Taipei Hotels

Our Members Say

• kiely profile photo kiely
  • Reviews: 100

Dai-Lei Resort & Spa: Hot-Spring Hotel in Wu-Lai

If you are looking for a nice hot spring resort to stay then you probably don't wanna miss this one. Every room in this resort has got its own HUGE bathroom with a jacuzzi tub and a seperate shower. With the jacuzzi, you can choose either hot spring or cold spring. I don't know the exact amount of how much it will cost to stay there a night coz my work pay for it. You can reach almost all the nice spots in Wu-Lai from here.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written June 19, 2006
Tip Photo

• rkearns profile photo rkearns
  • Reviews: 445

LIly Taipei Hostel: cheap hostel in central location

clean hostel, central location right off the MRT (metro lines), close to food, shopping, within walking distance and metro rides to major attractions.

the female dorm has a refrigerator and the kitchen is shared. it's very very safe and there are even curtains on the beds for extra privacy! the bathrooms are cleaned daily, there's free wifi and the staff will give you insider tips on what (and what not) to do, as well as how to get to your destination. english is spoken and there are many people who have lived here for years.

• Written January 9, 2011

main lobby area

• IreneMcKay profile photo IreneMcKay
  • Reviews: 1439

Yo Mi Hotel: Cheap accomodation that tries a little bit harder

We stayed in the Yo Mi Hotel for four days. The hotel is 2 minutes walk from Shuanglian MRT Station. It is also conveniently located for the airport bus. Take the Eva Evergreen bus from the airport and get off at the third stop.

The staff at the Yo Mi are very friendly and helpful and in many ways the hotel goes that extra mile to make your stay enjoyable.

Rooms were very comfy with large flat screen TVS and a DVD player provided. Rooms had safe deposit boxes and tea/coffee making facilities. As well as providing free mineral water the hotel provided free snacks on a daily basis - noodles, pea crackers, seaweed muffins. The hotel also stocked a wide range of phone chargers which could be borrowed from reception. It provided the free use of bicycles for hotel guests.

In the breakfast room there was an excellent free massage chair which I made use of every morning. There was also a tiny gym with a treadmill and a couple of other machines.

I liked the Yomi's breakfast buffet, but it did not really cater to western tastes. I found the many vegetable dishes provided each morning quite tasty and loved their picked vegetables especially pickled seaweed and pickled bamboo slices.

On the negative side. The hotel has very thin walls and you can hear everything that's going on in neighbouring rooms. Also while the bed linen and bathroom were very clean, the floor was not cleaned properly and the furniture was a bit dusty. The previous occupant of our room left her false eyelashes on the table. This gave us quite a nasty shock when we first discovered them.

On the whole though we would definitely stay here again.

• Related to: Backpacking
  • Written February 27, 2010

• THLIN profile photo THLIN
  • Reviews: 341

Ambassadors Hotel: Ambassadors...

Well to be honest, I have never been to Ambassadors Hotel Taipei, but I've been to the one in HsinChu for more than five times. This is a local chain five star hotel, so I supposed that the qualities are about the same!!
Just like most five star hotel, nice crews, good atmosphere and very EXPENSIVE refrigerator...

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Written August 22, 2005
Tip Photo

• devmicha profile photo devmicha
  • Reviews: 51

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Formosa Hostel and Formosa II: A small, supportive community

Well... Like everywhere I stayed in Taiwan the place was not completely clean. The garbage was taken out every night and thebathrooms were kept decent. But it was still dusty and there were bugs.... This is pretty much impossible to avaoid in Taiwan.
The common room had a notice board for telephone messages and Job postings, a pay-telephone , a television and a dining room table. There are many books available including some fiction and a Taiwan Lonely Planet and the people who stay there tend to stay a while (I was there for 4 months and some others had been there 4 years!!) Everybody was very understanding of what it is like to be nee and were more than happy to help you out with advice and directions.
This hostel is very close to 2 majjor department stores, a few parks and restaurants and the MRT. it is only 2 stops from Taipei Main Station so it is very walkable.
The owners name in Lin Tai Tai (Mrs. Lin).
The price per night is discounted if you stay for a week. if you stay longer the rent stays the same and you pay once a week.

I stayed at Formosa II.

• Written May 27, 2004

• Don_Wright profile photo Don_Wright
  • Reviews: 154

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

China Trust Executive Suite (Beitou)

Another fantastic Five-Star hotel in Taipei, not far from the Pacific Wellness Center and Health Spa.

