Pludhaya Resort & Spa

12 / 3 Moo 7 Tumbol Klongsuanplu, Pranakornsriayutthaya, Ayutthaya, 13000, Thailand
Pludhaya Resort and Spa
Booking.com Priceline.com AMOMA.com

Costs 49% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Ayuthaya

Sign at the Dutch settement siteSign at the Dutch settement site

Ruins of the ancient palaceRuins of the ancient palace

Wat LokayasuttharamWat Lokayasuttharam

Wat Phra Si SanphetWat Phra Si Sanphet

Ayuthaya at night, then headed to Bkk

by Hobbes28

Am planning a day trip to Ayuthaya. Heard that the illuminated temples are spectacular at night. Is it possible to stay until around 9-10 PM then head back to BKK? What time does the train/bus stop operations and is it safe to travel at night back to Bkk? Thanks!!

RE: Ayuthaya at night, then headed to Bkk

by GK2005

Well, if you are staying till 10 PM then its better to stay overnight at Ayuthaya. Since it takes about 1 1/2 hours by bus and train from Ayuthaya to BKK, you are talking about reaching well past midnight. Also, the FAST trains that make the trip in 1 1/2 hours DONT run at that time which means you are stuck with local trains that would take more than 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Buses are frequent during the day but at night there is unlikely to be any frequency. If you still decide to return to BKK, you dont have any problems once you are in BKK as even at that time you would pbly be able to get back to your hotel but pbly by a taxi rather than public transportation (after midnight that is).

Travel Tips for Ayuthaya

Time of Day; Hang Around in the Early Evening

by Bangkokjoe

Bright sun at middday will not only heat you up, it will also burn out the skies and details on your photographs.

If you can try early morning and late afternoon evening to wander the sites, the plays of light are far more interesting.

And it amazes me that so few people hang around for sunset, or an early nightime tour of the island when many of the sites are floodlit.

Leaving after 8pm for Bangkok may mean your driver gets a darkened road, but on reaching the Bangkok outskirts you will miss the early evening rush hour traffic.

Look out for sites with halogen floodlights, and return to them in the early evening. They will look beautiful

My son taking a break at Wat Mahathat

by herzog63

It can get quite hot in the afternoon sun!! You will probably want to put a small bottle of water in a day pack if you're gonna be walking around. We always had water in my day pack. I didn't pack to much though because a couple times that I packed to much it didn't get drank and it just got HOT. There are many small shops around selling bottled water and soft drinks.

Cobra Story Part 2

by herzog63

I didn't turn the light on as I was going to the refrigerator. As I could see where it was. But as I stepped barefoot down one step into the kitchen I stepped on something squishy and it was moving! Oh my god I've stepped on a Cobra!! With my heart pounding I jumped back into the living room trying to get away from it! I didn't get bit but I was breathing pretty heavy so I turned the light on to investigate the situation. As I peeked around the corner and looked down where I had stepped....Whew... it was a toad! Gosh my son and I still laugh about this story! I'm just glad it wasn't a Cobra.

Local fisherman

by herzog63

You can hire a boat to take you around the Island of Ayuthaya for fairly cheap! It's a nice 1- 1½ hour ride. You can see alot of local life as people work and play near the river. I found it to be quite interesting.

Boat Cruise back to Bangkok

by dfactor

The boat cruise from Ayuthaya back to Bangkok took close to 3 and a half freaking hours! It's pretty boring, but can get to see more temples / houses along the river. I finished reading my book, bummer.

Comments