Nanyuan Resort Farm

snow landsnow land

salt hillsalt hill

To the top of Jade Mountain

by Marc_

G'Day all. I am interested in taking a trip to Ali Shan and making a run for the summit of Jade Mountain. None of my co-workers or other friends are interested in coming along ("it's too tough"), so I will be on my own.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible for me to do this as an individual; that is, to join an outside group. I ask, because I had understood that one needed to sign up with a group of at least 4 or 5 people.

Also, I was considering doing it before Christmas (Oct, Nov, Dec). If there is one, when is the ideal time to go?

Any tips from those who have done it before would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Marc

by bafgkm

Hi Marc,

I've heard that one must cast a draw to do the climbing because there's an upper limit on the number of climbers.
If you really wanna do it, you have to apply in advance, it's not like climbing up Mont Blanc. Mt. Jade is in the National Park so everyone has to apply, normally we join a moutaineering club to make it easier.

by Burtty

CTS travel offers the group trip to the peak of Jade mountain. The telephone number is (02)2509-9899.

Please also find below the website of Yu Shan National Park for your reference.

by bafgkm

Hi Marc,

Have you already registered or asked a group or any association? I've checked the website, they show the results of casting a draw, you know what, the date now is already on 22. Nov.
So it means if you wanna do it, be quick. :-)

Have Fun!!

by amykang

Hi Marc,
I am also keen to go jade mountain. Though I may not be as fit as you, I really hope I can make it to the summit. However, if it really get tough, u can always go ahead without me.

I will be in taiwan from Nov 6th till Dec 5th. Is there any chance we can go together? pls email me at jiangaiye@yahoo.com.sg if u think this is possible.

cheers!

RE: To the top of Jade Mountain

by tanjem

i am interested alisan and jade mount too. going taiwan probably in march or
april. how about it?

RE: RE: To the top of Jade Mountain

by Burtty

Going to Ali Mountain is easy. You can take the bus or the train from Chiayi. There are several hotels in the Alishan area. However it will be more convenient to choose the one inside the recreation area.

To go to Mt. Jade is more difficult by your own. Please see my previous link of China Times Travels and check if they still have the tour for Mt. Jade.

Travel Tips for T'ai-nan

Eel-Yi-Men, try it!

by yatingchen

Tai-Nan has many famous & yammy food. I recommend you especially "Dry Eel Yi-Noodles".

Yi-Noodles are originally right from Tai-Nan. People make noodles from flour and extra with duck soup. To keep the noodles (protein element canbe easily roten) well, they extra fry them so Yi-Noodles smell and taste different from normal noodles (made with flour & water). Its taste is thick and interesting. "Dry Eel Yi-Noodles": Yi-Noodles is fried with Eel. Dry and without soup is top delicious. General price: 1 plate 100NTD.

PS. milkfish porridge and some fish soup noodles are also recommended.

Chikan Tower-The entrance of tunnel

by TIAc

The entrance of tunnel at Chikan Tower
It was said that there was a tunnel betwen Chinkan Tower an An Ping Port, and the entrance was at the bottom of the well beside Chinkan Tower,which Koxinga was attacking and captured Chikan Tower.The Dutch soldiers fade through the tunnel.This statement is still doubtful.In the past Chikan Tower was confronting An Ping over Tai Chiang River far away in four Kilmeters.
²`¤«¤§¤U ,¬Û¶Ç¦³¤@¦a¹D ,¥i³q¦w¥­ ¾G¦¨¥\§ð²¤¨ª®r¼Ó®É ,¾Ú»¡²üÄõ¤H«Y¥Ñ¦¹¦a¹D°k¨« ,²{©|¦³ºÃ ,«ö¨ª®r¼Ó¦w¥­¨â¦a, ©õ¤é¥x¦¿¯EÃv»»¹ï ,¨ä¶¡¬Û¶Z¥|¤½¨½.

Worship Confucious

by yatingchen

Confucianism, the spirit has deep influcence on Chinese culture. Taiwan reserves the tradition.

Due to Confucianism we people traditionally respect teachers (, but time is different, the view changed) and take Confucious' birthday on September 28 as teachers' day. On that day we hold solemn ceremony for celebration in Confucious Temples all around Taiwan. The rite is ran with polite dance and music (bells).

The Confucious Temple in Tai-Nan is the biggest and oldest one so it's ceremony is also the best.

Making Friends~~~

by THLIN

Basing on my own experiences, It's easy to make friends with the locals if visitors who can speak a few Taiwanese, which is widely used dialact in Taiwan.
You may get price discounts, clearly street directions, and so on, if you can speak a few Taiwanese.

Biyun Temple (chinese: ºÑ¶³¦x)

by sunnywong

Biyun Temple is also known as "Hwoshan Temple" and "Sinyan", dedicated to Gwanyin Buddha (the Goddess of Mercy). Enter Shanmen palace of Biyun Temple see a tall white Gwanyin statue, and the embossments of the eighteen Lwohan (the Buddhist disciples). The forward direction is Dasyung Baudyan (precious palace); the whole palace is paved with marbles, looking gorgeous. Beside the palace there're stone steps leading to the secluded and quiet bamboo grove at the rear of the mountain, good for a walk.

Comments