Taipei Hotels

Our Members Say

• angiebabe profile photo angiebabe
  • Reviews: 1699

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Here There Hostel: Clean and comfortable, friendly staff!

I booked a dorm bed as a friend of mine was going to be in Taipei and wanted a low priced stay in the busy Ximen area of the city...they looked comfortable in the photo that a bit worrying as the upper bunks look like wood panelling without any support for the upper panel!

To save money staying in a hostel dorm would be okay and endurable if, like a few dorms ive seen around China and Hong Kong if they provide curtaining and light and power socket for each bunk...which appeared to be the case in the photo and preferably if a female dorm rather than mixed - its quite common for most hostels to have mixed dorms and these tend to be cheapr than all male or all female dorms!

the choice didnt poiint out how many females sharing the dorm though...
I arrived 2 hours later than planned due to flight delay, but wonderfully my request in the comment section when booking for a lower bunk was met and i had a lower bunk waiting for me.
...and reallly comfortable mattress and nice quality sheets and duvet.

Staff really friendly and smiley. Speak english and everything very clean - only the shower is in the with the loo and doesnt have a curtain partition so water goes everywhere when someone has a shower.
There are signs requesting guests to be quiet after midnight and to use the bathrooms near the reception desk rather than in the dorms if needing to use the hair dryer between the hours of 12 and 7am

Excellent hot water and water pressure for the shower.

Water dispenser provides free hot and cold water.

I booked online with my credit card using agoda.com - it cost me 13 pounds for the night. To extend my stay while on the premises a reduced offer is available of only 400 NTD or 8 pounds.

Up on the 4th floor - good elevator, in a busy alley with lots of restaurants, bars, shops around and out on the main streets. ! minute from the 100 year octagonal Red House building.
and a couple of minutes from Ximen MRT.
a few minutes from the night markets and pedestrian streets with lots of food and shopping places.

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel, Women's Travel
  • Written May 10, 2015

• niki0917 profile photo niki0917
  • Reviews: 1

Ulysses Hotel: The BEST Hotel in Taipei

Location! It's right next to the Main Bus station which is very convenient if you plan doing day trips outside of Taipei. It's also just a 1 min walk to the metro, has many restaurants and ameneties around... About 10-15min walk to some parks a few tourist attractions. The high point of this hotel is the location mostly location. See what's most convenient for you.

clean, modern and comfy rooms. Location is great too. Staff were attentive and service was excellent. To cite an example: Just before heading out, i noticed a tear in my skirt. So i went down to the reception to borrow a safety pin or sewing kit. Advising me against the use of a pin, the ladies at the recep offered to sew it up for me. I thought that was a very kind gesture and was really thankful. Upon collecting my skirt, one lady even apologized for the use of a different colour thread and said that she hoped i didnt mind that the thread colour was different from my skirt. Of course i didnt mind - it was extremely sweet of them to help me with the sewing! What more could i ask for :) Thank you Ulysses! I enjoyed every bit of my stay with you and will definitely be back

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Backpacking, Trains, Business Travel
  • Written March 23, 2013

• Orchid profile photo Orchid
  • Reviews: 375

Opohills - Yanji Studio B: Compact, convenient apartment

We always prefer an apartment to a hotel when staying anywhere. We were able to rent this apartment for our week long stay in Taipei. The entrance is unassuming, the entry is through a corridor - the other 2 Yanji apartments are also entered from this corridor. The apartment is small, but contained all that we needed during our stay.

Bed comfortable, bathroom has the facilities required. The AC was also effective - it was still warm in Taipei in September.

We like having a kitchen to cook breakfast, or to heat up snacks. The apartment is well supplied with crockery and cutlery too (this is sometimes a problem with apartment rental).

The wi-fi is a touch weak - but it works. Mobile reception likewise required selection of the correct position in the studio

You own space in a new city.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written March 22, 2013

Street corner near Yanji apartments

• limkahwan profile photo limkahwan
  • Reviews: 100

Friends Hotel: Hotel In Town Center

Service are good, staff can speak English. Breakfast are good and price are resonable.

We stay for two days and extend our stay another two days. Very convenience, town center, metro station just below the hotel.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written December 23, 2011

• katherineyabes profile photo katherineyabes
  • Reviews: 2

Homey Hostel

After getting lost (twice, haha!), I arrived at Homey Hostel (homeyhostel.com) to find that the owners, Kelly and Josh, were hosting a barbeque for their guests and local friends. I had such a fantastic time. The small get-together had everything you could ask for- delicious food, great company, and a warm summer night.

The hostel is conveniently located a few blocks away from a small night market, a good selection of restaurants and shops, and the MRT. Boba (the term for “bubble tea” in Southern California) shops are very popular in my hometown, so I was excited to get my hands on a cup when I learned that the drink originated in Taiwan. Since bubble tea shops are plentiful, I was able to treat myself to an iced milk tea every day before my departure.

