Seasons Hotel Royal

No.330 Nanjing West Road, Taipei, 104, Taiwan

More about Taipei

awesome penguin exhibitawesome penguin exhibit

Sun Yatsen Memorial HallSun Yatsen Memorial Hall

Friends.Friends.

the Sign at the Entrancethe Sign at the Entrance

p.s. how easy will it be for me to get around as an english speaker?

by rkearns

asian languages have always been hard for me to learn. and i have tried. so how easy is it to get around as an english speaker outside taipei? and would i take a bus to the outside areas? a train? i'm completely new to this. thanks and cheers!

Re: p.s. how easy will it be for me to get around as an english speaker?

by DSwede

While I may not have had time to get so completely off the beaten path and into small towns, I did not have any problems. Just make sure you know some things may take a few minutes longer and leave enough time in your schedule.

I circled the island in about a week and always managed to find somebody that spoke enough English to get by. Taiwanese speak much more English than in China.

Re: p.s. how easy will it be for me to get around as an english speaker?

by rkearns

good to know

Travel Tips for Taipei

Lots of people from the Philippines

by AKtravelers

While there are Filipinos around the world, there seem to be more in Taipei than anywhere else. This is great for a traveler like me, because that means many bars and restaurants have English-speaking Filipinos to make me feel at home.
Apparently, Taiwan will allow anyone with Chinese heritage to have citizenship, and many Filipinos qualify. Since the pay is generally higher in Taiwan, many will take advantage of this to make a living in Taipei -- often sending money home to family left behind. The life of these economic migrants is often arduous, but most of the people I've met take it with good cheer.

A Windbreaker is a must!

by agc

Remeber to bring a good Windbreaker! Taipei or should I say Taiwan is not really that cold. But its a whole new different story when the wind comes! It was 2 degrees celsius in Alishan and I only wore 1 long sleeve cotton t-shirt, a jumper and a really good windbreaker (cheers to my brother for this) while the Taiwanese looked like they're going to the Poles or something.

Pet Store and aquarium

by kiely

Great service and plenty of nice aquariums. We've just got us a nice aquarium yesterday. It's a salt-water tank. Very nice one. They set everything up for us without charging us.

If you r not interested in buying any, it's fun to visit this little shop too. It's got a very unique architecture. Just look at the picture. Doesn't it make you feel like you r in the boat?!

I have lived in Taipei for...

by Green

I have lived in Taipei for twenty years. I think the best way to get around Taipei is taking the M.I.T. and the bus or the train.
The bus can take you to get wherever you want to go. But it's important for you to familar with the route of the bus. Taipei is a busy city. It's a little terrilbe in the busy traffic time. You will find the bus is very slow then. So maybe it's more covenient to take M.I.T.

Knife Sliced Noodles

by dixonchan about Shan Xi Knife Sliced Noodles

As the name suggests, knife sliced noodles are created by using a knife to slice off noodles strip from a dough.

They are top up with meat such as beef or chicken, and with soup base.

An unique taste, though I did not particular like it. It was a bit bland for me.

Comments