KING'S TOWN

Rated 21% lower than similarly priced 4 star hotels

More about Kaohsiung

Spring Autumn PavillionSpring Autumn Pavillion

I'm baaaack!!!I'm baaaack!!!

Walk to the lighthouse & artillery batteryWalk to the lighthouse & artillery battery

cocktail contestcocktail contest

Tour Kaohsiung

by lonaseng

Hello,
I plan to stay in kaohsiung for 2 days.
Can anyone suggest interesting places to visit,budget hotel,and famous local food, if possible the famous tribal food.
Thank you.

LTS

RE: Tour Kaohsiung

by mugriento

whether something is interesting or not depends on your interests. Therefore, if you don´t tell about what you like is difficult to give any recommendations.
For food you may take a look to Tainan, wich deserves a visit, about 40 minutes by train.
Since I was with a family I don´t have any idea about hotels and I never heard about that famous tribal food you mention.

RE: Tour Kaohsiung

HI,
Firstly some interesting links for the south for you:
Kaohsiung:
Pintung:

When in Taipei, You can Go to Danshui and cross over to Pali be Ferry and eat Aboriginal food there like Wild Boar Meat e.t.c.

Forumer posted:
This hotel is newly renovated. hmmm it is 3 traffic junctions away from KHH railway station/bus interchange, and near the night markets... Took a cab from the airport cost ard NTD220. As we took a NTD1500 per nite room (Fri and sat will have to add another NTD200 i.e. NTD1700), the room does not have a window. But it is still considered spacious and most imptly it is clean and the service is good. hmmm breakfast is ok and defly better than what is being offered at Rainbow Hotel @ Taipei. But can always pay abit and have their local food...
It is better to call coz I tried to email them and there was no reply. Be careful when you are making reservation as there are several Kindness Hotel outlets...
Pictures of the hotel: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8QbuGTly2bMOC

RE: RE: Tour Kaohsiung

by dec21

thanks for your info.
i understand that you did sugest an itenary for someone visiting taipeh 20 dec to 24 dec. how abt giving me tht itenart .i am interseted to see it too. thank you

RE: RE: Tour Kaohsiung

HI Dec21,
I sent you email to your hotmailand to the VT Email box twice. I am surprised you did not receive them. In Hotmail, messages from VT sometimes end up in junk mail.

accomodation in Kaohsiung Taiwan

by COUE

I intend to go to Kaohsiung in September to visti my son who'll be studying at Sun Yat Sen university. I plan to stay 3 weeks. Could anybody tell me about moderate accomodation ? Thank you in advance

Re: Tour Kaohsiung

Hi,
If you have a budget, let us know so that we can suggest a suitable accomodation for you. It would be easier as you are staying for 3 weeks.

You could also stay in a Hostel, tey also have single rooms.

Kaohsiung

Fax: (07) 336-1339

Travel Tips for Kaohsiung

Kaohsiung fish port

by yatingchen

Kaohsiung is big harbour and has individul fishing and business ports.

Fishing port stays all kinds of boats and what can catch your eyes may be big ones.
To catch big & high-valued fish fishermen work on ocean for several months. They use big net to transport fish from boat to land. Fish hills on ground are picked up quick by labors into big bags. Bags in truck go directly to fish can factory.

Cheng Ching Lake

by kenmerk

Though nothing of great note to your typical tourist, Cheng Ching Lake is a rare green spot in an otherwise gray city. It is also a pretty nice place to get away from the traffic/smog/congestion of Kaohsiung.

And conveniently enough, its located just a few minutes from where I live in Kaohsiung... (Just across the lake in this picture....)

Chijin Beach Scenery (chinese: ºX¬z­·´º°Ï)

by sunnywong

It has Matsu Temple, dedicated to Matsu; Chijin sea bathing with clear water and fine sands; the long-in-time Chijin lighthouse; the twenty-five-lady graveyard built, who died in the shipwreck. Moreover, there are fresh and delicious seafoods, especially the roasted crabs and squids; the reactionary-style three-wheeled pedicabs for sightseeing offer the tourists an unforgettable experience.

Kaohsiung--The city of lights

by judyintaiwan

"--Kaohsiung and some information--"

Well today I got a monthly magazine (f.y.l. south), a free magazine focused one local information like pubbing, restaurants, upcoming events..., and I think I could use it as a ressource to put up some monthly information on my VT pages so that if people are coming here you might be able to find out some up-to-date information/events and find a good stay here. I'll find my time to update the information on my pages or you can also go to the website for more information as well. =) http://www.taiwanfun.com/south/kaoping/index.htm

"Back to school"

I like the people here, though the food in Taichung is far better than that in Kaohsiung. I like the nice bus stop here, that's what we don't have in Taichung.

So much more to be discovered, so little time.....

Anyways, have a good stay!

"New place; new home"

Hey folks of VT!
i've been here in kaohsiung for a year, so far i like the views and parks! There's a lake next to where I live with 3-min bicycle distence. I like going biking when the sun sets. 3 local markets and 2 night markets nearby! What can i say more about it?

Food here is a big sweeter than in taichung. i don't like noodles here but i dig rice lots.

If you're coming to Kaohusing for visit, please let me know!

Comments