All food in Taiwan is fantastic!
1) Portugese Egg Tarts at KFC.
2) Ah Gei - fried toufo sutffed with mince meat, and tang hoon.
3) Mi Gao - this is rice cooked in bambo with nice sauce, chicken bits, mushroom.
4) hua zi - octopus, squid, cuttlefish cooked in soupy gravy (Shilin Night Market)
5) the famous chicken cutlet (Shilin NM - you won't miss it, look for long queue!)
6) guo tie - fried dumpling
7) Tien shao luo - thinly sliced fish cooked in batter, with sweet spicy gravy sauce
8) san xiong di (3 brothers) desserts : try the beancurd with hazel and gingko (lots of outlets everywhere)
9) steam bun (meat or sweet filling) which is then fried. Yummy
One last thing! If you like bread, you must go to the San Want Hotel bakery. It is like Bread Talk... The bakery is a store itself, right beside the big San Want Hotel The Portugese Egg tart at Kentucky Fried Chicken. They have 2 flavours - original, and ginger-sweet potato. If you like ginger, you MUST TRY the ginger one. It is basically a thin layer sweet potato underneath, flavoured with tiny pieces of ginger, and the usual egg custard on top. HEAVENLY!
Sorry I didn't take a picture but trust me, this is a slice of heaven. Die die must try!