2 Song Shou Rd, Taipei, 110, Taiwan

Orbitz.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Costs 82% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• whvcebu's Profile Photo

One of the best hotels I know

One of the greatest hotels I ever stayed was the Grand Hyatt in Taipei. Their excellent services and accomodation, a fantastic swimming pool and the was just marvellous after hard business days. Not forget to mention: A cozy dancing bar Ziga Zaga with lovely entertaining music and company!

• kevintx's Profile Photo

$215 per night for my room in March 2002

Unique Quality: Wonderful luxury hotel and highly recommended, especially if your company is paying for it (as was the case with me). All of the taxi drivers knew this hotel well which is a real plus if you have communication issues with them.

Directions: No: 2 Sung Shou Road, Taipei, in the World Trade Centre area. It's a few minutes walking distance from Taipei City Hall (the nearest subway station), Sun Yatsen Memorial Hall, or Warner Village (the D

More about Grand Hyatt Taipei

a massive hotel offering a quiet sleep in East Taipei

by TripAdvisor Member mundus

The hotel lis located in East Taipei in the Xinyi shopping area, close to the Shin Kong Mitsukoshi dpt. store and the NYNY shopping plaza and connected with the 101 shopping mall by a footbridge. The hotel can be easily reached from the airport by the Airbus no. 31, the final stop is at the side entrance of the hotel (€ 3.60). The nearest subway station is city hall station, about a 10' walk across civic square and along city hall ([----]) or you can take the 101 complementary shuttle bus between the shopping mall and the subway station.

We had an executive suite with views of the city hall square and Keelung Rd. The bathroom is spacious. Living area and bedroom are clearly lit. There is a large, heated outdoor pool.
Buffet breakfast and dinner in The Cafe offer a very rich choice of dishes prepared by the chefs in their open kitchen

Very ordinary hotel

by TripAdvisor Member andrewlm

I stayed in a Club King room and was totally underwhelmed.

Check-in/out was fast and efficient, but the rooms are very dated. There's nothing terribly wrong, just the sense that you're staying in a mediocre chain hotel circa 1986. A five star hotel charging top dollar in a city like Taipei really needs to do better than this. On the plus side I had a pretty good meal at the Japanese restaurant.

Great Hotel, Good View

by TripAdvisor Member wahcow

Stayed at the Hyatt for a night during New year's Eve. Security was tight but polite. The rooms facing the 101 building was great as it offered a spectacular view of the fireworks display during the countdown. The bed was comfortable. The room was just nice for a couple, with dim, cosy lighting. The breakfast was top-notched and most of the staff could speak english. Very near to the Discovery Center Taipei, NYNY Building and the 101 Building. Overall an enjoyable stay.

I like its close proximity to the 101 tower

by TripAdvisor Member jarusoba

We were in Taipei for a brief stay. It's been 30 years since I was in Taipei. So we picked this hotel because it's close to the 101 tower, which we'd like to see. We made the right choice because it was so convenient. We love shopping and the 101 tower offers so much for us shopaholics. The rooms are nice, though a bit old compared to other Grand Hyatt properties. But hey, we're there for just one night, we didn't expect much, as long as it's close to where we want to hang around.

The staff were quite friendly. We felt welcome in this hotel.

Good location

by TripAdvisor Member mariatan

We stayed at the hotel on NY's eve. We had a junior suite at club level.The hotel room was spacious but showing signs of age,amenities so so.The bed was quite comfortable though and the view from the room good although not facing the 101 building. The hotel staff were courteous and efficient and the club offerings were varied and tasty. I liked the hotel for its close proximity to the 101 building.Would stay there again if in Taipei.

If only for the location...

by TripAdvisor Member jaye_w

What did I love about this hotel:
It must be the location... its located at the new Xinyu district and home to Taipei 101 Mall, New York New York and Shin Kong Mitsukoshi Department Store. I was obviously spoiled for choice. These malls are conveniently located within walking/strolling distance and for part of the way there is covered overhead bridges. Just follow the instructions...( Handy esp when visting during winter as Taipei weather is extremely wet then)

As for the hotel proper, lobby was imposing and ostentatious with a water fountain in the middle of the lobby but i found the lighting @ night alil too dim for my liking. Check in staff was prompt and courteous.

Room wise is what you would expect from a 5 star luxury hotel... bathrobes and slippers and the usual ammenities...don't know if it was just my room but the lighting in that room was rather dim as well. My parents' had a room away from mine and their room was way way much brighter. hmmm...

We also tried the hotel bfast which offered a pretty large variety of choices.

Taipei

by DeeQuita

20.-22. February 2008 - Taipei
Stayed at Grand Hyatt Taipei.

23.-26. April 2008 - Taipei
Stayed at Grand Hyatt Taipei.

eslite

by ximin94

sorrie for all the trouble.
cause i m tight for time in taipei so ya.
i will be in grand hyatt taipei on the last day would like to know how far is the hotel from the 24 h eslite bkstore?

by Jane84

They are in same neighborhood ( shin yi district), sorry forgot and couldn't tell you how far apart. You could take MRT, although you take taxi wouldn't cost you too much.

It is high class and rich area, I have been the store, it is huge and very nice store, but always remerber watch you personal belonging.

Have fun and enjoy the heat in Taipei!! :)

by nuttyazn

HI,

There is an Eslite in the area but it is not the 24 hrs Branch:
It about a 10 min slow walk, not bad for a stroll.

by Jane84

Hi,
I just heard,there is live band from 8/31 8pm - 9/1 6am in 24H Eslite bkstore,then it will be closed on 9/1 morning for 40 days!

• Jul 8, 2013 at 1:13 AM

As I know that this hotel is the creepiest becuz that is a cemetery of World War II. We almost leave there when we went for a vacation in Taipei. We were very lucky :)

• Jul 8, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Haunted Rooms and Hotel of Grand Hyatt
    Never leave there b4 but as I know that hotel is really haunted . My mum friend went there without noticing that hotel was haunted . When my mum friend was bathing , she can see some Thailand writing on the glass door of the bathroom. She quickly ran out and changed her clothes and check out as soon as possible. I don't think it's a good thing to sleep there. Don't even go near to that hotel.