keep the child away from the edge of the cliffs between the bay and Galle, roguw waves sometimes. I have witnessed peole washed way though they were teenagers on something who went too far down near the edge! The first time I went to this beach, I couldn't get away for ten days, now there is a shipwreck off the bay rusting away, hopefully by now this is a thing of the past. Again sunset on the rocks above the bay is quite spiritual, would not miss it.

Galle and Kandy accom's

by alycat

Can anyone gimme the exact contact details (fone/email) for these two accom's:

Kandy View Hotel in Kandy and Lighthouse Hotel in Galle. I need to book them but the no given on hostelworld.com website wudnt connect, the email aswell, and I might repeat myself here, is hostelworld.com reliable??.

Thnx in advance.

email: lakecorner@yahoo.com

Light House, Galle, Sri Lanka. Tel: +94-91-2224017, +94-91-2223744
E-mail:lighthouse@lighthouse.lk

by alycat

Thanx a lot Maxus and DAO that has been very helpful!!

by Oscar_Nonis

hi

wish you are really satisfied with above answered

Have fun

Oscar

by alycat

Thnx a lot Oscar, ya it was really helpful.

Hope you are having a good time in the US

Happy travels