This was our second hotel stay of my trip.

This photo was from the observation deck looking down over the front entrance to the lobby!

• Related to: Spa and Resort
  • Written July 2, 2004
Tip Photo

• listenandlearn profile photo listenandlearn
  • Reviews: 270

HOSTEL GREEN TAIPEI: Taipei Green Hostel, Taipei, Taiwan

As we have been traveling these past 8 months, we then have to find the most economical accommodation yet comfortable.Well, throughout our 8 months traveling Taipei happens to be the winner when speaking of "accommodation". Our first nights we stayed at these Green Hostel which is located at 1F., No.11, Alley 12, Lane 84,Sec. 3, Roosevelt R, 100, Taipei, (these hostel is quite easy to located, it's about 2- 3 minutes walk from these famous Tai power building next to the MRT station or green line)- the manager, his name is : Mr. Rich - (Telephones # 0980- 840- 210, 0938- 839 - 719) ..this wonderful great Taiwanese fellow! Our room or own bedroom came with our own complete bathroom, fully airconditioned, brand new television, and at the hallway is a washing machine for all his guests to feel free to wash as they pleased, what even surprised many guests is he provides the laundry soap. Oh! please let's not forget, he provides brand new white large bath towels, daily supply of toiletries, razor blades for the guys, shampoo/hair conditioner for all and so much extras, without charge you one cent more. After 2 nights at this hostel, Mr. Rich's boss's just bought a new building and bought 9 brand new apartments which was fully completely furnished with brand new refrigirator about 4 ft tall, coffee/tea boiler, study desk, brand new beds and cushions, brand new towels and everything brand new in the apt. and he moved us to these apartment which was right in the center of the night market which was even more supper. The prices was incredibly affordable: It costs us only U.S.$19.00 per night! In addition to all of the above, as the building is brand new the internet was not yet completed so, he left his personal lap-top for us to use it while we are staying in this apartment/hotel...so, how much more can you expect to get spoiled for only U.S.$19.00! Mr. Rich made our stay and tour in Taipei so memorable one and we can't just stop talking about how great our stay in Taipei. In the event you will need accommodation we would highly recommend him to everyone...oh! we forgot to mention one most important, Mr. Rich speaks perfect English, so, no worries for those who can't speak other than Engish. Once we are back home in Barcelona we shall start downloading many photos specially our apartment / hotel for you to view how great it was to find these apartment/hotel.

CENTRALLY LOCATED, VERY AFFORDABLE, SUPER CLEAN, FURNITURES ARE ALL BRAND NEW, FREE INTERNET,WIFI SERVICES, WASHING MACHINE AT YOUR DISPOSAL AND EVEN SUPPLIES YOU WITH GOOD KIND OF LAUNDRY SOAP AND A GREAT HOST!, THAT MR. RICH!

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel, Farm Stay
  • Written April 1, 2009

• katherineyabes profile photo katherineyabes
  • Reviews: 2

Homey Hostel

After getting lost (twice, haha!), I arrived at Homey Hostel (homeyhostel.com) to find that the owners, Kelly and Josh, were hosting a barbeque for their guests and local friends. I had such a fantastic time. The small get-together had everything you could ask for- delicious food, great company, and a warm summer night.

The hostel is conveniently located a few blocks away from a small night market, a good selection of restaurants and shops, and the MRT. Boba (the term for “bubble tea” in Southern California) shops are very popular in my hometown, so I was excited to get my hands on a cup when I learned that the drink originated in Taiwan. Since bubble tea shops are plentiful, I was able to treat myself to an iced milk tea every day before my departure.

Since I’m incapable of following a map, Kelly accompanied another guest and I to the airport bus stop and waited patiently until we left. I am so grateful to her for showing us such kindness. She definitely has awesome local recommendations so don’t forget to ask her for some suggestions if you happen to book a night at her hostel.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Business Travel, Backpacking
  • Written October 19, 2011

• jil_coleslaw profile photo jil_coleslaw
  • Reviews: 98

asia pacific resort: spa + hot spring + resort

i have not stay there but used the hot spring. there are several types of hot springs both for individual and public.

the one i used is for individual (2 persons). it is outdoor divided a private space. it costs around US$25 for 2 hours.

