Chiayi Chinatrust Hotel

Expedia.com Agoda.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Average

Rated 18% lower than similarly priced 4 star hotels

More about Taiwan

View from our roomView from our room

Twin waterfall, see the one on top too?Twin waterfall, see the one on top too?

Helping to pushHelping to push

Toroko National Park RoadToroko National Park Road

Travelling all around Taiwan

by nixiak

Hi everyone,

I'm looking into travelling around the whole of Taiwan over 10 to 14 days.
Has anyone here done so? Could you share your itinerary with me?

Thanks!!

Re: Travelling all around Taiwan

by nuttyazn

Hey,
Here is a guide for you by another forumer.
Are you a student with a valid student card??

Re: Travelling all around Taiwan

by xiaochou

To dear Nixiak:

I'm Xiao Chou, a tour guide in taiwan, and I can provide you the customized itinerary for you. And no offence, if you wanna visit my itinerary to my clients, please add me in MSN then I'll give you information.

sqraranchou@hotmail.com

Best regards,
Xiao Chou

Travel Tips for Taiwan

Transporting pets

by janeword

If you are taking your pets through Taipei Taiwan, you'll need a transit permit. You'll need to send them your pets' certification, approved by the USDA (if traveling from the US) and vet's records. But they're nice about it. When I moved to Thailand for a teaching job, I took my two cats, and we were routed through Taipei. Martin and Thomas survived the trip.

On my way home

by luckymiffy

I visited my friend who lives at GuGung in Taichung, and it's famous for hiking path and hot spring. When I took bus to downhill, I found the bus is crowede beyond my imagination!! It was an early morning on Monday, and I saw more and more people (esp. the old) get on the bus and quiet excited like children. Some are going to The association for the old and others are going to the market. It overturned my thoughts about this line. Before I always wonder how the bus company make profit through this line, and now I understand.
I took the bus from Gugang to Donshi, transfer another line to FongYuan and took the third bus to Taichung, the fourth bus to home. the traffic is not convinient even for the local.

Rally against the President Bian, Abian depose!

by luckymiffy

"This is a very vital moment"

Befor the Presidential Palace, people gather everyday, some even stay day and night, to expect our president A bian can step down himself. The mass protest was triggered by public frustration over a series of scandals involving Chen's family and officials in his administration

"a dog can be helpful"

The owner brings his dogs to present and strengthen his position.

"Red means the fury of people in this Island"

All people living in Taiwan, from the Southes to the Northest, are sitting right now in their red suits and hats. This is a color that symbolize people's fury. In this silent sitting place, no one cares about your supporting party, but the same goal... deposing a scandal-plagued leader!

Nantou

by Dulittle

"Nantou"

on September 21, 1999, Taiwan experienced one of its worst natural disasters of the past century--a 7.3-magnitude earthquake that devastated the central part of the island, claimed more than 2,000 lives and injured more than 8,000 others.
Today, these collapsed buildings and topographical changes have been preserved in an outdoor museum setting as evidence of the quake's severity. Visitors are asked to begin their tour on the second floor, featuring modern art exhibits pertaining to various aspects of the 921 Earthquake and the history of quakes in Taiwan.

Taiwan, Republic Of China

by YellowFire

Taiwan is a modern industrialised megalopolis clinging to the fringes of an ancient culture; a string of teeming cities at the feet of a glorious mountain range. It's traditional noodles from a 7-Eleven, aboriginal tribes in mini-skirts and a day of temple rituals followed by waterslide rides. The human tide of Taipei will sweep you off your feet, but if you step outside the city limits you'll discover why Taiwan is known as Ilha Formosa, 'the beautiful island'. Mountain peaks puncture a sea of clouds, slick black volcanic rock wraps the coastlines and waterfalls shroud themselves in mist: Taiwan is a computer-generated Chinese watercolour.

But it is precisely Taiwan's history with China that has caused the most friction and heartache for the Taiwanese. The continuing tug-of-war between the People's Republic of China on the mainland and the Democratic Progressive Party on Taiwan is often prone to take on the pasty complexion of a civil war albeit one that has not, as yet, developed into an all-out brawl. Mainland China insists on the truth of 'one China' while Taiwan has managed the impossible tightrope act of agreeing, in principle, to one China but acting, in practice, like an independant republic.
( More Info )