Friends Hotel Ming-Sheng Taipei

Costs 21% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Friends Hotel Ming-Sheng Taipei

Hotels in Taipei Taiwan

by Ronario about Yomi Hotel Taipei Tai Taiwan

Situated in heart of Taipei city's westbound commercial district, the Yomi Hotel is within walking distance from Mackay Memorial Hospital.

Yomi Hotel Taipei Tai TaiwanYomi Hotel Taipei Tai Taiwan

Taipei 101Taipei 101

Bao An TempleBao An Temple

Presidential Palace OfficePresidential Palace Office

Please advise: Travel to Taipei from Aug 02 to 05 2009

by decentpunjabiguy

Hi Guys,

How r ya? I saw a lot of helpful comments from you regarding Taiwan.

Let me introduce myself. I am 25 yrs old male from Sydney, Australia and work as a financial accountant with a global and well known company P & G.

I m travelling to Taiwan (Taipei)from Aug 02, 2009 (Arriving 5 am) to August 05, 2009 ( Departing 7:45am), and need your advise for some questions if u don't mind...

1) What is the best way to get to Hotel from Airport (Bus or Taxi) and What is the frequency and cost of Bus Service?

2)Which hotel would be good for moderate budget? I don't mind to spend more if there is any safety and cleaning issues in cheap hotels.

3)Please let me know the places to visit as i don't have much idea abt Taiwan, and I want to see as much as possible.

4) Can people speak English in Taiwan. If not how do I communicate with them?

5)How is the public transport? Is it possible to buy a travel pass for three days that could be used in buses and trains. If yes, how much does it cost?

6)How is the nightlife in Taipei? Is it safe to walk on the streets at night time?

7)Is it possible to get a tourist package and join tourist group like Singapore which offers three days tourist package for different destinations including free ride on buses anytime for three days.

8)Any safety tips & any dangerous situations you have faced in Taiwan.

Really Appreciate your help!!!

Thanks a lot!!

Cheers!!

by SLLiew

Just a general reply. Within Taipei, it is very easy to get around by subway. My favorite place to visit is the National Palace Musuem is some distance from downtown - which is unparallel with Beijing Imperial treasures but there is a public bus going there. Then there are the famous night markets of Taipei with many local snacks.

by wwroam

Taiwan has not until recently seen itself as a tourist destination so packages like Singapore don't exist. Taipei has an excellent subway network ( you can buy the Easycard) but as yet it doesn't extend to the airport, which is some distance from the centre of Taipei.A cab fare is approx. NT1200 ( about $A50).There are buses and you may find this link useful http://www.taoyuanairport.gov.tw/english/transportation/taipei_e.jsp

Cab fares are fairly cheap and the drivers are honest.I stayed at Brother Hotel but I'm unsure of the cost. It was a great little hotel. Taipei is very safe, but English is not widely spoken. Most of the nightlife is in the Ximen district, easily accessible by train. The very popular Rainbow Hotel is in this district as well. As mentioned, the National Palace Museum is a fantastic exhibition. World class in my opinion. I only spent 3 days in Taipei so I never left the city. The countryside and springs would be worth a visit if you have more time.
You will enjoy Taipei. The people are friendly and obliging.

by nuttyazn

Hi Sent you a long PM, hope it is helpful

Travel Tips for Taipei

Shop at the world tallest building

by dennisKL about Taipei 101

This shopping mall is located at the central of the Taipei city. Looking for some braded stuff? This is the right place to chose. I found that this is more suitable for lady windows shopping. This is not so expensive if your budget is to get some branded clothes. Perhaps, there are few items is really expensive compare with normal market value.

MRT changes our lives~~

by THLIN

It really a good way to travel by MRT in Taipei. For foreigners, the MRT system provides English service. Visitors also can seek help from free directions. Combining with city bus, a day in Taipei would be conveient!!

Street Vendors

by Ewingjr98

Throughout my tour of Taipei, I ate most of my meals at street vendors. I usually had no idea as to what I was eating, but I enjoyed it anyway. Street vendors are also dirt cheap, usually running me US$1 to US$2 for a full meal. The big dumplings are my favorite.

Now that I have made other trips in the region, particularly Hong Kong, I realize I was eating some form of dim sum, usually a variation of Cha siu bau, or pork-filled dumpling.

Normal, but decent

by yatingchen about Dante Cafe

Taiwanese famous coffee house chain stores like American Starbucks where you can see at corners in Taipei city.

The taste of coffee is as good as what served in Starbucks and the price is even lower. The cheapest coffee there is one small cup 35 NTD. However, the cakes are just ok. Latte is always my favorite.

Comments