Dushanbe Hotels

Our Members Say

• hcy profile photo hcy

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Taj Palace: Hotel Taj Palace

The rooms in this hotel are really large. Everything looks luxury, many facilities (fitness room, hairdresser, massage ...). Employees are friendly and helpful. Restaurant with choice of european and local food.

Only the aircondition was quite loud.

• Related to: Spa and Resort, Food and Dining, Luxury Travel
  • Written February 4, 2010

• BIZON_PHILIPPE profile photo BIZON_PHILIPPE

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

MARIAN GUEST HOUSE: MARIAN GUEST HOUSE

a charming home, prettily furnished and decorated. You will have a delightful first floor double bedroom with en suite bathroom. A lovely and exclusive area, within walking distance of a the town center. Very easy access to the other central sightseeing areas. A very helpful and hospitable host, and a lovely location. a great continental breakfast is included in the price as well as airport transfert.

pool, beautiful garden to rest

• Related to: Adventure Travel, Family Travel, Business Travel
  • Written July 5, 2008
Tip Photo

• djdirect profile photo djdirect

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Fakhing: A nice cheap hotel in Dushanbe ($5 per night)

It's cheap, best way to describe it, but it's not so bad - popular with Afghani businessmen and other interesting souls, they actually have a hot shower (though try to charge you 2 somoni for the privilidge), but the beds are comfortable and clean, and for the price you can't really complain, and just the opposite site of the circus from the hotel must the be cheapest but nicest street side bar/cafe in Dushanbe, 1 somoni for a fine beer.

Dirt cheap.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written August 30, 2007

• Trekki profile photo Trekki
  • Reviews: 2326

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The great game... company: Never every again (I am not millionnaire !!!

Now would I recommend this “thing” to anyone ? No, I can’t. Yes, the rooms are clean (as this is the job of the personnel, Tajiks) and yes, the staff is helpful (the Tajiks), but only if it comes to answer question of “where is the toilet” and “is anyboby here when I come late in the evening”.
Well, how to describe my stay ? Arriving late, at something between 11 p.m. and midnight, there was a nice guy (staff) waiting for us, but we could not get anything to eat. We got a tea, yes, and LUCKY for us the guy forgot to note down that we got tea, otherwise we would have to pay for this as well = 1,5 USD for the tea per person !!
Guest toilets were out of order, so we could use the staffs’ amenities. The room was clean but HOT and HUMID, despite a ventilator inside. It had seen better days in terms of ages of each furniture and carpets (but well, it was only a guest room, so what the heck did I expect).
Breakfast was … well, edible, but I was disappointed to find Danone yoghurt on my table – in the country of natural yoghurt….

What pi**ed me off already on this morning was a guy who came and asked “do we know your names already ?” – without even saying hello or introducing himself. Plus, he was the only one present, maybe he got the time wrong – we are no longer living in the days of pluralis majestatis…. I think I asked something like “Do we know you already” but this didn’t help the situation. Next thing he did was opening his hand and wanted 30 USD for the night plus breakfast.

Later I learned that “opening his hand” was the characteristic feature of Mr. Rick, co-owner of this… thing. Unique qualities ? I found that they seem to believe that each of their guests is a millionnaire, born to compensate for his decision to have opened this establishment in Dushanbe.
More in my travellogue, also more about his unique feature to take money for almost everything, even a handshake.

Yes, they helped for the GBAO permit, but they didn’t hold any promise to help with the OVIR and would have charged incredible 25 USD for a lift to the airport. The same amount as I have to pay in Germany when I want to take a taxi from my place to the airport 45 km away from my place. But Dushanbe’s airport is only 3 km away from their … thing.

You see I even have problems to call this a guesthouse.

