Molligodawatte, Wadduwa, Sri Lanka

Satisfaction Average

More about Villa Ocean View Hotel

The Worlds Friendliest Hotel

by 1Tony about Villa Ocean View Wadduwa

A friendly hotel offering both Hotel and Villa (cottage) accomodation. A very clean hotel situated on the beach. Two linked pools also outdoor spa tubs. Excellent food both local and international, I will be returning to this location in February 2004. Also on site is a massuese and an Ayurvedic health Centre (reccomended). The staff are extremely friendly and eager to please. Regular visits by Monica the elephant are a fantastic bonus (the hotel has an elephant bath in the grounds and you can help to bathe Monica if you wish) The hotel is also excellent at hosting weddings! Dominick, Rodney and Indy, work on the beach selling excursions, they are very cheap and extremely honest and reliable!!!!! The Cleanliness, friendliness and attentiveness of this hotel is of the highest standard!

King Coconut.King Coconut.

Sunsets.Sunsets.

Our anniversary cake.Our anniversary cake.

Wedding ceremonyWedding ceremony

Is there an elephant at the Villa Ocean view hotel???

by Dawnpears

I am due to stay in Wadduwa next year but I am interested to know weather a tame elephant visits the villa ocean view hotel, as in the first choice tropical brochure it sais that the local tame elephant visits the hotel on a regular basis. I love elephants and think there the best creature in the world, can anyone tell me if this is true??? Also what is the hotel like??

Wedding at Villa ocean view Sri Lanka

by Dawnpears

I am flying to Sri Lanka next week and getting married at the Villa Ocean view Hotel in Wadduwwa. Can anyone give me any tips or helpfull hints?

Villa Ocean View

by Dawnpears

I am due to get married at The Villa Ocean View hotel in Wadduwa in April. Does anyone know if this hotel was badly hit by the earthquake and also is Monica (the hotel elephant) alive and well? I was so looking forward to seeing her!

Re: Villa Ocean View

by judetaylor

We returned from there on Tuesday after getting caught up in tsunami. This was our third visit to hotel. The lower floor cabanas and the restaurant/kitchens were damaged as was the pool bar and pool area. Obviously the grassed areas were under water but the majority of hotel seemed to escape the worst.
As it was a public holiday, Monica was on holiday too and as far as we know is ok.
Please think before cancelling your plans. I am sure the hotel will be up and running by April. We are due to fly back on 17th March so I will post information on my return. Sri Lanka depends so much on tourism; and as the majority of the island -the hill country etc. is ok I am sure you will have the most fabulous time.
Good luck.

Re: Villa Ocean View

by crosbykenya2

You've already had a reply about the Tsunami. So glad to hear the hotel was not too badly affected. My sister got married at The Villa Ocean View hotel in Wadduwa. We travelled in a party of 30 people! The hotel is beautiful, rooms are fine and food good. The best thing about that holiday/wedding was the Sri Lankan people. They are friendly, courteous and will do anything to make your holiday and your wedding the best experience of your life! As for Monica, she is big, strong and beautiful. She got dressed up and was a special guest at the wedding. We've got photos and videos that we treasure but I recommend you don't look at them because you need to experience it first hand. If it was me or one of my friends who was getting married in April, I'd love to be a guest! Enjoy!

Re: Re: Villa Ocean View

by Dawnpears

I am getting married in April at the Villa ocean view hotel and included in our package is traditional Sri Lankan wedding Attire. We have asked the travel agent a number of times what exactly is included with this and I have emailed the resort and all they have said is that its a Sari and local jewellry. Has anyone else out there had this package? I booked with first choice. Does the jewellry include the tikka and bangles?? Do you really not need to take anything clothing wise for the big day? What does the groom wear?? I dont want to go all that way and forget something! Any info would be great. As you know someone who got married there I thought you could answer my questions for me.

Re: Re: Villa Ocean View

by crosbykenya2

Sorry, my sister didn't buy the wedding clothing package. She bought an Asian dress over here. I would expect the wedding sari to be red with gold trimming and the groom's outfit to be white/cream (you know the outfit with baggy trousers and a very long shirt). I would expect the Jewellery to be bright and golden. Just relax and go with the flow. It'l be brilliant!

Travel Tips for Wadduwa

PACK LIGHT.

by cazz38

Pack light for beach stays as it is so hot in Sri Lanka and the humidity is so high,you will only need your swim wear,shorts t.shirts etc and something smart for the evenings.take a high sun factor and a mozzie spray we got bit quite a few times.

Comments