3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 14% higher than other 3.5 star hotels

More about Ayuthaya

Hua Rau marketHua Rau market

Ship models at Japanese village yardShip models at Japanese village yard

Look for the minivan with 'Ayutthaya' signLook for the minivan with 'Ayutthaya' sign

Wat LokayasuttharamWat Lokayasuttharam

BKK - Ayutthaya - Sukhothai - Chiang Mai

by davataged

Dear all, please help me out with this. I've planned a trip to BKK - Ayuthaya - Sukhothai - Chiang Mai and here's my itinerary for Ayuthaya. Do you think it's too much for one day?
Day 2 Ayutthaya
- Wat Mahatat
- Wat Chaiwatthanaram
- Grand Palace
- Lunch – floating restaurant
- Bang Pa–In summer Palace
- Ayuthaya Historical Park
- Overnight in Ayuthaya

Btw, is it a long way from Ayuthaya to Sukhothai to go by car?
Thank you so much :).

Re: BKK - Ayutthaya - Sukhothai - Chiang Mai

by BandK

When I went to Thailand in 2006/07 my friend and I explored Ayuthaya by hiring bicycles (about 100 Baht per day) and riding all around the moated city.

We covered most of those temples by bike in 1 day so if you have a car it should be no trouble. The city is REALLY small.

My favourite place was Wat Chaiwathanaram- it's style is very much like ankor wat's. Make sure if you have to miss anything - it's not that!

If you think you can handle it, I'd also recommend doing a night river cruise which is a circuit around the whole moat. It allows you to get off the boat and some temples that are hard to access (or know they are there) and it shows you a few that you may have seen during the day, like Wat Chaiwathanaram, in a whole new light (literally, they are illuminated by light and look quite different and beautiful)

Sorry I didn't do any driving so can't help you with the Ayuthaya - Sukhothai question.

Travel Tips for Ayuthaya

Talk to the kids!

by aussiejen

Kids are the same everywhere. Language is no barrier.
These school kids were having an outing to the ruins at Ayuthaya, but I think we were the attraction of the day! One little girl was fascinated by my camera and made sure she got herself in every shot I took, then giggled madly when she saw herself on the screen.
Not one of them spoke English but it didn't matter, we all enjoyed our few minutes of interaction.

Wat Chai Wattanaram

by herzog63

Wat Chai Wattanaram is a cool looking Temple that I don't know much about! I've been by alot but have never stopped for a visit! Hopefully I will in March! This picture was taken late in the afternoon when it looked like a storm was coming!

Give Flowers

by easterntrekker

As in all of Thailand flowers are everywhere. I love how people buy them to give to each other so easily. Even in the simplest of accomadations or restaurants its common to see flwers . Oh ! I know that they are raelly easy to give here , since they are plentiful and cheap . But i think its more than that , its the gentle caring ways of the Thai that come through when I see a beautiful flower on a little wooden restaurant table.

In Auytthaya too , there were little stands along the streets with flowers for sale.

Wat

by yen_2

I saw this one when we we're cruising. And I always saw this whenever I cruise the Chao Phraya. When we're approaching to Bangkok from Ayuthaya by cruise, I saw this Wat Arun that were really stunning and even very beautiful. I just took this at the ground of the cruise so, you'll notice that the photo isn't that nice as what I said!

0 - Fort And Fortress Around The City - 0

by xiquinho

The forts along the city wall and outer circle fortresses as found in the historical records include Pom Mahachai, Pom Phet, Pom Ho Ratchakhru, Pom Chidkop, Pom Champaphon, Pom Yai, etc. They are mostly situated at waterway intersections.

Comments