Ayutthaya Thanee Hotel

Entrance of the Thai Boat MuseumEntrance of the Thai Boat Museum

Elephant CampElephant Camp

Help with my itinerary!

by pecaspat

Well...again, I need help from everyone that can help me. I', being to be disparate because I can't decide my itinerary! I have 7 days to visit Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Ayuthaya and Sukhothai. For me is being pretty difficult organise the days and I don't know if maybe I should avoid one of the cities? For me is hard to decide not visit Ayuthaya, Sukhothai or Chiang Mai : (

Can anybody recommend me what to do?

I will really appreciate any help!

Thanks to all in advance!

Re: Help with my itinerary!

by TaniaBeard

I am in the same boat too, although I cannot determine whether to include Chiang Rai in my itinerary or Ayuthaya. I haven't been to Thailand before but after many hours of reading the forums and travel books I believe the picks are Chiang Mai over Chiang Rai & Sukhothai over Ayuthaya. Geez, I wish I had the time to see them all though...
Perhaps you could consider catching an overnight sleeper to Chiang Mai, then train with connecting bus to Sukhothai then connecting bus & train back to Bangkok?!?

Travel Tips for Ayuthaya

Communication difficulty

by yuet29

Less people speak english in Ayuthaya compared to Bangkok. For asking direction, you may have problem because only tuk-tuk guys are more proficient in english, and they are more willing to drive you there then tell you how to get there.

Taking pictures..

by yen_2

Sometimes, I forgot to take pictures..If I see that there are lot's of opportunities,heheh..really! The photo wasn't I thought it was, I was poiting and just clicked it without thinking any as I was concerned of the hot and I sweat alot..I thought that I didn't take an etra shirt so, I was conscious about it but when I saw the result of the pic, I directly paid attention to it;-)! There are alot of photo opportunities which I myself an amatuer would really be happy;-)

Releasing Birds

by Audrey118

It was the Chinese New Year, and on many normal days as well, but being the Chinese New Year, the local Chinese will make offers to the God for blessing. Here is my husband releasing birds at the fron of the Wat Naphrameru.
He paid 100 baht for 9 birds (nince sigificant number) to be given new life!!! or freedom!!!

Lopburi

by halikowski

A little bit further up the river, the Thai kings came here on retreat from the teeming capital, where they used to elephant hunt.
Europeans managed to import their own architecture here (see picture): this was the house built for Vichayen, Constance Phaulkon, the controversial Greek Chief Minister who was executed in a palace coup in 1688.

Under the shade trees

by herzog63

At Wat Ratburana there are some shade trees to hide from the afternoon sun. Also you can always sit on the shade side of the main prang. There is a little shop near the entrance selling soft drinks , water etc..

Comments