Don’t stay here, better you check the actual status of our travelguide here on VT , or even better, ask Anna
of VT. She lives in Dushanbe, I met her and she was horrified of the stories, also of the “taxi fees”, butt-cavity Rick told us he would charge us. She will most probably be able to recommend a nice place to stay, when you are coming to Dushanbe.
Plus, the city changes quite quick (at least it seemed to me), so what I saw in mid 2006, will have changed already by the time I am writing this.
Great Game and Traveltajikistan however, will most probably not change but stick to their very much colonial “I am the greatest master on the planet” attitude.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Luxury Travel, Backpacking, Road Trip
  • Written April 22, 2007

the courtyard

• Saagar profile photo Saagar
  • Reviews: 2174

Hotel Avesto: My base in Dushanbe

I stayed here for nearly a week altogether. A reminder of the old days of massive architecture and Soviet ideals. Rooms vary a lot, small, big, different designs, but the general carpeting theme does nothing for the smell of smokers and old days. Plumbing is somewhat variable, too, but there was hot water for a shower in my room. The bed linen was nice and clean and was changed often. Comfy writing desk.

Next to the mosque, but somehow their minaret loudspeakers seem to be under popular control, so not overtly loud.
Business centre and internet facility 1 floor up from the lobby, ok, but slow. Street side internet connections might me better on occasions, and somewhat cheaper.
The lobby shop that can change money, provide some souvenirs (mainly Uzbek), sell a few clothing items, notably cover-ups for women and leather jackets for men - go local! They also sell drinks and substitute the lack of a minibar in the room. Closes earlyin the afternoon, though.
An ATM is also in the lobby, a safe and sound place to obtain money before you set out for the day.
In the park fronting Rudaki there is a small but very pleasant lunch-evening kiosk-style eatery that can do good dishes and varieties of drinks if you hesitate to hit the city proper. Very good for a relaxed end of the day, too.

• Related to: Family Travel, Business Travel, Road Trip
  • Written February 9, 2007

Avesto Rudaki front

• srichmond profile photo srichmond
  • Reviews: 23

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Great Game Travel Company: The Great Game

We booked this accommodation before arriving in Dushabe. As the Great Game Travel company were providing us with the letter of invitation, we needed use some of their other services.

It's a nice place, with good bedrooms, and a shared living area. There is a good bathroom. Breakfast is included in the price, and there is a fairly extensive menu of thing you can have. You need to tell them the night before what you want.

The English-speaking staff will also help you with bespoke tours etc., although these tending to be quite expensive.

• Written November 21, 2006

• jkseddon profile photo jkseddon
  • Reviews: 69

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Valksh (unsure of spelling)

Soviet-style hotel. Low-rise.

Singles with bad shower and toilet for $10 (payable in dollars or Somonis)

The Tajik Intourist price quoted is $25 -- I'm not sure if this should apply or not, or whether my $10 just went straight into their pocket.

Relatively cheap. Seems safe and secure.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written July 25, 2004

• jkseddon profile photo jkseddon
  • Reviews: 69

Unknown: Cheap place to stay

10 somoni ($3.30) per night.
Go east from the Hotel Dushanbe (quoted $25/night) three streets. On the NE corner there will be a Western Union sign. Turn right (south) here and walk down about 150-200m. On the right side between buildings #15 and #17 there is a large gate set back from the road. Walk through and you will be in a large paved area. Continue straight on until you reach a small house with a restaurant-type place to the left.

In the mornings, vans to Khorog leave from here ($30/90 somoni; 1.5 days).

Talk to a Tajik man with salt and pepper hair. You can sleep in that small house on the floor. No showers. Toilets are outside. Daytime baggage check is an additional 1 somoni.

Cheap.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written July 25, 2004

• ashtox profile photo ashtox
  • Reviews: 25

Hotel Tajikistan

People generally suggest 2-3 hotels viz. Hotel Tajikistan, Hotel Dushanbe etc. But I found Hotel Tajikistan is better option. Although it does not provide you many things but you can't help it. Still I would say its a decent hotel. They charge you about $45 for single occupancy. It is situated off the main street in the center. Most fo the places are nearby. They provide you breakfast, a cable TV with 2 English channels. Staff is English speaking.

Later I stayed at the apartment. The lady is an interpreter. So she can be of use for taking you around. She charged me $15 per day for accommodation that included kitchen, a bedroom, music system, TV without cable. But it was a nice apartment. The lady's name is Dr. Lutfia. Her contact No. is +992 372 276316.
She charges around $20 per day for interpretation.

• Written December 13, 2003