Club Hotel Dolphin

Tags

Arts and Culture Luxury Travel Family Travel
See Amenities

Room 121: The worst hotel room ever

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 13, 2011

I was given room 121 of this hotel, and it was the worst hotel room i had ever being. Furniture of the room were broken, there was no tea/coffee making kit, bathroom supplies were very poor in quality and quantity, view of the room was terrible. even the TV on the room was 14 inch CRT (while other rooms had huge LCD's), No hair-dyer. Full of mosquitoes.

Staff didn't even noticed we were there. They were not friendly at all, we were made to carry our own bags to rooms (my wife and my self had to carry ‘truck load of baggage to the room with our 2.5 year old daughter). Haven’t seen a life guard at the summing pool. Pool hygiene was poor, they even allow local to swim with clothing like denims (to underwear). Very little entertainment for kids (they don’t understand kids).

Food was okay, but very one dimensional, we were expecting lot of sea-food (being a beach resort) but hardly found any. Generally protein was very poor. Pastry and soup was okay. Salads were missing depth. Dissert was good, but fruits were very poor in quality.

General advice is no matter what do not stay at room 121, the worst hotel room ever.

Unique Quality: big swimming pool
bad rooms

Directions: pass Negambo town, and take left-run from bolawattha junc

Lovely hotel but badly treated dogs

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 7, 2010

I agree with the good reviews of the staff, rooms and food at this hotel.
Unfortunately my holiday was ruined by worrying about the poor stray dogs that are in the hotel complex. There are notices not to feed the dogs but they are starving and one little black dog was obviously ill - even dying. One lady witnessed a pool boy kick a little female dog so hard the dog vomited for 24 hours.
I've contacted rescues since returning so hopefully they can be helped.
Please if you're an animal lover going to this hotel report any abuse to the management. They need to take responsibility for the dogs unless they get rid of them.

Maxus's Profile Photo

A Mainly All-Inclusive Tourist Hotel

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 22, 2009

Now I like a moan and I don't normally like spending my holiday in hotels but we’ve been using the Club Hotel Dolphin as a base for the last few weeks and I’ve got no complaints – in fact I’d go back tomorrow.

We were booked in one of the deluxe rooms but I swapped it for a beachfront ‘cottage’ and we were glad we did. The cottages are maybe slightly scruffier than the rooms but you have more privacy and everything is right outside your door.

I was out of bed and in the sea in less than a minute – the sea can be a little rough at the edge but good a few metre out, the only problem with this is that it means you need to be a swimmer because you are out of your depth. For calmer water go to either end of the small bay towards the brake waters.

I was there Dec-Jan, sea conditions change so check out the conditions when you're there and see what others swimmers are doing.

Get a beach front cottage if you can – obviously, from a beach front cottage you sit and look at the ocean, from the ones further back you sit and look at the back of the cottages in front of yours.

Unique Quality: There’s not a great deal around the hotel but there is a railways station in across the main road (a five minute three-wheeler ride away).

I've you've booked and want to know more put a question in the forum or email me here at VT

bekahl's Profile Photo

Amazing hotel

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 11, 2008

The hotel is gorgeous. The staff are really friendly and very helpful. Every morning someone comes and cleans ur room, they even made our beds and folded up our clothes and towels when we had been messy! Then at night the staff come round and put out ur mosquito net ready for you and plugged in a mosquitto repellant. They also brought fresh flowers to my room everyday! The food is buffet style and was varied and excellent. If there really is nothing you like the staff are more than willing to cook something for you specially. I would recommend that people try and stay in the cottages as they are lovely. The one I was in was right on the beach! I mean I literally stepped out my front door and I was on the beach, absolutely amazing. The hotel has 3 pools and a massage facility. It has a gym aswell. There is an entertainment team that run activities throughout the day that anyone can join in. The only thing that could do with some improvement is the night time entertainment.

Nearby Club Hotel Dolphin

• Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Negombo Travel Forum

Need advice about Negombo, Sri Lanka? Visit the Travel Forum for Negombo and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Negombo hotel reviews

Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Paradise Beach
Bad (2.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review

Explore Deeper into Negombo
Train journey to\from Negombo.
Public Bus
TUK TUK
Tuk Tuks in Negombo
Negombo to Colomo airport transfer
Transportation
An easy (and cheap) day out.
Halal Food
Boating in the Muthurajawela Marsh
Just great fun
Hire a Catamaran
Things to Do
Boat hire along the canals
Negombo Beach and Market
fishermans bay
Sunset
beach life
Favorites
Fishes drying on the beach
Nice hangout
Restaurants
Don't give money to the children
Warnings and Dangers