Paradise Hotel Taipei

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 27% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• Mr.Sparkle's Profile Photo

Paradise Hotel

This is a so-so hotel. nothing really thrilling about it. its quite run down, at least when i was there.

staff was ok.

I'm sure I could have done better if I put some effort in finding a place, but i think hotel came with a tour package my girlfriend I chose.

can't remember what we paid. i hope it wasn't a lot ;P

Unique Quality: Nothing!

• salisbury3933's Profile Photo

Adequate and Inexpensive

At NTT2100 a night, or around $USD70.00 a night, this place was not too bad.
    Our bathroom was not really ideal, but the accommodation was reasonable given the price, and we had plenty of space.
    For our needs it was fine.

• webmice1's Profile Photo

Paradise Hotel, Taipei

It was a pleasant stay. Rooms are small. I stayed in the "renovated" version but I wonder what was renovated. I felt as if i had been shrunk and became "Alice" in wonderland. Why? Firstly, the ceiling is just a few centimeters above my head - if you are taller than 1.80m, you have difficulty walking upright. Secondly, the passage way to the rooms is like a maze and the corridor is really like Alice in Wonderland. Lastly, the bed is hard - if you like hard bed mattress, I'm sure this is what you are looking for. Overall, the staff are friendly and accomodating - even if you demand to change your room, they will help to arrange for it. Freego, the bus transfer from CKS Airport, drives directly to the hotel. Definitely a convenient location for shopping and eating because Ximen Ding is just across the street. Ximen train station is a 10 min walk away. Oh, Paradise Hotel won the Bilingual (English/Chinese) Accomodation in 2002 Outstanding Service Award.

Unique Quality: No view and perhaps no window if you are housed in certain parts of the hotel. Please ask for a room with window. Window size varies from tiny square/rectangle to normal sized. Low ceiling is a joy if you are shorter. No pool and you definitely will not eat at the restaurant. There is a gym room for members. It has a unique architectural facade that screams European.

Directions: Near Ximen Ding shopping area

• TheCapt's Profile Photo

Great Location In Taipei

Classed as a "3-star" Hotel, I found the place quite OK and basic amenities are available.

Staff are quite friendly and helpful - ever smiling too!

A lack of sound knowledge of the English language was no barrier to obtaining the best service available.

Would recommend this place to those travelling on their own with limited budget.

Unique Quality: It's location in the bubbling Ximen District is its BEST trait.

More about Paradise Hotel Taipei

A place to rest

by atease about Paradise Hotel

The journery from the C.K.S International Airport was about 40 mins. When I checked in, the staff informed me on some of the tour package which is available. He also informed me on how to get to the Metro Station before i asked. The service was good and I think they are quite poilte.
When i are being informed where is my hotel room, i took the lift up. It is quite difficult to find my hotel room. as there are many corners to turn. Finally I had found my hotel room at the end corner. It was beside a somewhat like a staff lift to me. I went in the room, and was impressed by the room size. It was quite big for two person. I had taken a few photos on the room and most importantly, toilet. They don't have a bath tub but all the necessary items was available. There were some dirty stains on the toilet wall which I personally doesn't mind. The room also have 2 extra mattress and 1 extra pillow. Basically everything in the room was okay for me. For some people who need to charge their battery for their Hp or camera, you can request a three pin plus from the lobby counter. They will gave it to you but you will need to have a NTD100 for a deposite. This will be return to you when you return the plug to them.
It only have a little problem which is when you connect the charger to the plug, it is very loose...
Overall for my stay, the feeling for me is all right. The attitude and service from the hotel are good. If next time this hotel is my choice again, I will select the 'Renovated' room for a try. Personally, I think that there is not much outstanding characteristics of this accommodation.
But there was just two problems:
The 1st problem
The ceiling was too low. This is maybe because i was staying @ the 'standard' room instead of the 'renovated' room, i don't know. But because of the low ceiling, it made me feel somewhat pressure... It was not a big deal if you are considering the hotel room as only a place to stay for awhile.
The 2nd problem
I supposed there were quite alot of tourist in Taipei. There were a few tourist staying in different rooms and i still remember clearly. The time was about 12am plus and the people outside was like walking around and knocking on each other door and talking very loudly along the corridor. It can be heard clearly from my room which was so disturbing and i couldn't sleep. I think this is very unbearable because, for me the hotel room was to get some rest at night. In this case, I couldn't get some sleep and how can i able to enjoy the rest of the days staying in the hotel.

Paradise Hotel --- Taipei

by travelgirl23

Hi all! Im going to taipei on 16th-21st dec. and still in the process of booking for a hotel (Paradise Hotel). I just wanna find out if this hotel is accessible to night markets and shopping area? Thanks!

Re: Paradise Hotel --- Taipei

by clarkchangsix

Hi
It seems on Huai Ning street and around Taipei main station.If it is,you could take a taxi or MRT to Xi Men Ding.It is a shopping paradise.If you want to find something high quality,take MRT to Zongxiao Fuxing station.Or to see the highest ugly building in world and buy some super high quality and super expensive stuffs.

Comments