Since I’m incapable of following a map, Kelly accompanied another guest and I to the airport bus stop and waited patiently until we left. I am so grateful to her for showing us such kindness. She definitely has awesome local recommendations so don’t forget to ask her for some suggestions if you happen to book a night at her hostel.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Business Travel, Backpacking
  • Written October 19, 2011

• sheryl_tan profile photo sheryl_tan
  • Reviews: 92

Amain Boutique Motel: Lovers' Paradise

Big room beautifully and romantically furnished and complete with personal jacuzzi, steam bath, nice shower and personal parking space.
5 star facilities at 4 star pricing.
Breakfast is nothing fanciful.
If you're with children, beware of the free access adult movies channels.
Transfer can be arranged directly with the motel. Airport -> Motel NT$1200 Motel -> Airport NT$1000

Big room beautifully and romantically furnished and complete with personal jacuzzi, steam bath, nice shower and a private lift to your personal garage to park your car.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written May 30, 2011

Amain Boutique Motel

• rkearns profile photo rkearns
  • Reviews: 445

LIly Taipei Hostel: cheap hostel in central location

clean hostel, central location right off the MRT (metro lines), close to food, shopping, within walking distance and metro rides to major attractions.

the female dorm has a refrigerator and the kitchen is shared. it's very very safe and there are even curtains on the beds for extra privacy! the bathrooms are cleaned daily, there's free wifi and the staff will give you insider tips on what (and what not) to do, as well as how to get to your destination. english is spoken and there are many people who have lived here for years.

• Written January 9, 2011

main lobby area

• IreneMcKay profile photo IreneMcKay
  • Reviews: 2145

Yo Mi Hotel: Cheap accomodation that tries a little bit harder

We stayed in the Yo Mi Hotel for four days. The hotel is 2 minutes walk from Shuanglian MRT Station. It is also conveniently located for the airport bus. Take the Eva Evergreen bus from the airport and get off at the third stop.

The staff at the Yo Mi are very friendly and helpful and in many ways the hotel goes that extra mile to make your stay enjoyable.

Rooms were very comfy with large flat screen TVS and a DVD player provided. Rooms had safe deposit boxes and tea/coffee making facilities. As well as providing free mineral water the hotel provided free snacks on a daily basis - noodles, pea crackers, seaweed muffins. The hotel also stocked a wide range of phone chargers which could be borrowed from reception. It provided the free use of bicycles for hotel guests.

In the breakfast room there was an excellent free massage chair which I made use of every morning. There was also a tiny gym with a treadmill and a couple of other machines.

I liked the Yomi's breakfast buffet, but it did not really cater to western tastes. I found the many vegetable dishes provided each morning quite tasty and loved their picked vegetables especially pickled seaweed and pickled bamboo slices.

On the negative side. The hotel has very thin walls and you can hear everything that's going on in neighbouring rooms. Also while the bed linen and bathroom were very clean, the floor was not cleaned properly and the furniture was a bit dusty. The previous occupant of our room left her false eyelashes on the table. This gave us quite a nasty shock when we first discovered them.

On the whole though we would definitely stay here again.

• Related to: Backpacking
  • Written February 27, 2010

• Ronario profile photo Ronario
  • Reviews: 160

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Yomi Hotel Taipei Tai Taiwan: Hotels in Taipei Taiwan

Situated in heart of Taipei city's westbound commercial district, the Yomi Hotel is within walking distance from Mackay Memorial Hospital.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written December 21, 2009

Yomi Hotel Taipei Tai Taiwan

• listenandlearn profile photo listenandlearn
  • Reviews: 270

HOSTEL GREEN TAIPEI: Taipei Green Hostel, Taipei, Taiwan

As we have been traveling these past 8 months, we then have to find the most economical accommodation yet comfortable.Well, throughout our 8 months traveling Taipei happens to be the winner when speaking of "accommodation". Our first nights we stayed at these Green Hostel which is located at 1F., No.11, Alley 12, Lane 84,Sec. 3, Roosevelt R, 100, Taipei, (these hostel is quite easy to located, it's about 2- 3 minutes walk from these famous Tai power building next to the MRT station or green line)- the manager, his name is : Mr. Rich - (Telephones # 0980- 840- 210, 0938- 839 - 719) ..this wonderful great Taiwanese fellow! Our room or own bedroom came with our own complete bathroom, fully airconditioned, brand new television, and at the hallway is a washing machine for all his guests to feel free to wash as they pleased, what even surprised many guests is he provides the laundry soap. Oh! please let's not forget, he provides brand new white large bath towels, daily supply of toiletries, razor blades for the guys, shampoo/hair conditioner for all and so much extras, without charge you one cent more. After 2 nights at this hostel, Mr. Rich's boss's just bought a new building and bought 9 brand new apartments which was fully completely furnished with brand new refrigirator about 4 ft tall, coffee/tea boiler, study desk, brand new beds and cushions, brand new towels and everything brand new in the apt. and he moved us to these apartment which was right in the center of the night market which was even more supper. The prices was incredibly affordable: It costs us only U.S.$19.00 per night! In addition to all of the above, as the building is brand new the internet was not yet completed so, he left his personal lap-top for us to use it while we are staying in this apartment/hotel...so, how much more can you expect to get spoiled for only U.S.$19.00! Mr. Rich made our stay and tour in Taipei so memorable one and we can't just stop talking about how great our stay in Taipei. In the event you will need accommodation we would highly recommend him to everyone...oh! we forgot to mention one most important, Mr. Rich speaks perfect English, so, no worries for those who can't speak other than Engish. Once we are back home in Barcelona we shall start downloading many photos specially our apartment / hotel for you to view how great it was to find these apartment/hotel.

