Mount Lavinia Hotels

• kelmck23 profile photo kelmck23
  • Reviews: 17

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Mount Lavinia Hotel: Our fave hotel in Sri Lanka

This hotel is by far the nicest we stayed at in Sri Lanka. We stayed a some that maybe were more appealing on the outside but not even comparable for service or rooms.

We were greeted with fresh guava juice when we entered and taken to our beautful room. The room was spotless and the bathroom was so shiny and clean. The private beach was so relaxing for you didnt get harassed every 5 minutes by a local trying to sell you shells or pulling cobras and monkeys out of bags so you can pay to have your picture taken with was nice. Also, i must add that they make the best mojitos around. Yum. We wish we would have booked with them because the price wasnt even that much more than the apartment that we were staying at, which wasnt even comparable. The service was superb and the food was even better. If your looking for a getaway from the travelling to sit back, enjoy and relax or a hotel to spend your entire trip at this is a must stay hotel. You wont be disappointed!

The private beach, the view of ocean, the service, the food and the cleanliness.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Spa and Resort, Water Sports, Beaches
  • Written October 3, 2013

• tabatha profile photo tabatha
  • Reviews: 245

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

-: Staying with the family

By accident I met on the street Mr. Liyanage´s wife, Nanda and they offered me a room in a nice and clean house not far from the bus station. I payed 700 LKR.

The family is very nice and although I staied just for one night I felt so perfect there.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive