Grand Formosa Taroko Hotel

No.18 Tian Hsyang Road, Shiou lin Village, Haualien County, Hualien, 970, Taiwan

Silks Place Taroko
Agoda.com CheapTickets.com Booking.com

Costs 63% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• THLIN's Profile Photo

Low Key luxury

I've known this hotel since I was a high school student, with its astonishing location, I made up my mind to stay here one day when I start working. I came here again early in this year 2008 while I was jobless; this time I spend a giant part of my one month pay to stay over a weekend. This is the only private owned hotel in the national park area, and perhaps the only luxury in the zone. The service is very good just like all other places in Taiwan. I did enjoy their pool on the thrid floor, where you can enjoy stars at night and scenery on the day. The sunna room is okay if you are willing to be naked like all hot springs in Japan. I didn't go to the gym, but there is one.
    Please do NOT expect good food in their buffet, which cost you NTD600(USD 20) pps for dinner and NTD 400 (USD 13.33) for breakfast. Considering the location and the price you pay for a meal, the quality should not be regarded as bad already; so do NOT expect any goodies from their buffet.
    In all, I think it is worth the price you pay for a night, the price can be even cheaper if you book through travel agent. We paid NTD6,200 (USD 206) to have a free shuttle bus service from Hualien train station to the hotel, a dinner duffer, a breakfast buffer, an aborigin dancing show, and a scenery view room. You can pay NTD350 for half day trip and a day trip.

Unique Quality: The location is the best for thie hotel. It locates in the middle of national park area. The view is good and very close to sightseeing area. We spend three hours on foot to arrive Water Curtain Cave.

More about Grand Formosa Taroko Hotel

Accommodation in Tai Chung & Hua Lian

by wangPI

Hi,

We will spend a night at Tai Chung and a night at Hua Lian. Is there any hotel or Min Su to be recommend. Our budget is not more than NT1600 per night for two person. Location is also important to our stay. We like to visit night market during our stay in Tai Chung & Hua Lian.

Thanks

RE: Accommodation in Tai Chung & Hua Lian

by nuttyazn

Hi,

Hualien: http://www.netete.com/stone/
Ms. Liu (Loves Singaporean now)-She is building a new larger place near the Sea, should be opened soon.
Ms Liu Her number is+886 3 8325202, hp : +886 0399 485552

Taichung:
Gumbico highly recommends the Zaw Jung Hotel
This has got to be the BEST budget hotel in Taichung. Our rate is $1100NT and this room is huge (bigger than what we had at Grand Formosa Taroko) and it's clean. Plus it has free internet with network cable in the room. And my favorite part, it is literally right across the street from the rear entance of the train station. If you walk down from the rear station, look across the street and you will see a Bank of Taiwan building, the hotel is right under that sign and the entrance is to the right of the banks entrance.

RE: Accommodation in Tai Chung & Hua Lian

by wangPI

Hi Nutty,

Thanks for your advice. Based on the information given, I'm able to find their webiste.

Thanks.