CENTRALLY LOCATED, VERY AFFORDABLE, SUPER CLEAN, FURNITURES ARE ALL BRAND NEW, FREE INTERNET,WIFI SERVICES, WASHING MACHINE AT YOUR DISPOSAL AND EVEN SUPPLIES YOU WITH GOOD KIND OF LAUNDRY SOAP AND A GREAT HOST!, THAT MR. RICH!

• Related to: Farm Stay, Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written April 1, 2009

• baobei2006 profile photo baobei2006
  • Reviews: 2

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

king of france palace hotel: Taipei best classic hotel

king of france palace hotel is a nice hotel . Which gives me a comfortable stay with nice decorated room made me feel like a princess during my 4 days stay . The breakfast provided by the hotel is quite yummy.

Nice comfortable hotel room .The hotel is located next to TV station.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Luxury Travel, Backpacking, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written March 4, 2007

• kiely profile photo kiely
  • Reviews: 100

Dai-Lei Resort & Spa: Hot-Spring Hotel in Wu-Lai

If you are looking for a nice hot spring resort to stay then you probably don't wanna miss this one. Every room in this resort has got its own HUGE bathroom with a jacuzzi tub and a seperate shower. With the jacuzzi, you can choose either hot spring or cold spring. I don't know the exact amount of how much it will cost to stay there a night coz my work pay for it. You can reach almost all the nice spots in Wu-Lai from here.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written June 19, 2006
Tip Photo

• mickshe profile photo mickshe
  • Reviews: 84

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

golf and resort hotel: Miramar Golf and Resort

i stayed here only for a night but often times come back and do business but i really dont like the area since its too far from downtown and i feel like iam in a middle of nowhere..
one time i took a taxi from the airport because the hotel cannot pick me up from the airport since they said my arrival was earlier than scheduled so they dont have any cars for me so they asked me to take the taxi but promised they will pay me when i get to their hotel.The thing is the driver dont know the road(or maybe pretend not to know?)and even though i have been there 2-3 times i still dont know where it is.. i feel like its in the mountain and what makes it worst was when i arrived in taipei it was at night and raining so its harder for me to see some landmarks and i was scared not knowing where i was going and the driver doesnt even know where it is. Given the choice(since i stay here because my company booked me here) i will not stay here again. They dont even have breakfast buffet,only ala-carte and with only few choices. The only thing good in here is the room since its so big (but who cares?i will not live here anyhow,just stay for a few days or less) and if you like golf then thats it.nothing more!

• Related to: Business Travel
  • Written December 30, 2005

• fiLination profile photo fiLination
  • Reviews: 25

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Mandarin Hostel: Mandarin Hostel

Arriving at Taipei I did the mistake of following Lonely Planet’s accommodation suggestion and ended up at the very bad Happy Family and Happy Family 2 hostels (500NT$->15US$ a day for a dirty small room with dirty shared toilet). As I gathered from my fellow backpackers, other low-range Lonely Planet hostels for the same price are just as bad.

It took me two days to realize that there are other options available. Just across the street from Taipei Main Station, along Huainin st. and west, there is a large collection of hotels that offer rooms with clean toilets, bath, TV and A/C for the same price range (500 to 900NT$->15 to 30US$ per day).

If you’re staying at Taipei longer than a week, then I can recommend a type of leased apartment solution called Mandarin Hostel. Mandarin is operated by three western folks that lease a big comfy room in a big apartment at three locations across town. The two apartments next to the YongChun and Wanlong MRT stations offer shared apartment with 4 rooms for about 3000NT$ a week (13US$ per day) that include a full kitchen, a living room, a computer with an internet connection & clean toilet/shower. The third apartment, close to Shida university and Taipower Building MRT station, has the same facilities (has internet connection, but no computer, so use your own laptop) and it’s not shared - only one bedroom, and the price is 4000NT$ a week. Their website with all the information is up at: www.mandarinhostel.com.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written December 24, 2005

• THLIN profile photo THLIN
  • Reviews: 341

Ambassadors Hotel: Ambassadors...

Well to be honest, I have never been to Ambassadors Hotel Taipei, but I've been to the one in HsinChu for more than five times. This is a local chain five star hotel, so I supposed that the qualities are about the same!!
Just like most five star hotel, nice crews, good atmosphere and very EXPENSIVE refrigerator...

• Opinion of Price: most expensive