Asia Pacific Resort was newly open on February 5th, 2002. It is characterized by the Japanese-style therapeutic hot spring; and various kinds of hot spring: “Yu Tang”, “Jing Tang”, “Sen Tang”, “Yan Tang”, “Kuai Tang”; and one swimming pool for the children.

Asia Pacific Resort was newly open on February 5th, 2002. It is characterized by the Japanese-style therapeutic hot spring; and various kinds of hot spring.

It provides various types of cuisine around the world. Guests could also choose from a number of dining options: feasts, tea time special, light meal and many other choices.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Spa and Resort
  • Written March 28, 2004

Main entrance

• Ewingjr98 profile photo Ewingjr98
  • Reviews: 5799

Horng Gong Hotel

I stayed at the Horng Gong Hotel on Chang Chun Road. It had a nice large room and was in a good location, close The Zone and many of the major tourist sites such as the Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall. I paid about US$60 per night. It was also a relatively easy walk to the subway and the airport bus pickup and drop off location.

I booked the hotel room at the airport information desk after landing.

• Written May 3, 2004

Hotel Brochure

• Orchid profile photo Orchid
  • Reviews: 297

Opohills - Yanji Studio B: Compact, convenient apartment

We always prefer an apartment to a hotel when staying anywhere. We were able to rent this apartment for our week long stay in Taipei. The entrance is unassuming, the entry is through a corridor - the other 2 Yanji apartments are also entered from this corridor. The apartment is small, but contained all that we needed during our stay.

Bed comfortable, bathroom has the facilities required. The AC was also effective - it was still warm in Taipei in September.

We like having a kitchen to cook breakfast, or to heat up snacks. The apartment is well supplied with crockery and cutlery too (this is sometimes a problem with apartment rental).

The wi-fi is a touch weak - but it works. Mobile reception likewise required selection of the correct position in the studio

You own space in a new city.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written March 22, 2013

Street corner near Yanji apartments

• baobei2006 profile photo baobei2006
  • Reviews: 2

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

king of france palace hotel: Taipei best classic hotel

king of france palace hotel is a nice hotel . Which gives me a comfortable stay with nice decorated room made me feel like a princess during my 4 days stay . The breakfast provided by the hotel is quite yummy.

Nice comfortable hotel room .The hotel is located next to TV station.

• Related to: Backpacking, Luxury Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written March 4, 2007

• Don_Wright profile photo Don_Wright
  • Reviews: 154

Grand Hotel

I didn't stay in this one, but is one of the famous one's in Taipei!

We took this photo from the MRT as we were going by!

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written July 2, 2004
Tip Photo

• fiLination profile photo fiLination
  • Reviews: 25

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Mandarin Hostel: Mandarin Hostel

Arriving at Taipei I did the mistake of following Lonely Planet’s accommodation suggestion and ended up at the very bad Happy Family and Happy Family 2 hostels (500NT$->15US$ a day for a dirty small room with dirty shared toilet). As I gathered from my fellow backpackers, other low-range Lonely Planet hostels for the same price are just as bad.

It took me two days to realize that there are other options available. Just across the street from Taipei Main Station, along Huainin st. and west, there is a large collection of hotels that offer rooms with clean toilets, bath, TV and A/C for the same price range (500 to 900NT$->15 to 30US$ per day).

If you’re staying at Taipei longer than a week, then I can recommend a type of leased apartment solution called Mandarin Hostel. Mandarin is operated by three western folks that lease a big comfy room in a big apartment at three locations across town. The two apartments next to the YongChun and Wanlong MRT stations offer shared apartment with 4 rooms for about 3000NT$ a week (13US$ per day) that include a full kitchen, a living room, a computer with an internet connection & clean toilet/shower. The third apartment, close to Shida university and Taipower Building MRT station, has the same facilities (has internet connection, but no computer, so use your own laptop) and it’s not shared - only one bedroom, and the price is 4000NT$ a week. Their website with all the information is up at: www.mandarinhostel.com.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written December 24, 2005

• jaypride profile photo jaypride
  • Reviews: 62

Elite Spa: Hotspring Resort in Yangmingshan

Its a Japanese Style hotpsring resort that has its own outdoor hotspring pools. Its not like some large hotspring resort that's actually like a water fun world. It was very quiet, very good for resting and relaxing.

Like hotspring resort in Japan, breakfast and dinner are included. Dinner is in Japanese style. Taste's okay as we didn't expect too much. Breakfast is like what we have at home, congees, toasts, jams and my favorite butter!

• Written April 18, 2005