Building #1 Ethukala, Negombo, Sri Lanka

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Costs 256% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Simple Perfect

We usually like to book one really special place on our trip and for us this was it.
    We loved it here!
    The pool is simply amazing and the service was outstanding. wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone!

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo

Nearby Retreat from Colombo

The Hotel is still nice, although in need of some upgrading/refurbishing, but is well situated from the beach sellers, while still being 'right on the beach'.

Dining room for breakfast and lunch is ordinary; but the food was quite good and a good selection.

Room was quite comfortable and good=sized bath.

Directions: 12 kms from Airport (15 mins. drive) 43 kms from Colombo

• tayloretc's Profile Photo

Pleasant Layover

I was only here for about 6 hours, by accident, and did not stay overnight or use any of the resort facilities (which looked good from the outside). I was given a ground-floor room off the pool area with the beach beyond. The room was spacious and cool, very comfortable, and clean, although it wasn’t private when the curtains were open. Check in was efficient enough, and when my car arrived the desk staff remembered where I said I’d be. Everyone was very friendly. I think they must get a lot German tourists, because several of the staff understood my broken German better than English. (Come to think of it, even the hawkers on the beach there spoke some German.)

The entrance and reception area don’t look like much, but the main areas of the hotel are open and elegant. Lunch was good, although they got my order slightly wrong and the service was a bit slow (we were early and in a hurry).

When I came back I tried to get a room here, but they were booked solid.

Directions: Northern end of the beach resort strip.

• thelittlevoice's Profile Photo

Blue Oceanic Beach Hotel

It was a pretty nice hotel located next to the beach. All staffs were friendly but all Sri Lankans seem to be anyway. The food was OK. The first thing that I heard when I came into my room was a radio playing "I Hate Everything About You" by Three Days Grace and that already made my stay a pleasant one! How can you not like Three Days Grace? They're super awesome. I had the radio on all night long, heard some cool songs indeed like from Fuel, etc.

More about Jetwing Blue Oceanic Hotel

Good after a long flight and near the airport

by Sunchild about Blue Oceanic, Negombo

Nicly located, directly at a wide and long beach! Perfect to spend the first night, after a long flight and before starting the round trip! Very relaxing stay, friendly service but our room seemed to be a little smelly! Anyway - we enjoyed it. Directly on the beach, nice swimming pool and garden!

Hotel The Beach is next door. Obviously everything has been changed there, rooms are much larger now and all newly furnished and their swimming pool area is completely new and bigger.

5 Star Hotel at Negombo

by Sunchild about The Beach

This is a sister hotel (formerly Royal Oceanic) and next door to the Blue O. and was re-opened late summer 04 and is a high-class 5* star hotel, now called "The Beach" . It is located directly at a very lovely beach indeed.

Well, the rooms do look great in catalogues - but were not completely finished when we - by coincidence - were upgraded to this hotel (from Blue Oceanic) for our first night before this second stay's round trip.

Rates of course have raised tremendously! The pool is - I must admit - very impressive and you could easily do professionel swim training there. Services at the restaurant at night were excellent and the food was delicious as well as the breakfast buffet . This on its own was definitely worth becoming upgraded. As the rooms were not completely finished at the time (end of Dec 04), we cannot really judge their quality. Due to this fact, they were obviously somewhat - let's put it politely - dusty . Very modern in style and I suppose therefore probably not everybody's taste. Food was excellent and the pool is enormously long! Service in the restaurants was good.

Help!!!

by Tinagahir

Could anyone plese advise me of the Beach hotel in Negombo? I think it was previously called the Blue Oceanic Hotel but has recently re-opened.

Also, which resort is better Negombo or Beruwala in terms of beach and a wedding location.

Thanks!!

by penfold1

Hi,
We have booked the Beach hotel in Negombo for 4 days in December. We are going there after a 7 day tour and liked the idea that it isn't that far from the airport.

Last year we stayed in the Lighthouse hotel in Galle and loved it. Both hotels are owned by Jetwing. We hope that the beach hotel is of a similar standard. I don't think that the beaches in Negombo are as nice as further south, but it doesn't bother me if I'm in a nice hotel with a good pool.

Hope this helps.

by Nilanka

The beach was formerly know as the Royal Oceanic. It is now a 5 star resort and in terms of hotel facilities it is very good. The beaches in Negombo are very nice and have more activity than those in Beruwela. Beruwela might be better for the wedding but Negombo will be better for activities and things to do with many pubs and restaurants.

by Jeananne

The Beach Hotel in Negombo is beautiful It is owned by Jetwing and has recently been upgraded to 5 star. I know the restaurant managet there - his name is Ranga and if you go there he will look after you very well. In terms of weddings I would say Beruwela, Tropical Villas or the Eden.

by Oscar_Nonis

Beach is nice looking, expensive hotel in Negombo

Most people going in Beruwela for wedding and I think its nice place for weddings. Specially nice beach and they do most of weddings too

by aislingdesilva

We got married at the Kandalama Hotel in Dambulla. The hotel is fantastic (might be closed at the moment though for refurbishment).

Negombo is a better base for your holiday as you can visit the hill country, Colombo much easier from Negombo. Also Negombo beach is being cleaned up as the hotels are paying for the area to be swept/cleaned (we stayed in Blue Oceanic in May and the beach was spotless!)
Ayurveda Pavillions (won best spa resort), The Beach (5*) and Blue Oceanic (all Jetwing) are all good. The staff at the Blue Oceanic are really friendly and they would give you a very nice wedding. The Beach hotel is more upmarket (and expensive), so really it is your preference!
Also Negombo was not really hit too badly in the Tsunami so it may prove to be a better bet. The nightlife is certainly better in Negombo.

Comments